• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our good friend David Johnson has declared Ronaldo is coming back to the Premiership.

To Chelsea.

He's put £450 down on it.

He's never wrong.

WOOOOOODDDDEEEEENNNNNNNN *shakesfist*

iRQPh2RM9hsBr.gif

Lightning

Banned
Mourinho wouldn't return to Chelsea in any other way.

----------------------Cech-------------------
-----------------------------------------------
Assburgerleta---Ivan ----- Luiz------- Cole
-----------------------------------------------
------------Ramires ----New player-------
Hazard-------------Mata-----------Ronaldo
--------------------Cavani-------------------

You better believe it.
So Chelsea spending 200 million in the summer?

I don't want Ronaldo at Chelsea. Price would be disgusting and expectations would rise to very unhealthy levels.

If Ronaldo returns to the Premier League, it would be for United.

Debbe downer already declaring it's not happening.

Oh my god, it's really happening now. Confirmed.

jDy8bX8M752RP.jpg

Marotta: 'Substantial change' is a big phrase – I don't think that will happen. We want to improve gradually.'

Tuttosport: JUVENTUS MAKING WHOLESALE CHANGES

What a shit paper....

qindarka

Banned
I mean, it won't happen, so you don't have to worry. But what?! You wouldn't have him... What?!

I'm sure I will get excited if we get him but looking at it now, it could easily be a 9 figure sum which would be an absolutely absurd amount to spend on one player. I've been getting increasingly uncomfortable with our exorbitant spending in any case. And I'm afraid of the expectation, I know that I and everyone else would expect the league and CL within a few years with Ronaldo and Mourinho on board and failure to achieve that would mean crushing disappointment and endless mockery.

And of course, there is FFP.

Linius

Ajax does it all the time. Wearing the new away kit in the last away game of the current season.

Also, De Vrij renewed his contract at Feyenoord. So far for Kuyts influence :p

Mastadon

Banned
I'm sure I will get excited if we get him but looking at it now, it could easily be a 9 figure sum which would be an absolutely absurd amount to spend on one player. I've been getting increasingly uncomfortable with our exorbitant spending in any case. And I'm afraid of the expectation, I know that I and everyone else would expect the league and CL within a few years with Ronaldo and Mourinho on board and failure to achieve that would mean crushing disappointment and endless mockery.

And of course, there is FFP.

That seems optimistic!

subtles

The "Bring Ronaldo Home" campaign will surely be devastated if that were to happen? Would Ronaldo really do that to them? I thought it was odd when Ronaldo said he didn't care about Mourinho, and only about Madrid and himself. I thought it meant he and Mourinho would go to United after Ferguson's retirement, but maybe the thought of Moyes sent Ronnie the other way?

The "Bring Ronaldo Home" campaign will surely be devastated if that were to happen? Would Ronaldo really do that to them? I thought it was odd when Ronaldo said he didn't care about Mourinho, and only about Madrid and himself. I thought it meant he and Mourinho would go to United after Ferguson's retirement, but maybe the thought of Moyes sent Ronnie the other way?

I don't think they will mind too much they've already pocketed a decent sum of money for themselves.

subtles

It's not unilaterally up to Mourinho where he manages.

Of course not, but with Ferguson meeting Guardiola several times (or was it just twice?) in New York it could have meant that the prospect of Mourinho at United may have been brought up sometime during the season. Moyes not signing a new contract yet claiming he never wanted to leave is also very suspicious. Tapping up and all that :).

There is FFP to worry about in any case.

To be honest, whilst I would love to have Ronaldo, im not sure it makes sense for us. The club has 3 very young and extremely talented attacking midfielders: Oscar, Mata and Hazard.

We spent about £80m~ + on them. We should be trying to make the next Ronaldo (on an admittedly shorter scale :p) rather than buying him.

qindarka

Banned
Who is this David Johnson guy anyway and why do people listen to him? I've been checking out his Twitter profile, I still don't know who he is, but he apparently has unspecified contacts, which is not a good measure of reliability.

Who is this David Johnson guy anyway and why do people listen to him? I've been checking out his Twitter profile, I still don't know who he is, but he apparently has unspecified contacts, which is not a good measure of reliability.
He's a United fan who seems to be friends/hangs around with alot of the United team/staff.

Got a few things right in the past. Also got a few things wrong.

He's got the odds on the move haha.

Feorax

To be honest, whilst I would love to have Ronaldo, im not sure it makes sense for us. The club has 3 very young and extremely talented attacking midfielders: Oscar, Mata and Hazard.

We spent about £80m~ + on them. We should be trying to make the next Ronaldo (on an admittedly shorter scale :p) rather than buying him.

Your priority should be buying a striker who can make use of their creativity, and a centre mid or two who can support them.

Chelsea spent too long trying to build a team around Torres. Building a team around Mata is the way forward.

3Sixty

Arsenal are close to signing 20-year-old Auxerre striker Yaya Sanogo. "It is in advanced stages but it is not done," manager Arsene Wenger told Arsenal.com.

Probably dc'ing but...

FM LEGEND.

Linius

Arsenal are close to signing 20-year-old Auxerre striker Yaya Sanogo. "It is in advanced stages but it is not done," manager Arsene Wenger told Arsenal.com.

Probably dc'ing but...

FM LEGEND.

I hate that guy. People always score with him when I play against Auxerre online :(

He and Taraabt are my nemesis.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sandro is so enthusiastic, he's started doing the gardening at the training ground:

c1cb5c00bd8811e2bfdf22000aa80117_7.jpg

I'm trying to help in any way I can... Estou tentando ajudar de qualquer maneira ... Come on you spurs

Damn I love this guy. If he hadn't got injured we would be sitting pretty right now, the downgrade from him to Parker is painful.

Linius

Loololol, the Dutch version of The Onion just published an article stating that PSV bought referee Björn Kuipers (from the EL finale and other big games) for next season. He's going to try to be of value at the moments PSV needs him most.

xA9OqGy.jpg

Tc91

My brother had Txiki doing deals for him last night on FM so I've got #basedwoodward doing them for me.

I text him saying "#basedwoodward doing deals for me on FM Nastasic Jones future" and he thinks I'm talking about Marwood.

Dc has lost the plot.

DBT85

Managed to get to 2nd 5 points off City by Christmas in my first FM game in years. Waltzed through the CL group stage, got PSG in the next round. Managed to hold 1-1 with Chelsea at OT despite having Fletch sent off after 90 seconds.

Ordering from amazon now.

Ushojax

oh shit:

attachment.php

all according to keikaku
this photo is from December

Feorax

List of players we've been linked to before the transfer window even opens;

Tiago Ilori
Christian Eriksen
Kyriakos Papadopoulos
Hatem Ben Arfa
Stefan De Vrij (signed new deal)
Toby Alderweireld
Henrich Mkhitryan
Ashley Williams
Kurt Zouma
Dejan Lovren
Martin Montoya (think has recently signed a new deal, but could go on loan)
David Villa
Victor Wanyama
Kevin Strootman
Christian Tello
James McCarthy
Callum McManaman
Alex McCarthy
Loic Remy
Alex Pearce

I'm probably missing a few as well. Good to see we're keeping our options open at least.

Ushojax

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind signing Alex McCarthy from Reading? The dude's shot stopping is unbelievable. I'd have him over Friedel for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom