• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

I was quite concerned about the fly :p

And we'll be in the European Super League while you languish in the Europa League under Moyes, getting knocked out in the second round by the third best team in Azerbaijan (if they're even European)
Time to watch Eurovision to find out lol.

Wes

venison crêpe
Bored until Eurovision starts so I'm doing a First Team (p)review for next season. Feel free to do the same for your clubs.

--------------------------- Guzan / Siegrist ---------------------------

Lowton/Lichaj ---- Vlaar/Clark -- ??????/Baker -- Bennett/??????

-----------Westwood/El Ahmadi -- Delph/Sylla ----------------------

Weimann/?????? ------- ??????/Gardner ---- Agbonlahor/N'Zogbia

--------------------------- Benteke/Bowery ---------------------------

Out:
Given
Hutton
Warnock
Dunne
Bannan
Petrov (ret.)
Ireland
Makoun (Already gone for £2.6m)
Bent

In:
Starting Centre Back
Starting Attacking Midfielder
Backup Left-Back
Rotation Winger

Mastadon

Banned
Brendan GODgers said:
Another player under discussion was defender Martin Kelly, who is nearing a return to full fitness after a season ruined by unfortunate injury.

Rodgers added: "It's great for Martin, he's worked very hard. He was outstanding for me in pre-season and obviously started the season in the team.

"He was unfortunate to pick up a really bad injury. He's worked very hard in getting back; he has been outstanding in his application.

"It has been a great boost for him because that was the target - to get back training and working with the group at the end of the season and then hopefully he'll strengthen his knee up over the course of the next number of weeks and he'll be fit and raring to go in pre-season."

I love Martin Kelly.

Final thoughts on Ni No Kuni? Its pretty cheap on PSN

@Brenton, apparently Kelly hinted earlier that he and Rodgers have talked about moving him to centreback

madmackem

Bored until Eurovision starts so I'm doing a First Team (p)review for next season. Feel free to do the same for your clubs.

--------------------------- Guzan / Siegrist ---------------------------

Lowton/Lichaj ---- Vlaar/Clark -- ??????/Baker -- Bennett/??????

-----------Westwood/El Ahmadi -- Delph/Sylla ----------------------

Weimann/?????? ------- ??????/Gardner ---- Agbonlahor/N'Zogbia

--------------------------- Benteke/Bowery ---------------------------

Out:
Given
Hutton
Warnock
Dunne
Bannan
Petrov (ret.)
Ireland
Makoun (Already gone for £2.6m)
Bent

In:
Starting Centre Back
Starting Attacking Midfielder
Backup Left-Back
Rotation Winger

Where is bent going to go, nearly 30, on top wages hasnt really played for a full season, your going to take a massive massive loss on him.

GQman2121

Banned
----------------------- Cech / Blackman -----------------------

Cesar/Wallace --- Ivanovic/Cahill -- Terry/Luiz --- Cole/Bertrand

---- *Essien/Romeu/Mikel/Ake ------ Lampard/Ramires/Chalobah

Oscar/Moses ---------- Mata/Piazon -------- Hazard/De Bruyne

---------------------- Torres/Ba/Lukaku -----------------------

Out:
Malouda
Benayoun
Hilario
Marin
Kakuta
*Anyone of Essien/Romeu/Mikel could go too depending who we sign.

Courtois, Mceachran, Hutchinson and a few of the Reserves stay out or go out on loan

In:
CB (I would love to see Burma given minutes in the rotation; Luiz permanently moved to DMF; still sign someone young and experienced)
CMF/AMF (Isco/Fellaini/Dembele/Moutinho/Modric)
CF (Schurrle/Falcao/Lewandowski/Neymar)

Lightning

Banned
This time tomorrow our season will be over. I'm glad because its been a shifty season but I'm going to miss the footy!

Please finish the job against Newcastle.

Mac_Lane

It was nicely flighted, but its literally a floated 60 yard long ball straight down the middle, and it nearly resuted in a goal. Ligue 1 is dismal.

How much do you know about Ligue 1? Brest is a shit club, they're at the very bottom of the league and are already sure to go down in L2, no matter what happens tonight. Judging the level of the league based on the performance (or lack thereof) of that club is ridiculous.

How much do you know about Ligue 1? Brest is a shit club, they're at the very bottom of the league and are already sure to go down in L2, no matter what happens tonight. Judging the level of the league based on the performance (or lack thereof) of that club is ridiculous.

Fair enough. The league is still shit though :p

You could tell that was going in when he lined up for it

Wilbur

Banned

None of us including Timurid know anything about Ligue1

Sloane

Banned
Don't know, I don't really care about Santana to the shit side. He's obsessed with his dream to play for Brazil next year. He won't make it playing for us and he certainly won't make it playing for a team other than Bayern, Real or Barca. Schlacke probably offered him silly money and he should take it. I like him and he's a decent CB but maybe it's better to make room for a younger, more talented player.
I always liked Santana and I wouldn't have minded him going to Gladbach or whatever last summer because he deserved to play, but going to GE because he thinks he will have more playing time there is pretty ridiculous and I don't see him ever playing for Brazil either.

As for next season, I mostly agree with you although I'd still prefer giving players like Bittencourt a shot instead of buying someone like de Bruyne but I guess those days are gone for now.

Timurid

Don't listen to Hitcher.

Any league where a player of Giroud's quality can become top scorer can only be a shit league. Sorry.

Wes

venison crêpe
Where is bent going to go, nearly 30, on top wages hasnt really played for a full season, your going to take a massive massive loss on him.

Rather take a massive loss than put up with him being sulky for a year and not play him.

Like I've said before, I think Fulham or Stoke would go for him.

They should have sold him last year that's for sure. He's been quite disappointing, very inconsistent to say the least.

Cheers. He's well on the way to being a Rodgers signing then :p

What is wrong with people on gaming side?

Now is the perfect time to buy the WiiU, some decent games are coming out in 6 months' time

That line of thinking doesn't make sense on any level

GQman2121

Banned
Yeah, the gaming side is currently facing an all-time low. All types of stupid being posted. The number of alternate universe threads being created is just baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom