• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

I'm sorry :( but believe me your luck will change again, a couple of years ago it was us going out in almost always heartbreaking fashion. Going out in the semis is better than choking in the final anyways
I hope so :) Bayern looks like a united team, plays attractive and great football and everyone seem to get along well together. Madrid is the opposite of it in all ways :lol. Meanwhile Arsenal does not want to buy top class players so we'll always be 3rd or 4th, Wenger pls.

G-Unit

You were adamant that Guardiola would be the next United manager and that David Moyes wouldn't even be considered.

You were hopelessly wrong on both accounts.

wow wow wow, I didn't say Moyes wouldn't be considered. IIRC I just said Pep was gonna get it, and I still think he could have. The part you are right is that I didn't know shit about Moyes. That's on me.

Chrome as well. What do you mean with that last part from 'picture button then cursor...'?

The thing I have is that I'm not able to paste stuff when there's already text (
in this case). I can only paste in an empty space :p

In a text field entry if you tap in between text you'll get a cursor like button, if you tap it you'll get a paste option.

Like so

Your icons are too big.

It's a little bit exadoriated because of the screen size and resolution.

wow wow wow, I didn't say Moyes wouldn't be considered. IIRC I just said Pep was gonna get it, and I still think he could have. The part you are right is that I didn't know shit about Moyes. That's on me.

:

So let say Ferguson put that Moyes(who ever that guy is) first, then he puts Pep second. Do you really think the directive would let the chance of having guardiola as Manager pass? I don't see it. At all.

Firstly, you underestimate how much say Ferguson has within United, there basically isn't a director above him. And secondly, or more importantly your second mistake, there is no second choice.

But, as I feel I haven't illuminated the situation enough, I'll spell it out: Pep does not fit the profile of a United manager. United will want a manager who can build, and importantly rebuild teams over the course of a decade, or longer. They want a manager who's a good coach and communicator, and to Ferguson that epitomises Moyes. And they want a manager with the same ethos as Ferguson, powerful wingers, lots of crosses, physical but fair.

And I'm leaving out the reasons why Pep wouldn't want to take the job, but I'm only half way through his book so I don't have the full picture. But his book starts with a paragraph that basically spells out how during his time at Barcelona, Pep realised he's not the sort of manager that Ferguson is.

Yeah, good luck with that. Remember me when you are proved wrong.

Hope you're trolling again.

I don't follow EPL too much. So i guess he may be fergie´s second hand.

He's a Scotsman who's managed Everton admirably for the past decade.

wait wait..... WAIT

Yeah now im sure you are 100% wrong with him been the number one and only choice for fergie

Remembered you, as you told us to.

Wilbur

Banned
His full name will be fucking great

Tho I don't think it's fair to share it

Jesus I just want to know. I just have to.

Manager, if you're reading:

I will send you four lockets. I want you to pass on all but one of them. Three of them you will open to find a solitary pube. The fourth will contain three pubes and one of my teeth. You are not allowed to open the locket until you have given the first three of your choice away.

Now tell me your name.

Hixx

I wish Manager posted more to be honest, he's class.

He had me in kinks the other day, he was convinced the word "boy" was racist.

Arnie

I'm really curious though, why wouldn't Pep want the job? I'm really curious on that.

Been a while since I read his book but he talked about his admiration for Ferguson as a manager that stayed at the same club, and in the same position, for that amount of time, and he did so knowing that he wasn't that sort of manager.

Managing United after Alex Ferguson isn't a three year move. Hence both Mourinho and Pep were never really contenders. You don't replace a legend like Ferguson with a short term, continental stopgap. You look for the next Ferguson and nip it in the bud.

Lightning

Banned
Been a while since I read his book but he talked about his admiration for Ferguson as a manager that stayed at the same club, and in the same position, for that amount of time, and he did so knowing that he wasn't that sort of manager.

Managing United after Alex Ferguson isn't a three year move. Hence both Mourinho and Pep were never really contenders. You don't replace a legend like Ferguson with a short term, continental stopgap. You look for the next Ferguson and nip it in the bud.
Hmm fair enough.

Any idea who Arsenal are likely to end up with or chase once Wenger calls it a day? I'm pretty sure we will want a stable manager too.

G-Unit

I disagree on pep not been considered, but no point on arguing about it since it's done deal. :/

Wilbur

Banned
What is the general consensus of their new album?

I found it underwhelming so far.

I don't think Daft Punk are that great to be honest, at least personally. I respect and appreciate and acknowledge what they've done, but I don't really sit around listening to them.

Get Lucky's pretty catchy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom