• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Kpop gaf bro.

fistbump

igg9ieypqrufe0uu48.gif

Meier

Brentan took over Benfica in December 2020 (he was still at Liverpool for all that time). Just crushed them 6-0 in his first game against me.

Lightning

Banned
Danke. I'll remember your kindness, good sir, when I'll be ordering Jovetic's no. 10 jersey from Juve's online store. *soon.jpg*
Hahaha Wigan fans said that and we repaid them with relegation. Newcastle are next and next season Jovetic to score the winner for Arsenal in knocking Juventus out of the CL!!!

xintin

I don't get why the PL doesn't use head to head results like other leagues. Hopefully we just win and avoid the whole playoff ordeal.

Lightning

Banned
I don't get why the PL doesn't use head to head results like other leagues. Hopefully we just win and avoid the whole playoff ordeal.
It won't come to that. We'll beat Newcastle by more than 1 goal to ensure our goal difference is better. It will be alright, you can go on your tour but be back in time for your qualifers! Ha!

xintin

It won't come to that. We'll beat Newcastle by more than 1 goal to ensure our goal difference is better. It will be alright, you can go on your tour but be back in time for your qualifers! Ha!
Arsenal 1-2 Newcastle
Spurs 3-0 Sunderland

Playoffs in PL, wut?
if we draw and Arsenal win, and we end up with the same goal difference, then there will be a one game playoff to decide 3rd. Silly.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal 1-2 Newcastle
Spurs 3-0 Sunderland
I'll cry! Theo don't fail me!

Playoffs in PL, wut?
In the PL if us and Chelsea finish with the same points and goal difference with goals scored then it's a play off.

Basically scorelines like

Chelsea 0 - 0 Everton

Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle

Means there is a play off for 3rd as we would both have the same points, same goal difference and scored the same number of goals.

Zabojnik

That's ... kinda crazy, yeah. Head to head results should be the first deciding factor in any case. Goal difference is just so ... random.

EDIT: Veep is pretty great.

Sloane

Banned
Actually, I'm in favour of this too. The problem for next season: Bittencourt wants to go to Hannover and Leitner needs a solid run of matches and maybe a change, doesn't make much sense to keep either of them to me. We might give Hofman a chance, though.
Well, I guess, Bittencourt wants to go because he probably knows he wouldn't play much next season. I'm not just sure he would ever come back considering we don't seem to care for Ginczek, Koch, and Sobiech anymore either, despite their performances for the clubs we lent them to. Leitner on the other hand definitely needs some change, almost seems like he has taken a step backwards this season.

Seeing more of Hofmann would be nice but in the few BVB II matches I've been to this season, Bittencourt seemed to be the stronger player. Dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom