• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Probably not.

I don't hate Newcastle's chances, though.
Newcastle have pretty good chances, Spurs are basically guaranteed 3 points but Newcastle will be a test. I'm hoping they have one of their lol defending days but I'm not counting on it.

Our defence needs to stand firm for one more game. I think we'll score but the question is can we stop Newcastle from scoring... Probably not so well need to score more than 1 goal.

L1NETT

League one next year is like a mini-championship, best it will be in years

Us
Wolves
Coventry
Bristol City
Peteborough
Preston
Sheff United
MK Dongs
Rotherscum
Vale
Swindon

---

Also, come on Newcastle. Allez Les Magpies!

DominoKid

goalrdat9.gif

all of those idiots just casually following him instead of actually playing defense. sick goal tho

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mike Ashley has offered his Newcastle staff a £1m bonus if they beat Arsenal today.

This will inspire Steve Harper to do a reverse-Fulop and keep a clean sheet in his last match for the club.

Mastadon

Banned
Mike Ashley has offered his Newcastle staff a £1m bonus if they beat Arsenal today.

This will inspire Steve Harper to do a reverse-Fulop and keep a clean sheet in his last match for the club.

Wasn't it reported that the bonus is for non-playing staff only?

Lightning

Banned

Lol. That's wishful thinking. The fact he's offering a reward only shows the motivation was down to begin with which is not good. The same applies to Sunderland.

Newcastle won't keep a clean sheet. It will be down to whether they can score 1 or 2 goals against us.

DominoKid

Have you guys heard the new Yeezy songs on SNL last night?

I said holy shit. Angry Kanye is awesome.

Black Skinhead as a lead-off was brilliant. That shit was vivid, abrasive and furious...and then there's the moments where he just lets it breathe. As much rap as I listen to, it's been a while since I've felt so energized after hearing a song.

Feorax

Starting to look more and more like this will be Reina's last game for us.

Will be hard to take. I'm sure we could find a suitable replacement in the likes of Begovic or Ter Stegen, but losing Carra and Pepe will be a big miss in the dressing room.

Can't blame Pepe at all though. The chace to go back to Barca and prove it was a mistake to sell him, as well as possibly the opportunity to cement himself as the SNT number 1 keeper (given that Valdes is moving on and Casillas isn't getting any playing time right now).

Anderson

Last day of PL, so depressing :( off to league one play off final then be biting my nails at the nearest pub showing Newcastle v Arsenal

Newcastle please thank us for keeping you up by bending over today

WJD

All I've ever known in football is coming to an end today. It's depressing and exciting, but mostly depressing.

Lightning

Banned
No PL football for 3 months just absolutely blows!

Our squad needs rebuilding though so I'm glad for that but I would prefer the rebuilding done fast and back into the footy!

Black Skinhead as a lead-off was brilliant. That shit was vivid, abrasive and furious...and then there's the moments where he just lets it breathe. As much rap as I listen to, it's been a while since I've felt so energized after hearing a song.

Black Skinhead sounds like a Gary Glitter song to me.

Bumhead

Banned
League one next year is like a mini-championship, best it will be in years

Us
Wolves
Coventry
Bristol City
Peteborough
Preston
Sheff United
MK Dongs
Rotherscum
Vale
Swindon

Yep. League One is a difficult league to get out of at the best of times but it's going to be one hell of a tight division next season. I fancy all four of the sides promoted from League Two to do well which complicates matters for some of the "established" League One sides.

I really don't rate United's chances of getting promoted out of that league next season, which of course I'm fucking delighted about. Let the lols continue for another year.

Lightning

Banned
I'm really not keen on Wilshere playing against Newcastle on painkillers. Cabaye and Tiote love to kick people and I'd hate for Jack to get a kick in that ankle of his when needing an operation on it next week.

Third place race in the Serie A :D

Which I won't see as I'll be playing 5 a side.
Siena to cause an upset and Fiorentina to steal it!

dc89

Interesting article in banned paper regarding city's sponsorships. They suggest City are looking at replacing Etihad as a shirt sponsor to boost commercial income. Etihad would remain stadium sponsor, we're currently 3 years into a 10 year deal.

They say that City have registered a new company with Companies House, City Sports Marketing Limited and we're set to move to a new premersis in London as we grow the marketing team in London this summer by another 20 staff.

Apparently we had an American company lined up to takeover as shirt sponsor this summer for a deal worth £25m a season. But it fell through when Mancini was sacked.

Arnie

People will like anything Kanye related.

Sad to see Carragher retire today. Hyypia was heart wrenching, this should be worse.

we're set to move to a new premersis in London as we grow the marketing team in London this summer by another 20 staff.
Oh really?

Wilbur

Banned

Sad to see Carragher retire today. Hyypia was heart wrenching, this should be worse.

Not too find of New Slaves, suffers from lack of actual music and seems like it's trying to hard to say something. Black Skinhead is a fucking tune tho

Arnie

Black Skinhead is a fucking tune tho

Maybe it was the laptop speakers, or the fact that it was recorded off a screen, but I found it to be standard Kanye wank. The ratio of songs of his that I like, to those that I don't, is probably about 10/90. I just think he shouts a lot and gets away with it.

Lightning

Banned
Their rivalry suggests otherwise :D

Also, Siena is already relegated, it'd be pretty great if they decide to lose at home just to upset Fiorentina. This already happened in the past.
KuGsj.gif
That would be pretty funny. A parting shot. I don't want Fiorentina in the CL anyway, it will only make getting Jovetic out of there even harder.

Feorax

Couple of interesting rumours;

1. Jordan Ibe will make his debut today. Worked hard this season, talented lad. Will be fun to watch him rip QPR a new one.

2. West Ham expect to sign 2 players this week. You would have to think that one of them will almost certainly be Andy Carroll.

dc89

Oh really?

Rly.

--

Nintendo 3DS letterbox AKA Swapnotes will never be the same when Wilbury gets on it.

I've just read all your letters and drawings!
Epic David Villa drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom