• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit disappointing it's come down to this again, but to be honest you have to give them credit for the number of points they've picked up in the last part of the season. Even with all the dodgy Arteta pens, offside goals, etc... it's still impressive

771194304.jpg

But if we win today then we'll have picked more points than last season. We may not finish as high up, but we can't exactly spend £100 million to make sure we achieve that. I'm not at all confident Newcastle will take any points off Arsenal. IIRC they don't tend to drop points on the last day of the season. The important thing is that we win. If we don't do that then nothing else matters anyway.

Maybe it was the laptop speakers, or the fact that it was recorded off a screen, but I found it to be standard Kanye wank. The ratio of songs of his that I like, to those that I don't, is probably about 10/90. I just think he shouts a lot and gets away with it.

It's a very energetic song and sounds good enough to play in the car.

bjaelke

It's a bit disappointing it's come down to this again, but to be honest you have to give them credit for the number of points they've picked up in the last part of the season. Even with all the dodgy Arteta pens, offside goals, etc... it's still impressive

771194304.jpg

But if we win today then we'll have picked more points than last season. We may not finish as high up, but we can't exactly spend £100 million to make sure we achieve that. I'm not at all confident Newcastle will take any points off Arsenal. IIRC they don't tend to drop points on the last day of the season. The important thing is that we win. If we don't do that then nothing else matters anyway.

Further proof that Swansea's season ended back in February.

3Sixty

League one next year is like a mini-championship, best it will be in years

Us
Wolves
Coventry
Bristol City
Peteborough
Preston
Sheff United
MK Dongs
Rotherscum
Vale
Swindon

---

Also, come on Newcastle. Allez Les Magpies!

Grats on the promotion mate. Thought of you when I saw the score yesterday. I know dem feels.

Clegg

Fellini in a pre-match interview for today's game

"If I'm leaving Everton I only want to go to a club where the manager really wants me. In 2008, Everton did everything to convince me, especially David Moyes. He made me the player I am now."

Zabojnik

Third place race in the Serie A :D

Which I won't see as I'll be playing 5 a side.

The third playce race was over the second Fiorentina bottled it against Roma. It's just a formality at this point. Can't say I'm unhappy with Milan having to start the season early though. :)

Wilbur

Banned
Fellini in a pre-match interview for today's game

"If I'm leaving Everton I only want to go to a club where the manager really wants me. In 2008, Everton did everything to convince me, especially David Moyes. He made me the player I am now."

Saw on Twitter this was before Fergie even announced his retirement.

Arnie

I've said it before but Fellaini is perfect for United.

Absolute shithouse. Shirt pulls, kicks, elbows. Fucking made for that badge.

Zabojnik

Holy shit at the rumor about Monaco going after Vucinic. They're willing to play ... 30M€. Ahahahaha. It's bullshit, it must be, but if Darth Ranieri is staying, everything is possible.

darth-ranieri.png

I don't mind Fellaini, but he must not play as the attacking midfielder. I was worried that it would happen, but he has stated he wants to return back to being a DM.

Lightning

Banned
Newcastle are capable of anything as they are such an inconsistent mob. They are ravaged with injuries though, have not had the time due to injuries to gel, and we have everything to play for. It can really go either way I was resigned to the Europa league once we lost to Spurs but to be in the position we are in now we need to finish it.

If Arsenal cannot beat a Newcastle team that is missing half it's starting 11 in a must win game then you cannot say we deserve CL football.

Bumhead

Banned
Nintendo 3DS letterbox AKA Swapnotes will never be the same when Wilbury gets on it.

I've just read all your letters and drawings!
Epic David Villa drawing.

Oh? FootyGAF Letterbox action?

Can I get in on this? I didn't know there were many of us with a 3DS in here.

Have you jumped in yet Wilbz?

The third playce race was over the second Fiorentina bottled it against Roma. It's just a formality at this point. Can't say I'm unhappy with Milan having to start the season early though. :)

It's never a formality with us, Istanbul left a pretty big scar on me.

At least we don't start too early, ending up in the Europa League would fuck up our next season right from the beginning.

spidye

Fellini has a buy out clause of £23m.

Are the better midfielders out there for that kind of transfer fee?

I was always under the impression that fellaini was one of the best midfielders in the league
what happened? is he not good anymore?

Arnie

Wait really? Has it only just come to effect for this window? Otherwise it would be insane that no other bigger clubs has stolen him yet.

Been around for a while now.

He's there for the taking.

Everton looking to appoint from within. Echo saying that Weir, Neville, Stubbs, and Ferguson were all interview for the position last week.

I was always under the impression that fellaini was one of the best midfielders in the league

He's still a very good midfielder, you will get lots of people hating on him cause he's not just dirty but a downright cunt too though, to the point of stupidity sometimes where he ends up getting suspended for completely unnecessary things.

Maybe it really does matter that he is an asshole.

Has that ever stopped Chelsea? Needed a CM for a while now.

Arsenal too could really use a CM with some actual balls, Fellaini might be an asshole, but they truly need someone that doesn't pussy out all the time.

Clegg

I think he's a pretty good midfielder. But £23m is still a lot of money. You'd be silly to not assess every other available option.

Fellaini has played a lot of football as an attacking midfielder this season but he's already said that he believes his best position is as a holding midfielder. That's where he'd play if he signed for United.

Now for the hourly Mourinho coming back update, is Marca ever right about anything?

Mourinho will be the Chelsea manager next season. The Portuguese tactician will bring his adventure at Real Madrid to a close on 30th June and return to England to begin his second stint in charge of the Blues.

The Portuguese manager has already told his innermost circle that the agreement with Chelsea is a done deal. All that was needed to complete his departure from Real Madrid was a new destination, given that his exit from 'Los Blancos' was already decided at the end of last year.

On 3rd December, MARCA led with the cover story: "Divorce on the horizon". It reported that relations between Florentino Pérez and Mourinho had come to a head, and that the Portuguese manager's reign was at an end.

There have been six months of rumours about Mourinho's next port of call. Manchester City, United, PSG, Inter and Chelsea are the teams which have been talked about the most. It turns out that Abramovich and Mou are willing to give each other another go.

One of Chelsea's captains, Frank Lampard, has already spoken about the future which awaits him with Mourinho. Mou has also been hinting at it in recent weeks, without a great degree of subtlety at times. In his inner circle, people have joked about the legacy which Chelsea's current boss Rafa Benítez leaves behind for him, comparing it to the one which the Portuguese left the Spaniard at Inter when he took charge of the Italian side.

With Inter, Benítez contested the European Super Cup (which he lost), the Italian Super Cup (which he won) and the Club World Cup (which he also won). Mou will contest the European Super Cup thanks to Rafa.

http://www.marca.com/2013/05/19/en/football/real_madrid/1368945895.html

WJD

I think he's a pretty good midfielder. But £23m is still a lot of money. You'd be silly to not assess every other available option.

Fellaini has played a lot of football as an attacking midfielder this season but he's already said that he believes his best position is as a holding midfielder. That's where he'd play if he signed for United.

I'm still a massive advocate of this transfer. Him next to Carrick with Kagawa ahead of them would be a very nicely balanced midfield.

Feorax

David Luiz is awesome

He would actually be my ideal signing this summer. He could fill a couple of urgent gaps in our squad, whilst still fitting in with FSG's player profile.

He'd also be a welcome addition to our Brazilian contingent, being Lucas' mate. Plus, you know, he's a bit mad.

Would never happen in a million years, but would make so much sense.

Salazar

Insider ‏@712insider 1m
Reports'; Understood Spurs Might not be able to keep hold of Bale if Spurs don't make it to top four today '; United Watching Bale Closely

0q2e67W.gif

lol, that account is on fire today

spidye

thankfully hummels' injury is not as severe as first thought and he'll be fit for the final

it just wouldn't be the same without him in the final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom