• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbf I've never really understood why people say it because you spend most of your time in mumble, but that comment was ridiculous

Fuck off manager who's won us silverware, beaten top teams, and got us Champions League football.

He has done an acceptable job. We should have won the Club World Cup and the Capital One Cup. I thank him for what he has done but there is no way I want him to be our permanent manager. Mourinho was the person who gave us our first league titles so of course I want him back!

Hindle

Banned
I actually think Spurs are the most stable and strongest team going into the next PL. A few more players and they'll be up there.

Wes

venison crêpe
iZOZnoMkNJIg7.gif

qindarka

Banned
:lol Chelsea fans

Finish third, win the Europa League, shit team of zero worth.

Glory supporters suckling at Mourinho's nipple because that's all they know.

You are far more blinded by your worship of Benitez than any Chelsea fan in this thread for Mourinho. You constantly absolve him of all his mistakes and give him far too much credit for everything. Don't try to take the moral high ground here, you are even more biased and vindictive than the rest of us.

Don't try to pretend that the Europa was an extraordinary achievement. Only the final win over Benfica was noteworthy (even then we were outplayed for long periods). Road to the final was very straightforward.

nemesun

Ah well. We deserved to win today.

Fair play to Arsenal for their run since they lost to us, but we had no luck at all this year. If only we had a player as handy as Arteta (pen).
Fair play to you mate. Although I'm loving every bit of this, I feel a tad bit sorry for you lot. Best of luck next season.

Hitcher pls.

Troof hertz

He won a trophy with you and finished third, after a huge number of games and with a pretty shallow squad, and two misfiring strikers. But because he criticised your fans in the past and failed to compete with an astoundingly consistent Man Utd, he deserves to be told to fuck off?

What did he have to do to earn a bit of respect?

Assuming we're out of it again next season, come on Arsenal and Spurs.

You are far more blinded by your worship of Benitez than any Chelsea fan in this thread for Mourinho. You constantly absolve him of all his mistakes and give him far too much credit for everything. Don't try to take the moral high ground here, you are even more biased and vindictive than the rest of us.
Have to say, Arnie is one of my favorite posters. But I have to agree here. He's been spouting some nonsense recently.

qindarka

Banned
Troof hertz

He won a trophy with you and finished third, after a huge number of games and with a pretty shallow squad, and two misfiring strikers. But because he criticised your fans in the past and failed to compete with an astoundingly consistent Man Utd, he deserves to be told to fuck off?

What did he have to do to earn a bit of respect?

Assuming we're out of it again next season, come on Arsenal and Spurs.

It's not about his failure to catch United, of course no one expected that. It's just the constant poor league performances, the appalling substitutions that destroy all our momentum, with so many points lost from winning positions as a reflection of that. Shallow squad or not, we should have wrapped up CL football earlier.

Have to say, Arnie is one of my favorite posters. But I have to agree here. He's been spouting some nonsense recently.

The hypocrisy is really something. They critisize us for 'worshipping' Mourinho while their admiration for Rafa is to the level which I cannot comprehend. I didn't see any of us apologising for Mourinho's performance at Madrid, but any criticism of Rafa is met with stupid generalizations and other nonsense.

Arnie

ahahahahahaha

You despise a man who's done all this for your club because he made a single comment some five years ago and you're calling people vindictive.

Are you an actor? A doicare-style alt, maybe?

Sane_Man

It's not about his failure to catch United, of course no one expected that. It's just the constant poor league performances, the appalling substitutions that destroy all our momentum, with so many points lost from winning positions as a reflection of that. Shallow squad or not, we should have wrapped up CL football earlier.

Absolute bollocks. He's done wonders with the mess of a squad he took over.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah, that was where we wobbled but we lost just one game from then to the end of the season. Arsenal just had an amazing run, I tip my hat to you.
I mean no disrespect but from that Liverpool wobble you lost to Inter, lost at home to Fulham, went out to Basel in the Europa, and in the meantime we went ahead of you in the league. Bad draw with Wigan and from that we got the belief and a bit of luck.

The majority of our luck was at the start of the season against QPR, West Brom, Wigan where we received favourable decisions. During this run its been pretty fair.

Sane_Man

I love how the media is trying to sign Bale for United. They're such a bunch off ass-kissing, slimy bastards. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire British media clubbed together to buy Bale and Ronaldo for them.

ahahahahahaha

You despise a man who's done all this for your club because he made a single comment some five years ago and you're calling people vindictive.

What? When did Qin say he despised him? :lol

He even said yesterday that he doesn't care what Benitez said about Chelsea in the past as a manager of other teams.

near

Gold Member
I don't think Bale will leave. Levy will not sell cheap, and if a stupid club wants to pay £70m for him, by all means sell him. He's only been worth £70m for half a season, before this he use to give me headaches. I love him, but if the price is right, it isn't the end of the world. We still have an ambitious chairman and squad.

Salvadora

I mean no disrespect but from that Liverpool wobble you lost to Inter, lost at home to Fulham, went out to Basel in the Europa, and in the meantime we went ahead of you in the league. Bad draw with Wigan and from that we got the belief and a bit of luck.

The majority of our luck was at the start of the season against QPR, West Brom, Wigan where we received favourable decisions. During this run its been pretty fair.

Someone said that dropping Vermaelen was the turning point of our season. I would agree.

How many games did you end up going to this year Kyle? I remember you saying you don't come to see them very often!
None. I'm a broke student and the trip over is far too expensive. Plus, if I am to go I would be going with my brother, who couldn't this year and wont be able to make it for some time due to family commitments.

Unless you're planning on staying for an extra day, the trip from NI really is painful.

qindarka

Banned
ahahahahahaha

I don't despise him and I've admitted in a previous post that I don't care about what he said before. The worst I have ever said about him was that he had done an appalling job at a time when we were at risk of losing out on CL. I would be softer on him today and say his performance has been barely acceptable.

But no, make stuff up about me and by compare me to the worst troll in the thread. You really are a joke. All your posts are made in a manner of one who thinks he is a lot smarter than he actually is.

Absolute bollocks. He's done wonders with the mess of a squad he took over.

We were 4 points off United when he took over and comfortably in a CL spot. Now, I didn't expect us to sustain a title challenge but we really made a hash of CL qualification even if we got it in the end.

Clegg

Such a strange United game. We looked good in attack but were particularly awful in defence. Coinceded with playing Giggs and Scholes in the same midfield. It just doesn't work any longer.

Nothing was riding on this game but I'm still a bit disappointed with the performance. Need proper improvements in midfield this summer.

And thank you to Fergie and Scholes for all for years of wonderful service.

;_;

Especially the Fulham result.

Yeah, but you lose games. It happens. Unfortunately for us Arsenal didn't lose any. We didn't bottle it this year (well, obviously Kyle Walker did again Liverpool) we just didn't match their ridiculous run. No one did.

FWIW I think Bale will stay.

I don't think Bale will leave. Levy will not sell cheap, and if a stupid club wants to pay £70m for him, by all means sell him. He's only been worth £70m for half a season, before this he use to give me headaches. I love him, but if the price is right, it isn't the end of the world. We still have an ambitious chairman and squad.

Put £5m on top, and you can have Coutinho

Sane_Man

It doesn't matter how much you get for him. You'd never be able to replace him. You are by far the most one-sided team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom