• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Why aren't you cunts talking about new Kanye West song?

Heh.
Coutinho should be in Brazil's team for the cup. Silly Felipao.

phaze

Just wanted to say good job to Arsenal for getting fourth. Also would have preferred Fergie to get a win his last game, but he just had to set another record. Typical Fergie... Will really miss him...

Yeah that was the plan. The Tottenham fans said some pretty mean things about Bayern after the last years final.

Congrats ArsenalGAF, you guys deserve it. The CL wouldnt be the same without you.

Thanks ! : )

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny: "We celebrated a bit like we had won the Championship which was a bit weird considering the ambition at the start of the season. We were confident, we have not conceded a lot of goals and when we got the goal we were confident of getting the result."

:lol

near

Gold Member
The transfer window is our time to shine

ISCO! BALE! VAN PERSIE! GOTZE! LEWANDOWSKI! ILORI! FALCAO! CAVANI!

Buy them all. Just need the missing piece and we'll be reet for a title challenge.

Redknapp got sacked for finishing fourth, Kenny got sacked for winning a cup. Bye-bye AVB and Rodgers

Redknapp got sacked for being a twat. I guess AVB would be getting the sack if he had a poor season, but he had a very good season, finishing on record points 72 for the club. We have been unfortunate not to get fourth this year.

Mastadon

Banned
I'm looking forward to Sandro coming back and finally getting a striker too.

If Sandro had stayed fit I think you would have got 4th pretty comfortably. He's such a good player.

Once Lucas has had a good preseason under his belt, hopefully he'll be right at the top of his game again. He's steadily improved since coming back.

Fergie

Banned
Can't believe I missed fucking super Sunday. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Can't wait for MOTD.

5-5 is an amazing score but our fucking defence. Moyes needs to go in. Wanted Fergie's last game to be a goal bonanza win.

Arnie

So you have nothing to say and are pretending to be amused, as if this makes you look cool and smart.

Smarter than getting into your immature pissing contest over a subject that's been discussed to death, and that we share polar opposite opinions on. I'll always think you've treated Rafa terribly, you'll always believe you haven't.

I'm bored of the discussion, you can have your Mourinho back, spend £100 million, and move up the league a place.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm looking forward to Sandro coming back and finally getting a striker too.

We have a very good team, a couple of top players combined with the team's new mental strength and we will be well placed to challenge again next season. Kaboul and Sandro will be back, Bale will still be here, we have a lot if excellent young players to call in and I'm positive.

We aren't going to win the CL, being in it is about attracting players really. Now we have to hope that wages + Bale are enough to attract players.

Zabojnik

Levy will get at least another season out of Bale and he won't sell to a PL club.

GTIYH

Let it go, man. It's over. He's a goner. Just like Lewandowski, Hummels, Reus and Gundogan.

Ancelotti confirmed to be leaving PSG.

Lightning, Jovetic to bring us CL glory! Get bent Juve!

Yep. I'm gearing up for Juve trolling!!!!

PARMA IN B, ALE ALE, PARMA IN B ALE ALEEEE!!! Whatever, now that Carletto is leaving, we're getting Verratti. Fuck Jovetić.
Verrattrayer to Madrid confirmed. :/

qindarka

Banned
Smarter than getting into your immature pissing contest over a subject that's been discussed to death, and that we share polar opposite opinions on. I'll always think you've treated Rafa terribly, you'll always believe you haven't.

You were the one who jumped on the comment by Quiche and made a personal attack on him to provoke this entire stupid business. Again you are taking the moral high ground here when you have no foot to stand on.

And yes, I am sick of this discussion as well. I don't have to take your crap when you bring this shit up all the time, though.

Do you know how many times I've mentioned Rafa without someone in this thread bringing the topic up first? Less than 3. (I am pretty sure it's 0 but I can't be 100% sure.)

Edit: Actually, I think it's 1. I did link to that article about him just yesterday.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Levy:

Looking ahead to the summer, we shall continue to seek to strengthen and improve the team and to retain key players. We also look forward to the return of Sandro and Younes who were missed this season but who are well on the road to full fitness.

Definitely not. Lewandowski isn't worth that much more than 20m with his contract status and Chelsea won't part with Lukaku for anything less than 30.

I really don't think Chelsea are going to sell Lukaku, sorry... and no way with 20 mil and Lukaku for Lewandowski lol lol

But do you think Lukaku will want to end up third/fourth in line at Chelsea?
(for just one CF spot, since Mou will surely keep playing with one classic CF)
He might just force his way out.

I wonder if they would be willing to give up Lukaku (+20m) for Lewa...

Yeah, that's too much. But KDB+Lukaku for Lewandowski + some 20m would be awesome. Though there right about zero rumors about Lukaku and Dortmund, so I think they really want/feel like they can keep in the cellar or send him on loan once more.

But do you think Lukaku will want to end up third/fourth in line at Chelsea?

No I don't. But I'm also pretty sure that he will either get loaned out or that Chelsea manages to get rid of Torres, who may not be as useless as he was before, but still is on crazy wages and fucks up quite a lot.

If Torres sold Torres it could be Ba or Lukaku and with Schurrle acting as a cover for the striker position.

fuenf

Yeah, that's too much. But KDB+Lukaku for Lewandowski + some 20m would be awesome. Though there right about zero rumors about Lukaku and Dortmund, so I think they really want/feel like they can keep in the cellar or send him on loan once more.

Yeah it's too much, but I cant shake the feeling that Roman would offer the world to you if Lewa plays a great game in the final :(

Aren't Spurs building a new stadium soon? People like to dismiss it but the fact is it's a massive hit to your finances. We've been making small profits each year after selling a top player (& collecting UCL cheques), and the one year we didn't, we took a loss.

Spurs don't have the luxury of paying their squad players a shit-tonne like we do (to hang onto them) or consistent Champions League money.

I mean, we'll see what happens, but you shouldn't expect much improvement once the club makes a half a billion investment. Especially with a frugal chairman like Levy.

Lightning

Banned
No I don't. But I'm also pretty sure that he will either get loaned out or that Chelsea manages to get rid of Torres, who may not be as useless as he was before, but still is on crazy wages and fucks up quite a lot.

If Torres sold Torres it could be Ba or Lukaku and with Schurrle acting as a cover for the striker position.
I would put money on Rooney being a Chelsea player next season.

Arnie

You were the one who jumped on the comment by Quiche and made a personal attack on him to provoke this entire stupid business. Again you are taking the moral high ground here when you have no foot to stand on.

And yes, I am sick of this discussion as well. I don't have to take your crap when you bring this shit up all the time, though.

I jumped on Quiche for telling Rafa to 'fuck off', and I didn't make a personal attack, I called him a 'shit'. Perhaps the least offensive, unspecific verbal assault you can make. Everyone jumps on Quiche in here, it's part of the fabric of the thread.

You don't have to take my crap, but you've clearly been analysing my posts to the point where you've got a handle of my IQ, judging from your personal attack. Here's what we'll do:

You put me on ignore and you'll never have to suffer one of my 'thinks he is a lot smarter than he actually is' posts ever again, and I'll put you on ignore and see if this thread remains coherent without you.

Lightning

Banned
Tevez didn't belong to us. He was here on loan.
You're right. Oops

I just can't fathom Arsenal.

You've done very well to qualify for the Champions League but that should infuriate you.
It does but after the Spurs game Europa looked to be the best we could hope for. Even after the Spurs game when I was hoping Liverpool beat Spurs I was told I should be more worried about Liverpool catching Arsenal. And we managed to still make the CL, is that not something to be happy about in a grim, shit season that even Wenger has acknowledged is not good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom