• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs must be kicking themselves over the Everton and Fulham results.

Nah, first two home games were draws to Albion and Norwich where we were winning with 10 minutes to go. We've improved a lot over the season but our squad simply wasnt ready to start the season.

Unless he starts using his brain a lot more, then you're welcome to him. :p

Walker is one of our best defenders and a great talent. He needs to improve some areas but you can't play almost every game for the 4th best team if you're shit.

near

Gold Member
It doesn't matter how much you get for him. You'd never be able to replace him. You are by far the most one-sided team in the league.

Just because he stands out from the bunch does not make us a one-sided team. I've seen plenty of games where Bale has been silent for good periods.

Blackhead

Redarse
Damn Wigan went down, Arse got CL. Not the end to the season I wanted. Dortmund will probably be trashed in the CL final at this rate

I love how the media is trying to sign Bale for United. They're such a bunch off ass-kissing, slimy bastards. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire British media clubbed together to buy Bale and Ronaldo for them.

I don't want Bale to leave Spurs but I'd rather see him at United (or Chelsea or Man City) than he leave the league. FFS Spurs don't sell him to Madrid
trade for Robben please

Wes

venison crêpe
Harry Redknapp post-match press conference interesting. "one player this month has paid more in late fines than he earns. And he earns well"

None. I'm a broke student and the trip over is far too expensive. Plus, if I am to go I would be going with my brother, who couldn't this year and wont be able to make it for some time due to family commitments.

Unless you're planning on staying for an extra day, the trip from NI really is painful.

That sucks! You need to see some games when Jose comes home :lol

It's the general sense you get from many Chelsea fans on here. You, Quiche, and him. Kyle's less vociferous.

Some nice banners from Chelsea fans thanking him, though. Glad to see the support where it counts.

I also don't hate him, I just don't think he has done as well as some people have done. We could have won at least another trophy I feel. I was upset when RDM was sacked and didn't want Rafa as a interim. He has done an acceptable job and I thank him for what he has done but now I want him gone.

Soi-Fong

Just wanted to say good job to Arsenal for getting fourth. Also would have preferred Fergie to get a win his last game, but he just had to set another record. Typical Fergie... Will really miss him...

Arnie

This is what happens when koptimism is faced with pessimism, Arnie goes full on RAWK.

Bi9fpjo.gif

Eh?
All your posts are made in a manner of one who thinks he is a lot smarter than he actually is.

Stop it, you're making me giggle.

Lightning

Banned
Nah, first two home games were draws to Albion and Norwich where we were winning with 10 minutes to go. We've improved a lot over the season but our squad simply wasnt ready to start the season.

Walker is one of our best defenders and a great talent. He needs to improve some areas but you can't play almost every game for the 4th best team if you're shit.
4th best team?

madmackem

Surely the highlight of the season.

8657587942_ac8d3af6a1_o.gif

We were down to the bones today, our whole outfield bench had one appearance in the first team between them. Massive summer ahead.

fuenf

I blame Bayern. Losing at home to a team with Fabianski, Giroud and Koscielny? It gave Arsenal belief and they started grinding out results.

fuck Bayern

always fuck Bayern

Yeah that was the plan. The Tottenham fans said some pretty mean things about Bayern after the last years final.

Congrats ArsenalGAF, you guys deserve it. The CL wouldnt be the same without you.

It's the end of the season. We have to endure this until the season starts and Liverpool FC bring their supporters back down to Earth.

The transfer window is our time to shine

ISCO! BALE! VAN PERSIE! GOTZE! LEWANDOWSKI! ILORI! FALCAO! CAVANI!

Buy them all. Just need the missing piece and we'll be reet for a title challenge.

Redknapp got sacked for finishing fourth, Kenny got sacked for winning a cup. Bye-bye AVB and Rodgers

Suen

Just wanted to say good job to Arsenal for getting fourth. Also would have preferred Fergie to get a win his last game, but he just had to set another record. Typical Fergie... Will really miss him...
Thanks! Sad to see Fergie go for the whole football world. United will be an interesting side next season.

Clegg

Valencia had his best game of the season too. Still didn't think he was anything special either.

Huge challenge for next season. We need to strengthen midfield to successfully defend our title.

Congrats to Arsenal on Champions League qualification.

Chelsea would really have a strong squad next year if they added KDB (he's been ace for Bremen), Lukaku and a proper DM.
But instead they'll buy an expensive striker (pls buy Lewandowski, not Rumbo) and overrated Schürrle + some more big names. They'll probably still challenge for the EPL with Mou on board, but it could be cheaper and easier for them.

/dibs on KDB

fuenf

Chelsea would really have a strong squad next year if they added KDB (he's been ace for Bremen), Lukaku and a proper DM.
But instead they'll buy an expensive striker (pls buy Lewandowski, not Rumbo) and overrated Schürrle + some more big names. They'll probably still challenge for the EPL with Mou on board, but it could be cheaper and easier for them.

/dibs on KDB

I wonder if they would be willing to give up Lukaku (+20m) for Lewa...

It's the general sense you get from many Chelsea fans on here. You, Quiche, and him. Kyle's less vociferous.

Some nice banners from Chelsea fans thanking him, though. Glad to see the support where it counts.
Why thank you lol.

I'll say what I said before, I had no issue with Rafa coming in. I eventually got fed up with him, can't say exactly when because it's been a long season with so many games. It's hard to remember. In the end, I'd have to say he done alright. We finished third and lifted a European trophy -- even if it is the rubbish one that nobody really wants. So thanks Rafa. Also, I never agreed with the constant booing and heckling he received. Just seems counter productive.

That said, I think some of the praise he's been getting has been over the top. There's plenty that he didn't do well. I'm not going to get in to the pros and cons of Rafa right now, but I think anybody offering an objective analysis of his time here will know all about it . For me, my enthusiasm for him as he leaves is much the same as when he came in. I'm certainly not looking to keep him. But in my opinion he's earned a warm-hearted goodbye and his place in our history shouldn't be looked back on with the negativity that no doubt it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom