• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

That GoT exhibition was great, I'm a king now!

MaPLTzO.jpg

Bale is Welsh thus by default has no ambition.

He will stay at Spurs if he just merely wants to play in the Champion's League, and suffer the yearly grind of just trying to qualify for it he will stick around. If he wants the chance to win it and win league titles he will leave.

Seriously though there's no benefit at all for him to stick around, Spurs are not suddenly going to become Man Utd, City or Chelsea.

Odd request, but who was the guy with the Hernandez avatar with 'DAT GOL' and the shades shooped onto it? Any chance i can have a copy/url of it?

rodvik

So before the Wigan game they had reduced the amount of tickets available for the away fans. Mainly because the police were worried about trouble for the final day if relegation was at stake.

Naturally Villa fans found a way to take over various sections of the home seats with predictable results.

It starts off with the mild "We are Aston Villa we sit where we want".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hYCZHRIgYkQ

Then gets a little out of hand...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o46uJ6EKecQ

lulz.

Wish i could have been there!

Quoting myself for new page, bad form I know, but I am pissing myself laughing here.

Nor these. Are they just a ROI thing?
Yes, and in fact I think they're mainly a Dublin crisp.

They taste like God's own potatoes mashed into a pulp, spat on, scraped into thin slivers along the armpit of a street urchin, and then fried in Liffey-water and earwax.

They're amazing.

MPW

He will stay at Spurs if he just merely wants to play in the Champion's League, and suffer the yearly grind of just trying to qualify for it he will stick around. If he wants the chance to win it and win league titles he will leave.

Seriously though there's no benefit at all for him to stick around, Spurs are not suddenly going to become Man Utd, City or Chelsea.

woah dude!

pappe

He is just 22 he an still afford to stay 1 more yr at spurs and help them Nd then. I've on to bigger clubs.

kharma45

Tickets? It's free over here. Had to wait almost two hours to get in though. GoT is so popular :p

It's free for us too but you had to get tickets for it and you have a designated timeslot, I presume to not have to queue like you did and keep the crowds at a manageable level.

Today is as good a day as ever to say Jamie Carragher is a humongous cunt, this is one of the most laughable exerts from an autobiography ever:

'When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.'

i wish I was a millionaire faux hardman cunt though to be fair

Linius

It's free for us too but you had to get tickets for it and you have a designated timeslot, I presume to not have to queue like you did and keep the crowds at a manageable level.

Ah that's better. Should have done that here too. Maybe they underestimated the popularity because HBO is fairly new over here.

dc89

Thinking of selling my iPad with retina display and getting a mini iPad.

My iPad is currently 32GB with cellular. Hmmm. Decisions.

kharma45

Today is as good a day as ever to say Jamie Carragher is a humongous cunt, this is one of the most laughable exerts from an autobiography ever:

'When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.'

Fuck Carragher.

Thinking of selling my iPad with retina display and getting a mini iPad.

My iPad is currently 32GB with cellular. Hmmm. Decisions.

Wait for the Mini refresh.

Ah that's better. Should have done that here too. Maybe they underestimated the popularity because HBO is fairly new over here.

I'm expecting it to be fairly popular here. All 'sold' out and it is filmed here too.

DominoKid

wannabe thuggery. smh.

rodvik

looooooooooool thanks rodvik.

Shame the pause after the flare was thrown on completely ruined the early rhythm we had.

I know. It just love the madness though. Cant wait for next season. Strange club when your attendances actually go up the closer you get to relegation!

Classic. Boy's a twat.

He is just 22 he an still afford to stay 1 more yr at spurs and help them Nd then. I've on to bigger clubs.

Missing out on the Champion's League the last two seasons the way they have won't have done much for him. That shit is draining, especially after enjoying a taste a few seasons before.

I could be tempted too. It's a really nice size, price isn't too bad and Apple still by far and away offers the best tablet experience.
I was looking at them yesterday. Really fancy the mini or Nexus 7. Was hoping there would be Nexus news at I/O. So I'll hold off to see what Apples new offering looks like.

kharma45

I was looking at them yesterday. Really fancy the mini or Nexus 7. Was hoping there would be Nexus news at I/O. So I'll hold off to see what Apples new offering looks like.

Nexus 7 is priced really well but the tablet apps for Android don't compare to that of iOS. I'm surprised there wasn't anything on the N7 at I/O, it'll be a year old soon and due a refresh.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Back from Madrid.
3AQmK.gif

Received many high fives wearing my Juve shirt.
pretty sure it's because we bottled the final

Higuain and Benzema were both fucking shocking IRL. Lazy fucks with terrible movement.

kharma45

I think he had a howler against Reading too.

Looks less comfortable under the high ball than De Gea.

It's no excuse when you're at Manchester United but if you don't play that often you're bound to be rusty.

I think we will let him go in the summer and go in for a good backup keeper or promote Amos.

If a decent offer comes in I imagine he would. Wouldn't mind seeing Amos being promoted, no need to sign another keeper.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Bale is 23. He still has a lot of developing to do, at pressure clubs like Madrid you don't get the chance to do that properly. There is no interest from the player in forcing a move and even there were Levy wouldn't consider it. As good as Bale has been for the last few years, it's under AVB that he has become a 20 goal a season player and entered the £70m bracket. I don't see why he wouldn't play for Spurs next season. At the end of the 2014 season he will be 25, that's probably when he needs to make the decision. He has a young daughter and I doubt he will want to leave England right now.

He can afford to give the club that made him at least one more season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom