• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you even want me to say? For me personally the BVB can't lose in the final, no matter how the game ends they'll end up winners. It's different for Bayern, that's all I'm saying. Of course Dortmund can win the final, but Bayern still would've lost it too. What's so hard to understand about it? Just look at the 2008 Superbowl, Patriots 18-0 perfect season and they lost the final game! Yes, the Giants won it but you can't talk about it without mentioning that the Patriots lost it after having a perfect season.

If I'm totally honest I almost always prefer to be the underdog. There's nothing more exciting in sports than to win a final Chelsea-style.

I'll skip the Klopp quote because I don't see it being different than what I'm saying.

I don't want you to say anything else, just say it differently. It's lacking respect for Dortmund to me. Imagine, I'd say Barca lost the semi finals and not Bayern won it. They didn't use the best tactics and with Messi and Puyol, they had surely won it. Barca had more pressure because they are seen as the best team in the world and were in danger to lose that with losses against Bayern. But that's only part of the truth, see?

Scum

Afternoon, all.

Yup. 40GB.

Edit: it's just done it another two times in the space of a minute. DAMNNNNNNNNNNN!!

Right, wheres the thread in gaming.

Errr...Don't go too far away when you venture off into GamingGAF, dc89. You'll probably get the best help from here.

dc89

It did well to last this long. You could try re-applying the thermal paste if it is dead properly.

It's just done it again whilst checking the system. :(

RIP PS3.

Fuck guys, do I plug in my Xbox. Or do I go WiiU exclusive?!

tumblr_m84b5txkNh1r76lino1_250.gif

Diamanti should work, in theory at least. He's a supremely accurate crosser - 2nd in Serie A.

Players I'd keep: Udinese's Isla, Caceres, Lichtsteiner, Asamoah.

Players I'd like to keep but would part with for fair money: Pepe, Giak, Storari and Luke Brown.

Players I'd like to sell and replace: Juve's Isla, CIRO IMMOBILE, Padoin(?), Peluso (still on loan), Matri, Quag, Vucinic, Giovinco, Melo, Ziegler and Jorge FUCKING Martínez.

I don't even want to think about replacing Lichtsteiner. It took us long enough to find a proper RB!

Sell Vucinic? You don't want to win, you want to play il bel calcio :p

Immobile didn't impress at Genoa, you're right. Definitely his year at Pescara was a Zeman fluke.

I'd sell Giovinco in a heartbeat, but where do we sell him? And Conte seems to like him.

Carbonox

RIP PS3.

If you do that, I'd rip you so hard your crying to the mods would make koofoo's seem even more wee club-like than it was already.

RIP PS3.

You're being emotional so you're not thinking straight, dc.

Just look at this picture and think sexy thoughts, and you'll return to your senses.

Daniele-De-Rossi-008.jpg

Suen

I'll skip the Klopp quote because I don't see it being different than what I'm saying.

I don't want you to say anything else, just say it differently. It's lacking respect for Dortmund to me. Imagine, I'd say Barca lost the semi finals and not Bayern won it. They didn't use the best tactics and with Messi and Puyol, they had surely won it. Barca had more pressure because they are seen as the best team in the world. But that's only part of the truth, see?
Can I make an input here? In the group stages Madrid and Dortmund played much more even and in the semi-finals we were really bad in the away game but close to sending you out in the home game. Based on overall performance of all the four games I think Dortmund played much better and created much more chances than what we did against them, honestly we were lucky you guys didn't score more. Based Lopez and Casillas saved us many times when the defense was clueless. Dortmund definitely won against us and it wasn't by luck but by simply being the better team.

Arsenal won against Bayern because Bayern fucking sucked at their home game, not because we suddenly became a great team. Yes I still think we would have scored one or two goals but if Bayern wasn't on a holiday they would have put at least a goal or two in our net in that game.

GorillaJu

DC this is what you need to do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaIqgGNlXto

Don't buy shit hardware then.

It's not about shit hardware. Like 10 years ago, I spent over $2k on top of the line parts, and the next year or two was pure fucking misery, as I slowly went through change after change, RMA'ing out parts to try and find the culprit for my constant blue screens and crashes. I couldn't enjoy any games for extended periods of time and repair shops, friends, and all the self-diagnosis the internet provided couldn't fix it. Up to the day I simply stopped using that computer (when I picked up a Powerbook), it still never stopped the random crashes.

Of course, I just recently built a rig for about $400 that runs every game on the highest settings, outside of supersampling and some rarities like TressFX, and it never crashes, ever. Go figure.

Messi

Ok, I finally have to choose what name to get on the Barca kit. So what do you guys think the chances of Tello leaving this summer are, be it on a loan or sold? Percentage wise.

Maybe I get Alex Song for the lols.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sell Vucinic? You don't want to win, you want to play il bel calcio :p

Immobile didn't impress at Genoa, you're right. Definitely his year at Pescara was a Zeman fluke.

I'd sell Giovinco in a heartbeat, but where do we sell him? And Conte seems to like him.

Fuck Ciro after declaring his love to Napoli, I don't even care if he's the next Ronaldo.

Vucinic and Giovinco are both staying I'm afraid :( Just wishful thinking on my part.

kharma45

It's not about shit hardware. Like 10 years ago, I spent over $2k on top of the line parts, and the next year or two was pure fucking misery, as I slowly went through change after change, RMA'ing out parts to try and find the culprit for my constant blue screens and crashes. I couldn't enjoy any games for extended periods of time and repair shops, friends, and all the self-diagnosis the internet provided couldn't fix it. Up to the day I simply stopped using that computer (when I picked up a Powerbook), it still never stopped the random crashes.

Of course, I just recently built a rig for about $400 that runs every game on the highest settings, outside of supersampling and some rarities like TressFX, and it never crashes, ever. Go figure.

One of those YMMV situations I guess. We spent a similar amount (was around £1800 or so) back in 2000 and the PC was as solid as a rock, as has every other since then.

Bonolis is back!
Bonolis said:
There was some sort of plan to get Milan in the Champions League, every team that played against them has been put in a difficult situation, Lazio, Inter, Fiorentina. Yesterday's penalty was unbelievable, it seems like Balotelli is having a stroke. I think about the penalty not given to Fiorentina vs Roma, or the penalty not given to Roma vs Milan. It's pretty clear, nobody can deny it but it's better to just pretend nothing has happened. It's human nature to get things wrong, but when something just repeat itself to favour somebody, it's almost like it's a conspiracy.

First of all, I can't believe how he still wants to talk about football after last night and the entire Inter season. When your team ends 9th, with the second worst defence of the league (just behind Pescara, the worst team in the Serie A this season), get laughed at by basically everyone, one would think that it's better to shut the hell up, at least for a couple of weeks. Or, at least, don't put Inter with those CL teams.

Anyway, I love, LOVE, how he manages to forget about all those wrong calls against us during the Fiorentina game, the Inter game and so on. Too bad Serie A ended yesterday, I wish I could read his crap every week. Oh well, he'll find something to talk about after the Coppa Italia Preliminaries in August, I guess.

Feorax

Ok, I finally have to choose what name to get on the Barca kit. So what do you guys think the chances of Tello leaving this summer are, be it on a loan or sold? Percentage wise.

Maybe I get Alex Song for the lols.

Wait and see what happens with your keeper. If Reina is going to you then there is a high chance someone is coming our way as part of the deal. I expect that someone to be Tello.

EDIT: I see a lot of suggestion that the top teams in the PL will spend big and spend well this summer. I don't see it.

United - Might spend big on one or two, but I forsee a relatively quiet window. Moyes will need to figure out what he's working with and what he needs to do, and I don't think he'll know for certain until next summer.

City - Some big mistakes last summer. Not seen anything yet to suggest lessons learnt. Txixi needs to get his act together.

Spurs - Depends on Bale. If he stays, might just be a case of buying a striker and a Bale backup for the left to keep him fresh. Won't have a massive budget either I don't think.

Arsenal - Will probably look more for a Carzorla/Monreal type bargain. Wenger dipping into Ligue 2 already suggests that.

Chelsea - Made some whoppers recently. Marin, Torres, Mikel, all not good enough. Hazard, Mata, Oscar all done well, but very obvious signings. Mourinho needs to influence incoming and outgoings ASAP, give the club some clear direction.

Everton - Skint. All depends on how the new manager wants to play and how good he is at unearthing gems in the transfer market.

Liverpool - Also pretty skint comparatively. Will need to offload deadwood quickly, and even then there are so many gaps to fill in the squad. Fantastic January, but lightning tends not to strike twice at LFC.

Will be an entertaining summer at least.

Wilbur

Banned
Why is Mazzari stepping down? Doesn't fancy another shot at the CL?

Happy Birthday to Wilbury's mother (and Freewheelin too I guess :p).

We love you Claire.

She's out with my papa at the moment. I'll send her your well wishes when she returns. And the picture in the PM that bud sent me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom