• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Wenger is vowing to be proactive in the transfer market this summer!
kofVrpi.jpg

CHAMPI... oh, right.

Feorax

BILD seemingly reporting Chelsea interested in Papadopolous.

Hope this is just a ploy to hurry the deal along.
Chelsea don't need him, would be a terrible buy for all parties involved.

MPW

so what happens to fiorentina now that ref and milan screwed them out of a CL spot?

do they have to sell their best players or are they financially stable?

BILD seemingly reporting Chelsea interested in Papadopolous.

Hope this is just a ploy to hurry the deal along.
Chelsea don't need him, would be a terrible buy for all parties involved.

They kind of do need a new CB imo

Ivanovic - Good enough
Terry - Getting injury-prone, losing it a bit
Luiz - Can't be trusted at CB
Cahill - Not all that

phaze

Wenger is vowing to be proactive in the transfer market this summer!
kofVrpi.jpg

CHAMPI... oh, right.

If we won't sell anyone important from our current team I will call it a success. The fact that none our players attained the RVP, Fabregas, Nasri status should help us in doing that. I don't think there's anyone in our squad now, that the likes of city, chelsea, barca will try to pluck from us.

If we won't sell anyone important from our current team I will call it a success. The fact that none our players attained the RVP, Fabregas, Nasri status should help be helpful. I don't think there's anyone in our squad now, that the likes of city, chelsea, barca will try to pluck from us.
Verm to Barca pls

Salvadora

If we won't sell anyone important from our current team I will call it a success. The fact that none our players attained the RVP, Fabregas, Nasri status should help us in doing that. I don't think there's anyone in our squad now, that the likes of city, chelsea, barca will try to pluck from us.

Sagna is on his way out probably, but that's a blessing more than anything.

Feorax

They kind of do need a new CB imo

Ivanovic - Good enough
Terry - Getting injury-prone, losing it a bit
Luiz - Can't be trusted at CB
Cahill - Not all that

I disagree on Luiz, and whilst I agree on Cahill, I don't think Chelsea see him like that.

Papadopolous is a player very much in the mould of Luiz. Going there would restrict his playing time and stunt his development.

fuenf

I'll skip the Klopp quote because I don't see it being different than what I'm saying.

I don't want you to say anything else, just say it differently. It's lacking respect for Dortmund to me. Imagine, I'd say Barca lost the semi finals and not Bayern won it. They didn't use the best tactics and with Messi and Puyol, they had surely won it. Barca had more pressure because they are seen as the best team in the world and were in danger to lose that with losses against Bayern. But that's only part of the truth, see?

Sorry but I dont get it, short of becoming a Dortmund fan there's nothing more I can say. I said that I respect what Dortmund has accomplished, I said that they can beat Bayern and that their season is already a success by reaching the final. Why is it so hard to differentiate between 1 game and a whole season? I'm just focusing on the mental aspect of the game, did you by any chance overlook my initial reply to you?

fuenf said:
??? It's the truth, Dortmund can win the trophy but it would still be Bayern who lost it. That's how the public perception is, Dortmund already overachieved no matter what and they can be proud of their season. Bayern can be proud, but nontheless the public expects them to win. What do you want me to say? Yes, Dortmund can beat Bayern, but Bayern are clearly the better team. It's not possible for Dortmund to win the cup without Bayern losing it. That's actually the big chance for Dortmund and that's the real problem Bayern have to face. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Bayern can only beat themselves because Dortmund is a shitty team or anything like that, I'm saying it because the odds are almost stacked against Bayern and every player has to give his absolute best to win it (3rd final in 4 years, the point difference in the Bundesliga, Heynckes 2nd to last game). Bayern has all the pressure in the world, Dortmund literally has none. They can only win.

tbh this discussion is dumb. Pls let's just leave it at that.

qindarka

Banned
I do think he's been more impressive in midfield, but long term he and Cahill will be the centre backs I think. Mourinho will like him.

He hasn't been that good in midfield. Take the Europa final for instance, he was bypassed so easily. I can't remember the last time he made a glaring mistake that cost us a goal either, his proneness towards disaster has always been exaggerated, his mistakes just stick more in people's minds because when they do happen, he looks very silly.

He hasn't been that good in midfield. Take the Europa final for instance, he was bypassed so easily. I can't remember the last time he made a glaring mistake that cost us a goal either, his proneness towards disaster has always been exaggerated, his mistakes just stick more in people's minds because when they do happen, he looks very silly.

Made one against Everton :p

Meier

http://i.imgur.com/vQpVdsj.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Lmao, I saw this before the original image and went super wide-eyed for a second. I expected a CS from Joe yesterday. He ended with 18 which tied two years ago (had 17 in 2011-2012) and so I was hoping he'd set a new personal best. Everything about yesterday's game that wasn't Jack Rodwell sucked.

Hopefully that's the last game we ever see Lescott play and the last time Micah touches the CB position.

[quote="spidye, post: 58218032"]german media is reporting Bale signed a new contract but with a release clause of 59m for the next summer

sorry if I'm late

looks like it's official and I'm mighty late

[url]http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/gareth-bale-agrees-new-130000aweek-tottenham-contract--but-can-leave-next-season-for-50m-8623959.html[/url][/QUOTE]

I don't believe it. They could easily get more than £50m for him.. so it really doesn't make any sense to set his release clause at that amount. You price it at what you wan't for the player, not the lowest amount you'd get. If he has one, anything less than £80m is ridiculous and very un-Levyesque.

GorillaJu

Fuckin GOT is like Dragon Ball Z man, every week it's just torture, it's 55 minutes of "this is going to happen, this is going to happen," then at the very end, something happens and you have to wait till the next week.

Still, good ep, somehow or another.

Meier

Fuckin GOT is like Dragon Ball Z man, every week it's just torture, it's 55 minutes of "this is going to happen, this is going to happen," then at the very end, something happens and you have to wait till the next week.

Still, good ep, somehow or another.

I thought this one was a little weak but I think that entirely boiled down to knowing what would happen. A bunch of the reveals would have been really cool otherwise especially the one involving Daario. I know why they didn't give him blue hair and all that but he still could have been a LITTLE more over the top in his appearance IMO.

One thing I'll say is that one shot where we saw not only side boob but side nipple as well before Dany got into her robe was especially sexy.

Feorax

Florentino Perez to hold a press conference at 8pm Spanish time.

It's happening...

Actually, didn't someone say Chelsea were set to announce Mourinho as their manager this afternoon?

Hummels in the new Kicker issue:

"Es gab keine Kontakte. Weder zu Barcelona noch zu einem anderen Verein"

(...)

"Ich sehe es eigentlich nicht als meine Aufgabe, Gerüchte zu dementieren, die andere Leute erfinden", sagte Hummels in einem Interview. "Sollte irgendwann mal irgendwas an diesen Dingen dran sein, werde ich das sagen. Und wenn ich jetzt festhalte, dass an diesen Spekulationen nichts dran ist, sollte man mir das abnehmen." Er habe nie in Erwägung gezogen, Dortmund den Rücken zu kehren.

There weren't any contact, neither to Barca, nor any other team.
I don't consider it to be my function to deny rumors that other people make up.
If at some point down the line there is something to these rumors, I'll say so.
And when I tell you that there is nothing about them, then please believe me.
Not a direct quote: "He never considered leaving Dortmund"

http://www.derwesten.de/sport/fussb...eumt-mit-wechselgeruechten-auf-id7971216.html

arAy70A.gif

*BOW*

justjohn

You're forgetting the midfield genius that is jack wilshere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom