• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
This Daft Punk album's shit.

Knew it would be given all the grown men crying about it pre-release.

'it's taking me on an audible journey through my subconscious'

looooool

Yeah I don't really get it. I only like two/three songs on it. It's all very similar, there's too many repetitive beats and sounds. Get Lucky, Touch and Fragments of Time are good though.

It's Daft Punk. They're hardly genre defining or pioneers.

They're one of those bands where their track construction feels extremely similar on each track. Similar tempos, instrumentals, effects used on vocals and build up much of the time.

Music to be bored to.

mm

I don't know, I guess obviously someone like Dylan uses similar melodies every time, but its in the lyrics there, and Daft Punk's songs are hardly amazing written songs.

Meier

Juve moving for Tevez?

They are brave.

He has been amazing for City this year. Our best player in most games really.

I think he'll go to France though most likely as both PSG and Monaco will be willing to offer him high wages and will pay a much higher transfer fee than Juve would.

I said that to bro yesterday when the MOTD team came up, a Carrick/Cazorla midfield would get bummed almost as much as our actual midfield gets bummed.

Has there been a single particularly impressive DM this season?

Sandro - injured
Lucas - injured, slowly getting back into form
Parker - mediocre
Luiz - hasn't played there all that often
Mikel - meh
Tiote - utter turd
Barry/Rodwell - average

@Sleepless, my parents have silicone cases on their iPhones, don't really like the way my fingers stick to it, and the ridge between case and screen is offputting to me :p

Answer my PM bro

Wilbur

Banned

Sandro - injured
Parker - mediocre
Mikel - meh
Tiote - utter turd
Barry/Rodwell - average

@Sleepless, my parents have silicone cases on their iPhones, don't really like the way my fingers stick to it, and the ridge between case and screen is offputting to me :p

Schneiderlin. Yacob has been good as well.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve moving for Tevez?

They are brave.
Why? On the pitch he's fantastic. I'm sure Conte can sort him out.

Mou out.
Casillas out.
Mutually exclusive. :p
I guess someone had to be sold to pay down the refereeing debt.

God damn.
KuGsj.gif

Salvadora

Sandro - injured
Parker - mediocre
Mikel - meh
Tiote - utter turd
Barry/Rodwell - average

Arteta surely deserves a shout.

He has been amazing for City this year. Our best player in most games really.

I think he'll go to France though most likely as both PSG and Monaco will be willing to offer him high wages and will pay a much higher transfer fee than Juve would.

Yeah he's a monster I loved him at United.

He'd be great anywhere as long as that's where he wants to be, it would just be sad if he went elsewhere and then a year later spits his dummy out and wants to go home again.

Yeah he's a monster I loved him at United.

He'd be great anywhere as long as that's where he wants to be, it would just be sad if he went elsewhere and then a year later spits his dummy out and wants to go home again.

The thing is, even when he's acting like a knob off the pitch, he puts in maximum effort on it, every time. The difference between him and City's other players is mindblowing when it comes to work ethic when they step over that white line

@Laboured, was he brilliant as a DM though, or was it just a few good passes and dribbles? They conceded 5 goals

The thing is, even when he's acting like a knob off the pitch, he puts in maximum effort on it, every time. The difference between him and City's other players is mindblowing when it comes to work ethic when they step over that white line

@Laboured, was he brilliant as a DM though, or was it just a few good passes and dribbles? They conceded 5 goals

Their problem was not protecting their flanks first and foremost.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why can't we give him #10?

foto_0000000520130507095902.jpg

Do they have any good golf courses in Turin?

Yes.

In fact, our president is the director of the Italian Golf Federation.
It's Daft Punk. They're hardly genre defining or pioneers.

They're one of those bands where their track construction feels extremely similar on each track. Similar tempos, instrumentals, effects used on vocals and build up much of the time.

Music to be bored to.

I can't hate One More Time. I just can't Laboured.

The first season of House is on TV, and that reminded me how good TV used to be

Monday - Prison Break
Tuesday - CSI
Wednesday - Lost/Heroes
Thursday - House
Friday - Comedies, PS2 :p

Why did you forget 24, you cunt.

Because 24 is, was, will soon be, and always will be, shite.

@Hixx, Ithink that's where Sony dropped a bollock at the Meeting. Even a FIFA/CoDtrailer would have given them a boost. If CoD is an Xbox-priority game again, SOny could well start on the back foot again

Meier

Trying to gain popularity by siding with popular multi-plats. Seems desperate.

Can't help but feel like MS is hurting for first party titles.

Do they really need lots of first party hits? Sony has moderate first party successes outside of GT (huge in Europe, moderate elsehwere) but none of them are system sellers. The stuff that helps you keep #1 is huge third party games that people can talk about with their friends. As long as they get Halo out at or around launch, that's really enough to tip a lot of people and then you hammer them with the exclusive game from Respawn and 30-day map exclusivity, etc. for CoD and you're golden.

qindarka

Banned
Using a simple google search, this is the only mention I can find of him:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...logy-for-cleared-ref-mark-clattenburg?cc=3436

However, when asked if Chelsea would be offering the official a full apology, Chelsea spokesman Steve Adkins said: "We are pleased that the FA recognise the claim lodged by Ramires was done in good faith. They also recognise that Chelsea FC did what was expected on that occasion. We now hope everyone returns to playing football and refereeing without prejudice. We will not be adding to our statement."

Edit: Checked again and this chap is really Head of Communications. Still unverified account, though.

It's simply successful marketing.

Honigstein saying Papadopoulos could be coming to us for €15 million. YES.

True.

It's funny because a COD game made by Neversoft and the first FIFA of the new gen are unlikely to be of the highest quality. But most buyers aren't going to know that.

Arnie

True.

It's funny because a COD game made by Neversoft and the first FIFA of the new gen are unlikely to be of the highest quality. But most buyers aren't going to know that.
Just told my two housemates (who're playing zombies this very minute) about the event and they're going to watch solely for Fifa/COD.

It works. It gets the masses talking. Unlike Knack. Or Killzone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom