• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Yeah, I think so too. Have a feeling we might see 1. Chelsea, 2. Arsenal and then another three way battle including Spurs and the two Manchester clubs. Spurs will miss out again. AVB will be sacked despite getting like 75 points and coming up against four clubs with far bigger revenue. I will cry when that happens. Then I will look to us coming fourth and cry as well.

I think you're underestimating United. No way you drop from 1st to 4th, especially with the signings you're sure to make.

Nail on the head about Arsenal though :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Momentum continues to build around reports Juventus will sell Claudio Marchisio to Manchester United for £25m.

tumblr_mmtkyz34rt1r30r4xo2_500.gif

Ingeniero

Mou will fail to win the EPL this time.
He will face Real Madrid in CL and lose.
Then sacked.

I also think Arsenal will get 2nd.

Great turn from Kane.

It's called word of mouth, mate.

Yeah, but you're a devout follower (as far as I can tell) and you said:
Just told my two housemates (who're playing zombies this very minute) about the event and they're going to watch solely for Fifa/COD.

It works. It gets the masses talking. Unlike Knack. Or Killzone.

This is evangelizing more than anything - not natural word of mouth. The masses (your friends) would not have talked without you.
(...hope they get ps4s, lol)

I really don't think the xbox will have a sizable mainstream advantage. It would have if it wasn't for Kinect dragging the price up.

justjohn

Yeah, I think so too. Have a feeling we might see 1. Chelsea, 2. Arsenal and then another three way battle including Spurs and the two Manchester clubs. Spurs will miss out again. AVB will be sacked despite getting like 75 points and coming up against four clubs with far bigger revenue. I will cry when that happens. Then I will look to us coming fourth and cry as well.
WAt? What makes you think arsenal will be anywhere near the top? It's between chelsea, and the two manchester clubs with chelsea slightly edging it.

dc89

Tancredi tweets a great point:

Florentino: "This house will always remember Mourinho, like with all the others that passed by here". Ehm, so not so Special...

fuenf

This is evangelizing more than anything - not natural word of mouth. The masses (your friends) would not have talked without you.

I really don't think the xbox will have a sizable mainstream advantage. It would have if it wasn't for Kinect dragging the price up.

I aree, especially in Europe where most of that multimedia stuff won't fly because of licensing issues. If MS could come up with a solution and offer the same stuff they will be offering in the U.S. well yes, then they deserve to 'win' Europe.

Arnie

Yeah, but you're a devout follower (as far as I can tell) and you said:

I'm not a devout follower at all.

Not on a Kyoufu/Hitcher (or you considering this really odd post) level, anyway. I probably won't even buy a new console for a good year, I don't play enough games to warrant it.

I'm talking about the reveal, not the release. The Xbox reveal will garner a more mainstream audience than the PS4 one, primarily because of those two games. And if I didn't mention it then they might read about it on Twitter, or see it on Facebook etc. I'm not evangelising anything, they were already playing Call of Duty on an Xbox 360, how is that converting them?

Kyoufu

I'm not a devout follower at all.

Not on a Kyoufu/Hitcher (or you considering this really odd post) level, anyway. I probably won't even buy a new console for a good year, I don't play enough games to warrant it.

I'm talking about the reveal, not the release. The Xbox reveal will garner a more mainstream audience than the PS4 one, primarily because of those two games. And if I didn't mention it then they might read about it on Twitter, or see it on Facebook etc. I'm not evangelising anything, they were already playing Call of Duty on an Xbox 360, how is that converting them?

My take on it is:

Nextbox will be strong in the US & UK (just like 360) and PS4 will do well in Japan + Mainland Europe.

So basically nothing will change bar some strange fuck-up by one or the other.

justjohn

Abramovich needs to give mourinho a three year contract and then leave him alone. Dont sack him if he goes a full season without winning a trophy. He's far too good of a manager to not at least constantly challenge for the big cups every year to the end. Once the three years is over, assess everything and move from there.

I know the club has done well with all these managerial changes but its time for some stability.

Clegg

Marchisio would definitely strengthen our midfield. And at 27 he's at the peak of his career. We'd get 4 or 5 good seasons out of him.

Probably still need to sign another, younger midfielder too.

Ingeniero

If MS unprecedent partnership is with EA and FIFA is a full or timed exclusive then continental Europe may jump ship, that would be huge...

Abramovich needs to give mourinho a three year contract and then leave him alone. Dont sack him if he goes a full season without winning a trophy. He's far too good of a manager to not at least constantly challenge for the big cups every year to the end. Once the three years is over, assess everything and move from there.

I know the club has done well with all these managerial changes but its time for some stability.
The dream...

Arnie

My take on it is:

Nextbox will be strong in the US & UK (just like 360) and PS4 will do well in Japan + Mainland Europe.

So basically nothing will change bar some strange fuck-up by one or the other.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility for Sony to return to the top of those two territories, but it have to do a better job of pushing what the masses want. Revealing a console with niche titles and a couple of oddball new IP's isn't the way to do it. Especially when they didn't even show the box.

For what it's worth I think they should have waited until closer to E3 to show it. They showed their hand far too early and for minimal gain.

If MS unprecedent partnership is with EA and FIFA is a full or timed exclusive then continental Europe may jump ship, that would be huge...
Will not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom