• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

so what happens to fiorentina now that ref and milan screwed them out of a CL spot?

do they have to sell their best players or are they financially stable?

They're pretty well-off financially, much like Napoli. They'll sell Jovetic because that's what he wants. Della Vale (owners) allegedly promised him they'll let him go if someone comes knocking with 30M€. A non-written release clause, basically.

Montella to Milan and Jovetic to Arsenal.

Montella suggested Galliani should add the video of Balo's yesterday's pen and the one from Udinese - Milan (or Milan - Udinese, don't remember) to his phone, right next to the picture of Muntari's goal. :) I'll take some convincing, but I'm sure he'll end at Milan sooner or later.

Man, I really can't stand music like Rush. I would be at least ambivalent, indifferent at worst, about them if I didn't have to deal with a bunch of numpties who think they're simply the greatest band ever. And it's not even that they have poor taste, it's that they think using fucked up time signatures, and having a technically talented drummer somehow make their opinion objective, and not just a matter of taste. Butt-rock, and all forms of "watch me shred!" music are just not my thing. I like the sound of a nice guitar, but I can't stand going to guitar conventions because I'm just so bothered by all these... dudes and their unpalatable taste in derivative "play-scales-really-fast" taste in music.

/rant
(prompted because of Tom Sawyer currently playing on a Twitch TV stream, stream chat going wild)

It's okay. Some people have great taste in clothes, some do in music.

1. he's not being sold, it's a free transfer

2. i do not want to live in a world where juventini unironically accuse others of referee shenanigans

Nor I in one where milanisti (or interisti for that matter) somehow think they're less protected / advantaged than other big teams when it comes to reffing.

Arnie

Gone full muppet mode on Papadopoulos. Read that the Shalke sporting director confirmed an offer from England earlier, and later in the evening Raphael Honigstein talked up the possibility of him moving to us for 15 million euros.

Get it wrapped up Brendan. Raheem can do his own tie.

Scum

Respawn or Insomniac's title will be exclusive to Xbox Infinity.

Fifa Ultimate Team will be exclusive too.

The Carnival of Stupid will crash 'GAF from a minute past six tomorrow.

Wilbur

Banned
Nah he is going to England. Fiore won't sell Jovetic to Juve and Jovetic wants to move.

I don't see Arsenal paying the 30m though. And as ludicrous a human piggy bank as Marotta is, Juve might. Arsenal might spend a fair amount this season but they'll spread it out amongst the squad as opposed to splashing it all on one player.

Did you give queef a ballkuzy or however the fuck it's spelled? He was desperate to experience it.

He was made a man. There were tears sure but at the end of the day he will appreciate it and probably tell his grandkids about the magical night in Copenhagen.

i took him to christania, Dec is going to be so jealous.

Wilbur

Banned
Gone full muppet mode on Papadopoulos. Read that the Shalke sporting director confirmed an offer from England earlier, and later in the evening Raphael Honigstein talked up the possibility of him moving to us for 15 million euros.

Get it wrapped up Brendan. Raheem can do his own tie.

Would be a class signing. To replace Skrtel as first choice? Or is Kelly being earmarked for that right now alongside Agger?

Lightning

Banned
I don't see Arsenal paying the 30m though. And as ludicrous a human piggy bank as Marotta is, Juve might. Arsenal might spend a fair amount this season but they'll spread it out amongst the squad as opposed to splashing it all on one player.
We need a player like Jovetic though. We really do!

Arnie

Would be a class signing. To replace Skrtel as first choice? Or is Kelly being earmarked for that right now alongside Agger?

Aye, he'd be the Carragher replacement and slot straight in. Skrtel's as good as gone, Ilori's our other target. Don't know where this leaves the Ashley Williams interest, but right now all signs point to Papadopoulos being our number one target.

We need a player like Jovetic though. We really do!
Would he play centrally?

Isn't he better as a second striker, or am I making that up? I've not seen much of him for a couple of years to be truthful.

Timurid

Arsenal are said to be lining up a £12m offer for Juventus star Stephan Lichtsteiner.

The Swiss international has impressed Arsene Wenger during the two Scudetto-winning campaigns in Turin, as he can play at right-back or on the right side of midfield.

According to TMW, the Gunners are among the favourites to sign Lichtsteiner as a replacement for Bacary Sagna.

The 29-year-old has been suggested as one of the players who could be sold to raise funds for new buys, including Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez.

Others potentially on the market include Mirko Vucinic and Claudio Marchisio.
Looks like Merdentus is going to be ripped apart this season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buffon
L - B - B - C
M - V - P
Tevez (free role) - Llorente - JUVEtic (free role)

Give me the league title now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol

Our defending on all three goals was terrible. Nobody picked out the guy who assisted that, he just waltzed in unmarked.

Wilbur

Banned
That was a lovely pass by Januzaj, was a great one just before as well but Lawrence got in the way. Nice drag back, good finish.

Zabojnik

I don't think so. We'll offer them 20M€ + two players (Quaglia, Matri, Marrone, ...), which they'll refuse. Unless Jovetic really wants to stay in Italy, which apparently he does, and pushes really hard to be sold to Juve. I'm sure he can be convinced that England is just as good a destination though. My predicition is: if City/Arsenal put 30M€ on the table in the next few weeks, he's theirs.

Arnie

It's not very Arsene Wenger to pay a substantial amount of money for a 29 year old.

And it's not like Juventus need to sell.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think so. We'll offer them 20M€ + two players (Quaglia, Matri, Marrone, ...), which they'll refuse. Unless Jovetic really wants to stay in Italy, which apparently he does, and pushes really hard to be sold to Juve. I'm sure he can be convinced that England is just as good a destination though. My predicition is: if City/Arsenal put 30M€ on the table in the next few weeks, he's theirs.

Whereas Arsenal will offer 20m euros max and nothing more. I just don't see it from them. I can see them spending 60m odd, but it'll be for the squad, not just on one player.

Lightning

Banned
Would he play centrally?

Isn't he better as a second striker, or am I making that up? I've not seen much of him for a couple of years to be truthful.
I've seen him play both but he is more a second striker but he also has all the skills required to be a main man as well although that would take time for him to bed in. I don't think he's a player whp can come in and score 20-30 PL goals in a season straight away.

Arnie

I've seen him play both but he is more a second striker but he also has all the skills required to ne a main man as well although that would take time for him to bed in. I don't think he's a player whp can come in and score 20-30 PL goals in a season straight away.

I think you need a boss central number 9 more than anything.

Giroud isn't good enough to make that next step. Arsenal need a RVP/Henry/Falcao/Cavani/Suarez/Sturridge. Not a Giroud.

Meier

buschsoccerfield.jpg

Busch Stadium infield conversion in process for the game later this week. They're lowering the pitcher's mound and removing some dirt and then laying fresh sod over the clay areas.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...m-pitcher-mound-flattened-man-190633793.html?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
22-25m + Quagliarella. Sir Montella is a BIG fan of him.

Matri, god bless him, knows his limitations and won't mind being 4th or 5th choice even. He said so himself.

Mirko and Gio will Iaquinta our asses.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well done to United. Good comeback, if Obika had just squared that ball we'd have won this match but that's the difference between kids and senior players.

We've definitely been the best U21 team this season but to play a final at Old Trafford and lose is no disgrace.

Wilbur

Banned
Zeki, give us a wave

Lovely stuff. Spurs' U21s look class; Kane should definitely feature in some more first team football, and Carroll should have started a bunch instead of Parker.

Adnan looks lovely lovely lovely, nice cultured footballer with a good passing range. Cole has a bit of a goal scorer's touch about him, and Lawrence impressed me too. Tunnicliffe is a knacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom