• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football Italia: President Berlusconi announced “there will a complete change in the coaching staff and the club structure."

So, Allegri and the rest of the group gone. After we made an entire youth sector based on his tactics and everything. Can't wait to see Inzaghi/Donadoni/Gattuso on our bench.

Wilbur

Banned
Football Italia: President Berlusconi announced “there will a complete change in the coaching staff and the club structure."

So, Allegri and the rest of the group gone. After we made an entire youth sector based on his tactics and everything. Can't wait to see Inzaghi/Donadoni/Gattuso on our bench.

Maybe Allegri would be better off in the youth sector though, although its impossible to imagine he'd take a step back or whatever though.

You don't think Montella's in with a shot? I'd prefer he stayed at Fiore.

In a holy place so I shouldn't be so vulgar but

ADNAN COME AND PUT IT ALL OVER MY FACE

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

loooooooooooool

however will you fast through ramadan with the thought of adnan's ejaculate on your brain

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
How fucking sporks like Anderson get to play Premier League football and talented kids like Pogba don't is beyond me.

Fixed.

Senior players get the nod, that's normal. Carroll has made a number of first team appearances this season and will make many more next.

Football Italia said:
“There will be a complete change in the coaching staff. We will also, if necessary, re-organise the club structure,” wrote Berlusconi.

The President also implied he ordered Allegri to switch to a 4-3-3 system and credits himself with turning the season around.

“After the disastrous start to the season, I met with the Coach and directors to tell everyone this situation had to be overturned.

“I also specified that the team had to step on to the field with a different tactical set-up, as I have a lot of experience in this area.

“The results were seen straight away, modesty aside, starting from the comeback to draw 2-2 with Napoli. From the relegation zone we climbed to third place, earned yesterday by the skin of our teeth.

“I have already called for tomorrow a complete revamp of the coaching staff and, if it were needed, a more efficient and complete re-organisation of the club structure.”
Maybe Allegri would be better off in the youth sector though, although its impossible to imagine he'd take a step back or whatever though.

You don't think Montella's in with a shot? I'd prefer he stayed at Fiore.
I can't see Allegri getting relegated to the youth sector, we're pretty much covered there. And Montella is going to stay at least another year at Fiorentina, and won't sign us after what happened in the past few weeks with the whole third place race. Maybe next year, but I'm not sure about that either.

amazing. i get focused on work for a couple of hours, then check back on the interwebs and count max is fired.

i don't even know what to think. i'm happy max i gone but i really wonder what berlusconi is planning. i'll reserve any judgments until i see what he and the gold have cooked up.

i'm really hoping for montella though . . . if montella is impossible, i'd rather we take a big risk with inzaghi or seedorf, before we settle for someone like donadoni.

edit: i forgot to mention, allegri's tactics in the youth sector? lol. the youth teams are being built around a 4-3-3. allegri was obsessed with 4-3-1-2 until el shaarawy forced him to change. then we have this:

Silvio Berlusconi: "After the 2-2 match vs Napoli I summoned the whole team and staff and forced them to play with the 4-3-3"

Arnie

How fucking sporks like Parker get to play Premier League football and talented kids like Carroll don't is beyond me.

I have no hesitation in burning Conte's hairpiece to the ground
AVB knows. His handling of Carroll's been really good so far. You can't overplay these kids but you can drop them into situations to give them valuable experience.

Suso's already played in both a Merseyside derby and a United game. RIP Premier league.

Wilbur

Banned
That Berlusconi quote is fucking gold

AVB knows. His handling of Carroll's been really good so far. You can't overplay these kids but you can drop them into situations to give them valuable experience.

Suso's already played in both a Merseyside derby and a United game. RIP Premier league.

:lol did u not see the adnan pass. Suso might as well retire now

I know Carroll's played a few games, but with Sandro out I don't think Parker's been rotated enough, be it for Livermore, Carroll or Huddlestone. I genuinely think he's a bad player and his PWA award is one of the most bogus in recent history.

Arnie

That Berlusconi quote is fucking gold

:lol did u not see the adnan pass. Suso might as well retire now

I know Carroll's played a few games, but with Sandro out I don't think Parker's been rotated enough, be it for Livermore, Carroll or Huddlestone. I genuinely think he's a bad player and his PWA award is one of the most bogus in recent history.
:lol

Your brain's addled with smallpox if you think Januzaj is even on a par with Suso in terms of development.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
All the big teams are changing managers in the summer. Next season's CL could be an easy ride for a couple of teams.

amazing. i get focused on work for a couple of hours, then check back on the interwebs and count max is fired.

i don't even know what to think. i'm happy max i gone but i really wonder what berlusconi is planning. i'll reserve any judgments until i see what he and the gold have cooked up.

i'm really hoping for montella though . . . if montella is impossible, i'd rather we take a big risk with inzaghi or seedorf, before we settle for someone like donadoni.

edit: i forgot to mention, allegri's 4-3-3? lol he was obsessed with 4-3-1-2 until el shaarawy forced him to change. then we have this:
I'm afraid we won't see anything good from this. As of today, there are a bunch of very talented managers but they're all out of our reach. We're left with the ex-Milan players: Inzaghi (did a great job with the kids, but is still unexperienced and next year will be with the primavera), Gattuso (did a couple of months at Sion, was far from promising), Donadoni (meh, had a great couple of season at Livorno, but except for that, he wasn't good at Napoli or the NT).

As much as my heart hurts saying this, Mazzarri is probably our best option right now. Montella is still at least one year away, same goes with Prandelli. I'd keep Allegri, just for another year, and start working on the new one around half season or so.
"re-organisation of the club structure"

Someone is going to lose his gold tie...
He probably is the only one safe right now. Braida too, maybe.

Wilbur

Banned
Is the u21 game still on? Who scored? Who won? What happened?

Spurs were 2-0 up at half time through Obika and Pritchard, and then United got it back to 2-2 through Vermijl and Cole. 87th minute, Januzaj plays a lovely pass round the outside of the Spurs defence, Lawrence cuts it back and Cole finishes.

United are Champions.

FootballFan

Spurs were 2-0 up at half time through Obika and Pritchard, and then United got it back to 2-2 through Vermijl and Cole. 87th minute, Januzaj plays a lovely pass round the outside of the Spurs defence, Lawrence cuts it back and Cole finishes.

United are Champions.

Januzaj is amazing.

Meier

Watched all 8 episodes of Broadchurch in a row yesterday. Makes me miss David Tennant as the Doctor even more. Still haven't even finished season 5 (Smith's first).. been stuck there for about 2 years.

@Milanello said:
Milan have released an official statement saying that Berlusconi hasn't given any declarations or written anything about Milan today.
What a club. City really should learn from us some new PR tactics.

There are basically two possibilities: 1) Berlusconi didn't say anything about Allegri and everything's been made up by Biscardi or 2) Berlusconi actually said that stuff about Allegri, but hasn't been in touch with Milan's press office, which manages the Milan website.
Either way, it's really really dumb.

Suen

Mallorca has been pushing very much since the beginning, wouldn't be surprised if another goal comes. Betis looks confused as hell. Castro pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom