• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Eden why u do me like this

kLfxyzB.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Who are Spurs transfer targets? Any rumours of players going around from Spurs?

I think Son, Saldado and Benteke are the strikers we are looking at seriously. I expect we will try for Moutinho again and get a younger keeper to compete with Lloris while Friedel is emergency back-up.

When it comes to selling players it will only be the chaff, Livermore, Gomes, etc.

sohois

Cheers bro. Did you even transparify the face? I was gonna ask for it, but though it would be impossible.

I'll vote for you in the Best Poster category :p

It was quite simple really, fuzzy select was basically all that was necessary. It actually would have taken more effort to select the face and just make the area around it transparent.

Salazar

When it comes to selling players it will only be the chaff, Livermore, Gomes, etc.

RnFHyrO.gif

Rafa said:
"There are two options for the future - to get a project, two or three years to build a team like at Liverpool.

"Or maybe a top side with money, where you can buy some players and challenge for trophies from the beginning."

lol

Yes, Liverpool was such a low-cost built-from-the-ground project. Not at all a top side with money.

Lightning

Banned
I think Son, Saldado and Benteke are the strikers we are looking at seriously. I expect we will try for Moutinho again and get a younger keeper to compete with Lloris while Friedel is emergency back-up.

Fabianski is coming off contract he's pretty decent for a back up.

I honestly only expect 3 players in at Arsenal regardless of where we finish. I expect a DM, goal keeper and a striker. Jovetic, Gonalons and Begovic are the ones I think we are seriously targeting.

For outwards I expect only Sagna from our starting 11 to be sold. Other than that only the chaff players who don't have a future at the club will be sold and what will be us. Slightly better than this season but not overly so. Hopefully we have fully fit Jack Wilshere next season too.

The biggest obstacle to Juventus dominance is, uh, the rest of Serie A. For all our sakes, get your acts together. Invest, build some stadiums, combat crowd trouble and racism, cut the league to 18 teams, play young talent, take some risks, start taking the Europa League seriously. Udinese, stop prostituting yourselves every summer. Napoli, show some ambition. Roma, pick a project and stick to it: let someone work at teambuilding for more than half a season. Milan, get free of Berlusconi. Fiorentina, give us Jovetic, let Montella go somewhere he can actually achieve, and resign yourselves to mediocrity. Inter, relegate yourselves to Serie C2 and rest in piss.

Juventus, sell Vucinic, invest in Verratti as heir to Pirlo, give Leali every ounce of your attention and support, stop thinking Peluso and Padoin can cut it in the Champions League, and buy at least one (1) fucking world-class creative forward so Llorente can score tap-ins and headers all season long.

Italy, do something about the endemic bribery and corruption at every level of your political, legal, and social life. And summarily exile Berlusconi.
And replace him with who?

As soon as anybody show some interest in Milan he'll try to sell a part of his share, the board made it pretty clear last year. But so far nobody showed up. As much as I hate the guy for everything he has done to our country and Milan in the past five years, as of today we better keep him close to Milan.

I agree with the rest of the post: Italy needs to step up his game, we're already seeing some good stuff but it's not enough. Having private stadiums for at least the top 6-7 teams in the Serie A would be great and make them grow a lot, but the biggest obstacle with them is the lacking of a dedicated law, and seeing how our country is right now I'd say that's not a priority. Young players played much more minutes this year than a decade ago but still have too much pressure on them if they get one game wrong (El Shaa is an example, followed by Giovinco and Alvarez, I guess).
Udinese could've won at least one Europa League in the past few years if they kept their players instead of selling them right when they got to the Champions League or somebody showed up with some money. But that's how Pozzo thinks, and I can't see him changing his mind on this thing. And of course the rest of the Europa League teams "must" care about it, it's pointless to just get there and lose at Thun or something in July.

What I don't and will never get: We don't spend 30M on one player but it's perfectly okay to spend 35-40M on two or three (depth) players.

I must admit I don't have any idea about Juve's finances, especially about wages. But it might be similiar to us, a 30m+ signing will most certainly earn a shit load of money unlike 10m signings. Maybe that's too much for Juve? I imagine players like Marchisio or Chiellini would already be on rather high wages. Or isn't that a problem.

Edit: That might be easiliy solveable by having one awesome striker on high wages than 3 mediocre ones on "normal" wages, though.

GorillaJu

It's too early for transfer talk. I'm not going to get hyped up this year. We have a team that's 6 places below United on the table but not in quality. We have Sturridge who has all the tools you need to be a top European forward, and Coutinho, a real technician who has pace purpose and penetration also known as the 3 P's as in 4-3-3, not to mention the best English player in the Premier League in Steven Gerrard, and Jonjo Shelvey, he's got everything that boy, and who can forget Pepe Reina, whose future is at Liverpool or Luis Suarez who is a world class striker with an insatiable appetite (for goals).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I must admit I don't have any idea about Juve's finances, especially about wages. But it might be similiar to us, a 30m+ signing will most certainly earn a shit load of money unlike 10m signings. Maybe that's too much for Juve? I imagine players like Marchisio or Chiellini would already be on rather high wages. Or isn't that a problem.

Edit: That might be easiliy solveable by having one awesome striker on high wages than 3 mediocre ones on "normal" wages, though.

EXACTLY

Peluso, Padoin, Giaccherini, Isla, Bendtner, Anelka and Simone Pepe.

All unnecessary and we won the league without them.

You could make a case for SP7, Giak, and Isla I suppose. But I'm willing to lose all of them for a 'top' striker.

Salazar

It's too early for transfer talk. I'm not going to get hyped up this year. We have a team that's 6 places below United on the table but not in quality.

We've reached the promised land of "lol, what does the league table matter/mean anyways" time.

Let's talk about dem unquantifiables, like "deserve".

FootballFan

The biggest obstacle to Juventus dominance is, uh, the rest of Serie A. For all our sakes, get your acts together. Invest, build some stadiums, combat crowd trouble and racism, cut the league to 18 teams, play young talent, take some risks, start taking the Europa League seriously. Udinese, stop prostituting yourselves every summer. Napoli, show some ambition. Roma, pick a project and stick to it: let someone work at teambuilding for more than half a season. Milan, get free of Berlusconi. Fiorentina, give us Jovetic, let Montella go somewhere he can actually achieve, and resign yourselves to mediocrity. Inter, relegate yourselves to Serie C2 and rest in piss.

Juventus, sell Vucinic, invest in Verratti as heir to Pirlo, give Leali every ounce of your attention and support, stop thinking Peluso and Padoin can cut it in the Champions League, and buy at least one (1) fucking world-class creative forward so Llorente can score tap-ins and headers all season long.

Italy, do something about the endemic bribery and corruption at every level of your political, legal, and social life. And summarily exile Berlusconi.

Damn, missed this post.

Only thing you didn't mention is the racism.

It's too early for transfer talk. I'm not going to get hyped up this year. We have a team that's 6 places below United on the table but not in quality. We have Sturridge who has all the tools you need to be a top European forward, and Coutinho, a real technician who has pace purpose and penetration also known as the 3 P's as in 4-3-3, not to mention the best English player in the Premier League in Steven Gerrard, and Jonjo Shelvey, he's got everything that boy, and who can forget Pepe Reina, whose future is at Liverpool or Luis Suarez who is a world class striker with an insatiable appetite (for goals).

Touche sir.

Jburton

Banned

Honest question ..... if so awesome .... why 7th?

subtles

So Dortmund are bringing in Eriksen and Bernard? Does this mean Klopp will change his formation/tactics and play two playmakers?

Linius

I laughed a little when I heard Eriksen say he never even considered playing in the Bundesliga a couple of years a go. You guys are lucky with this CL success, otherwise our diva would have gone to the EPL for sure :p

So, I got the Fifa itch, especially after seeing all you scamps on here talk about it, so I went online and I couldn't find a cheap one. Eventually I found the BONUS EDITION on Asda's website for £32, which is actually £8 cheaper than the not bonus edition. I didn't know what it was, but I bought that one since it was cheaper.

Firstly, it takes me back to my sticker collecting days, with all the sense of unjust bullshit when you get a packet of utter randoms. But also, the code for the bonus content expires on the 30th May 2013, ie in just over 2 weeks. The end of the season, I guess, but man, they don't put that on the outside of the box! Obviously I managed to redeem it fine, but why does it expire so quickly?!

Mastadon

Banned
Honest question ..... if so awesome .... why 7th?

Odd was being sarcastic, but we probably are slightly better than our position suggests. We had a rough start with the new manager coming in and implementing a different style, alongside injuries/lack of squad depth /shit transfers meaning we had to play youngsters for the first half of the season.

We're still a way off Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea but not as far as we were the year before.

phaze

The fix is in. Mike Dean is the ref in the Arsenal/Wigan game.

"Stats from Opta show that in the 15 Premier League games Arsenal have played when Dean is officiating, they have triumphed just once, making it a winning average of just seven per cent."

:lol Don't worry the power of Arteta pen is stronger than that, it will see us through.

gareth-bale-own-goal-vs-liverpool.gif

still funny as fuck

That was hilarious.

subtles

Odd was being sarcastic, but we probably are slightly better than our position suggests. We had a rough start with the new manager coming in and implementing a different style, alongside injuries/lack of squad depth /shit transfers meaning we had to play youngsters for the first half of the season.

We're still a way off Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea but not as far as we were the year before.

I think transfers have hampered Liverpool's progress more then anything else. The January transfer window was promising however. If the club can continue to identify problematic areas in the team and make the necessary shrewd signings to compete then we'll continue to see steady progress on the pitch.

So, I got the Fifa itch, especially after seeing all you scamps on here talk about it, so I went online and I couldn't find a cheap one. Eventually I found the BONUS EDITION on Asda's website for £32, which is actually £8 cheaper than the not bonus edition. I didn't know what it was, but I bought that one since it was cheaper.

Firstly, it takes me back to my sticker collecting days, with all the sense of unjust bullshit when you get a packet of utter randoms. But also, the code for the bonus content expires on the 30th May 2013, ie in just over 2 weeks. The end of the season, I guess, but man, they don't put that on the outside of the box! Obviously I managed to redeem it fine, but why does it expire so quickly?!
Because EA.

Seems crazy. What system did you get it on?

Nyx

Eindstand+VvhJ.JPG

Bony won the golden shoe (best player in the Eresdivisie) this season.

According to the Telegraaf.

According to Voetbal International the top-3 are :

1. Graziano Pelle
2. Jens Toornstra
3. Kenneth Vermeer

I think VI has a better top-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom