• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

They did mention 15 first party games in the first year including 8 new franchises. Should be an impressive, or at least varied, list of games shown on June 10th.

I may be wrong, but the 360 had more exclusives in the first year than that didn't it?

What type of apps do you want? Ones I use regular:

Swiftkey
AirDroid
Endomondo
Jorte Calendar
MX Player
Play Music
Tweedle
Dropbox (forgot these two)
Whatsapp (forgot these two)

I generally don't play games. Where is my water is good. Monopoly too, if you like it

Mainly for music, photos, sport and internet stuff :)

Dat Aurelio free kick

Linius

What does a Google Account let me do aside from online documents and Chrome synchronisation?

Also,how do you close a tab on Chrome?

edit: Cheers Schweini. Does the ScoreCentre thing let me watch the goals?

Livescore addicts does ;)

And a Google account is just the overall account for everything that Google has to offer. I use Gmail, YouTube, Chrome syncing, Google Drive and G+. Google almost owns me :lol

And close a tab by swiping it away.

fuenf

Shit, I'm suddenly getting madly excited about the CL final. I didnt expect my nerves to act up this soon... the next 3,5 days will be unbearable :/

xintin

Missed the Xbox event today due to a job interview. But that went well, and it sounds like I didn't miss anything that great from MSFT anyways :p

Wes

venison crêpe
E3 is weak compared to the World Cup.

iboDSKHHnyLBwH.gif

Is that

post-10857-Anna-Simon-gif-UDkJ.gif

LTWheels

Looking like PS4 for me too. Might get an Xbox One when it either slims down or Halo redeems itself.

Fuck Land Law tomorrow. Last exam of the year but like the worst I've ever had to do. So scared.

Good luck for land tomorrow. I didn't find it too bad. I didn't really understand it throughout the year, but I got to a point whilst revising that it just clicked. It's very formulaic, more so that other legal subjects. Property on the LPC is even easier than land law.

fuenf

Missed the Xbox event today due to a job interview. But that went well, and it sounds like I didn't miss anything that great from MSFT anyways :p

nice to hear that your interview went well, i still wish you the best of luck. the MSFT conference was indeed pretty crappy.

Not happening.

Time to jump back over. Want a games machine, not a Sky box that I can speak to.

Arnie is right. Halo is dead people. The people in charge were shit players and have no idea how to balance the multiplayer. All they care about is the art and becoming more noob friendly.

imU77SzflaafG.gif

Fuck you Halo.

WJD

Good luck for land tomorrow. I didn't find it too bad. I didn't really understand it throughout the year, but I got to a point whilst revising that it just clicked. It's very formulaic, more so that other legal subjects. Property on the LPC is even easier than land law.

Cheers. It's definitely the worst module I've had to do so far; I just find it so difficult to visualise and apply which in turn makes it much harder to commit to memory. Just counting on my strong topics coming up!

Anderson

Xbox One Reveal:

Ag5z7.gif

If Sony don't kill pre owned gaming and have a decent looking console, they've got this

Going PS4 for sure when I finish my degree

i'm a bit underwhelmed by the CL final, it always happens when 2 teams from the same league meet in the final.

removes some of the "magic" when BM and BD already played 2 or 3 times this season vs each other.

still, rooting for Munich.

Meier

I may be wrong, but the 360 had more exclusives in the first year than that didn't it?

It's possible. I waited until Oblivion came out to buy my 360 personally. I imagine there will be some third-party exclusives for the XO too but I guess we'll see.

LTWheels

Cheers. It's definitely the worst module I've had to do so far; I just find it so difficult to visualise and apply which in turn makes it much harder to commit to memory. Just counting on my strong topics coming up!

I literally spent the weekend before my monday morning land exam just memorising and writing over and over the legal and equity requirements of everything. I can see how it can be difficult to visualise. The only part you can really visualise is the new/old leasehold diagrams. It really is an exam of brute-force memorisation.

I have to admit I am intrigued by Remedies game. And it looks like there maybe Crackdown.

xintin

Oh my god the fee to pay a game you own on a different Xbox One system is the price of that game. What are you doing, Microsoft?

Oh my god the fee to pay a game you own on a different Xbox One system is the price of that game. What are you doing, Microsoft?
So after all the crying the Xbox One -- wick name -- doesn't require always online. GAF...

Anyway, looked decent enough. To be honest, looks to me like most people will probably just by the new version of which ever console they already own. Don't see much of a reason for me, as a 360 user, to jump ship to Sony. Similarly don't see much need for Sony user to make the switch either.

Edit:

Not happening.

Time to jump back over. Want a games machine, not a Sky box that I can speak to.
I don't get this line of thinking. It will still play games the same way the 360 does. Why would added features like being able to speak to it and having TV capabilities which you're not obligated to use make you switch?

yep, straight from Phil Harrison. That is insane.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560877

If I were buying an Xbox One, I'd prefer always online over basically paying for a game twice to buy used/use it on a friend's console.
Doesn't mention whether you can log in to your account on that system though.

For example, XBLA games. I can play them on my friends machine so long as I log in to my account. I think this will be a case with full games. Can't see why it wouldn't be.

Edit: so like Steam basically.

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.
2056641388_5a0bf0de2d_z.jpg

dc89

The Xbox One seems a fucking mess from top to bottom.

3GB of RAM to run the OS?
All this Kinect bollocks - it has to be plugged in.
Fees. Fees everywhere.

No. Not this time Microsoft.

K1LLER7

Wii U and PS4 for me.

^Nice. Wouldn't mind seeing him alongside Carrick. Don't think he's the best with the ball but he'll give us that physical edge in midfield.

Bumhead

Banned
Xbox One is a laughable compilation of all the bat shit crazy stuff I don't want in a console.

God job, Microsoft.

Thankfully I own a pretty decent PC so this bollocks console generation is taking a back seat for me. Will keep tabs on PS4 pricing and Gran Turismo 7 release though at least.

The Xbox One seems a fucking mess from top to bottom.

3GB of RAM to run the OS?
All this Kinect bollocks - it has to be plugged in.
Fees. Fees everywhere.

No. Not this time Microsoft.
Not trying to sound super defensive with all my rebuttals here. But people should think about most of these gripes, such as the the one I replied to above and "3GB of RAM to run the OS?" before they jump to conclusions.

Now I could be wrong, so I'm happy to be corrected. But that leaves 5GB of RAM for games. Most top end PC games aren't even using anything close to that -- to run a game. So 3GB of RAM should effectively allow the OS to run buttery smooth in the background whilst games run buttery smooth in the foreground.

Not trying to sound super defensive with all my rebuttals here. But people should think about most of these gripes, such as the the one I replied to above and "3GB of RAM to run the OS?" before they jump to conclusions.

Now I could be wrong, so I'm happy to be corrected. But that leaves 5GB of RAM for games. Most top end PC games aren't even using anything close to that. So 3GB of RAM should effectively allow the OS to run buttery smooth in the BG whilst games run buttery smooth in the foreground.

dude, it's just RAM, not magic dust, but to give you an idea, PS4 has more and faster RAM. compared to the (rumoured) 7GB devs have access in the PS4, 5GB DDR3 is extremely underwhelming. not to mention the GPU runs at 50% the speed.

first party games difference will be abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom