• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Wait there are people defending some of Xbox One's 'features'? Why should I have to sign in once a day? There is no justifiable reason to do this that won't piss someone off. It's ludicrous. There's way too much bullshit that Microsoft deserve stick for. Utterly moronic company.

In other news, I just saw The Fighter for the first time. Christian Bale deserved the Oscar he got for his performance. Just solidified my love for him even more. It's a brilliant and enjoyable film. Mark Wahlberg annoys me though - he's so boring to watch. Amy Adams on the other hand, I can watch her all day even as a trashy lass. Fiiiine.

that's not the issue people have.

you have a Xbox 1. a friend visits you with his copy of, say, FIFA.

he logs in on his account on your console, you play, you drink tea, fish and chips, all that.

then you ask:

"friend, can i borrow your copy FIFA"

"sure m8!"

and when you log in on your account to play your friend's copy of FIFA that he lend you, you have to pay 60€ to activate it online.

that last sentence is the issue here.
The guy I quoted initially, I suppose would have implied what you said by virtue of his post, but his gripe was that a user couldn't play a game that s/he bought on a secondary machine of their own. I'm saying that you probably will, because you'll just log on with your account.

As for your comment, why are people surprised about this? This is the way everything is going. If my friend comes to my house with his copy of FIFA and lends me it, I can't play it online because I need a unique online pass which will cost me £10. This was the next step, people may not like it, but that's what's happening.

This is how Steam functions. This is how PC games have nearly always functioned. This is how digital content on consoles functions. How digital content en mass functions.

Media is going this way. Who likes it? Nobody, but what can you do? Buy PS4, but then Sony haven't mentioned whether or not they will be doing the same -- I'd hazard a guess and say they will.

Kyoufu

http://majornelson.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-used-games/

There you have it. Nothing official on paying extra fees for second hand games. And you can play your games at a friends house by sining in to your profile.

Signing into YOUR profile. Notice how he says nothing about playing the game on his own profile.

The Skype integration and the instant flipping between OSs and functions look really good.

Since I don't live in the US, I won't be getting an XB1. But I'm still mildly interested in how it works. I'm sure it'll be smooth and well-designed in terms of the OS.

I would expect nothing less considering it uses 3GB of RAM for the OSes.

LTWheels

I'm not making any decisions until both consoles have been released.

Too much uncertainty around both the xbox and the ps4. We won't truly get the whole picture until the month before launch mass advertising campaign.

Wait there are people defending some of Xbox One's 'features'? Why should I have to sign in once a day? There is no justifiable reason to do this that won't piss someone off. It's ludicrous. There's way too much bullshit that Microsoft deserve stick for. Utterly moronic company.

In other news, I just saw The Fighter for the first time. Christian Bale deserved the Oscar he got for his performance. Just solidified my love for him even more. It's a brilliant and enjoyable film. Mark Wahlberg annoys me though - he's so boring to watch. Amy Adams on the other hand, I can watch her all day even as a trashy lass. Fiiiine.
I was going to ask what you thought of the film then you edited :lol

K1LLER7

I'm not making any decisions until both consoles have been released.

Too much uncertainty around both the xbox and the ps4. We won't truly get the whole picture until the month before launch mass advertising campaign.

Hopefully there's nothing similar to the RROD/YLOD with these consoles.

Linius

The whole thing is communication wise a disaster. The major is spinning confusing stuff. Journo's just write about everything they see and feed us fake stuff like FUT being Xbox exclusive. Nobody knows what the fuck is up.

They better show good games and real info at the E3.

GorillaJu

Wow FUT may be an Xbox exclusive? Interesting. That could turn heads for sure.

I wish Sony would make a football game on par with The Show. The way Fifa has taken over PES is proof that the football game audience isn't married to one franchise. The Show is an incredible game series. If they could manage that with football...

I didn't like the look of the system or controller, personally. Hopefully ps4 doesn't disappoint.

Linius

7hWYhD8.png

Cliffy's Brother :lol

I can see MS selling big time with enough people like this guy.

GQman2121

Banned
The EA stuff was very odd. It was like, yep, here we are, and we're teaming up with Microsoft to bring you Madden, FIFA, LIVE and UFC.

Sony then Tweets that those games will all be on the PS4 too.

Soooooo, what was the real reveal there from EA? The DLC for FIFA? I guess that counts.

The EA stuff was very odd. It was like, yep, here we are, and we're teaming up with Microsoft to bring you Madden, FIFA, LIVE and UFC.

Soooooo, what was the real revel there from EA? The DLC for FIFA? I guess that counts.

I guess it was like when EA had their partnership with Sony... Remember that? Battlefield 3 dlc 2 weeks before anyone else!!! and uhm, I'm sure they did a few more like that but I can't remember. At least they got a bit more out of it than Wii U's partnership with EA that they also talked their ass off about.

Soooooo, what was the real reveal there from EA? The DLC for FIFA? I guess that counts.
I also thought that was dumb. You have to wonder how many customers they hope to pinch with exclusive Ultimate Team content, not many I would imagine.

Same as CoD. I don't play CoD, but if I did and I was a PS3 user come PS4 user, I doubt time exclusive DLC would be enough to make me jump ship to MS.

speciual 1 returns with good

iwvCwaS.jpg

welcome to chelsea
Looking good.

"Xbox 360 Kinect owners had some trouble today watching Microsoft's Xbox One reveal due to device's response to "Xbox" commands spoken during the livestream."

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Linius

It would have been a big deal if FUT went exclusive. I don't play it but I know many people buy FIFA especially for FUT. But nope, just a fake rumour brought to you by game jounalism :p

Kyoufu

"Xbox 360 Kinect owners had some trouble today watching Microsoft's Xbox One reveal due to device's response to "Xbox" commands spoken during the livestream."

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Dude, I couldn't stop laughing at the tweets. Hilarious shit. More reason why Kinect is embarrassing. lol

Cliffy's Brother :lol

I can see MS selling big time with enough people like this guy.
MS will do fine. The average gamer isn't put off by the things that GAFers fuss over. All my friends on various whatsapp groups are really liking it. I'm also in a Facebook group with about 250+ other computing students from various courses and they're foaming at the cock about the news.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
This is amazing lol.

Linius

I'm an average gamer too. Just a little better informed on what's up. Better watch the CoD trailer and stuff because my co worker is gonna want to discuss it with me on saturday :p

Kyoufu

MS will do fine. The average gamer isn't put off by the things that GAFers fuss over. All my friends on various whatsapp groups are really liking it. I'm also in a Facebook group with about 250+ other computing students from various courses and they're foaming at the cock about the news.

Yeah, like I've said before many times, Xbox One will be popular in the US/UK.

Meier

Btw, City unveiled their new kit.

Raised the price too. It's now $108 to get a shirt with a name and badge.. $80 with no printing. :( Now the shirt won't fit as well as Umbro and it will cost more. What more could you ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom