• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Patricia Conde. She's also the skirt girl.

I'm in love
ibqQN3hINTvizP.gif

Kyoufu

2 things:

1) What the FUCK are Microsoft doing with used games? Just... wow.

2) Pardew may be sacked soon. Lots of talk about it. I don't want this to happen if we're going to get Pulis or McClaren. :(

sneaky77

I think Sony will do the same with used games.. but we'll see..

right now I dont think we have enough info on either but like most people things as they are as flashy as the MS os is and forza5. I am leaning ps4

Tc91

2 things:

2) Pardew may be sacked soon. Lots of talk about it. I don't want this to happen if we're going to get Pulis or McClaren. :(

Pulis looooooooooool fucking hell please happen

2 things:

1-LOL, it's Microsoft, it was bound to happen. Just look at their own software policies. Fuck them in the ass, though. Won't buy their shit.

2-8-year contract? He will get a huge paycheck.

dude, it's just RAM, not magic dust, but to give you an idea, PS4 has more and faster RAM. compared to the (rumoured) 7GB devs have access in the PS4, 5GB DDR3 is extremely underwhelming. not to mention the GPU runs at 50% the speed.

first party games difference will be abysmal.
I'm perfectly aware of how RAM works, I have a giant textbook about it in front me. What has "magic dust" got to do with anything? My point was that 3GB of the 8GB being dedicated to the OS shouldn't -- which will remain to be seen -- be an issue with 5GB being set aside for games.

I was led to believe that the PS4 has 8GB of RAM also, does it not? And I'm also aware of the difference between GDDR3 and GDDR5. But at this point these are just numbers on a page. There's a lot to be said about how the software utilities the components.

Sony doesn't have to do anything basically. They can just sit and watch MS playing with a fork and a power outlet while Nintendo is off somewhere eating glue.

What a great position to be in.

All the salt over MS and their used games thing will be hilarious when Sony does the same.
It's also to completely ignore what I said, which is that nowhere -- that I saw -- does the Kotaku article mention that you won't be able to log in to your account on another console and play the game. The same way current 360 DLC or XBLA or online passes or Steam or any system works when they require a once off registration code.

I mean, obviously I could be wrong but I'm just applying conjecture to the same level as the opposing views.

Did they say if Xbox Live will keep costing money?
They implied it. But by very fact that they didn't mention otherwise says that it will. And why wouldn't they? People buy it.

Mastadon

Banned
It's also to completely ignore what I said, which is that nowhere -- that I saw -- does the Kotaku article mention that you won't be able to log in to your account on another console and play the game. The same way current 360 DLC or XBLA or online passes or Steam or any system works when they require a once off registration code.

I mean, obviously I could be wrong but I'm just applying conjecture to the same level as the opposing views.

Your logic isn't welcomed here.

kharma45

Apparently you can do that, or at least I believe I read that.

Salvadora

Sony doesn't have to do anything basically. They can just sit and watch MS playing with a fork and a power outlet while Nintendo is off somewhere eating glue.

What a great position to be in.

From the looks of it the PS4 ain't gonna be cheap.

I think both companies are going to be in for a rough ride.

Your logic isn't welcomed here.
Apparently not.

Apparently you can do that, or at least I believe I read that.
I'll eat my hat/s if you can't.

Anyway, I'll presumably buy Xbox One assuming the people I play with do. If everybody jumps ship to Sony I will too. Just don't see the point in people claiming MS have some how drastically messed up because they've offered additional features that you aren't forced to use.

Geez... there's even more:

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

phil%20harrison.jpg

this thing definitely won't sell south of the US.

kharma45

Even if it is always online it wouldn't bother me, if my internet goes down (which it has about once or twice) I'm sure I can find something else to do other than play video games.

Salvadora

Nope, but I'm expecting a more reasonably price than the last generation.

£379 would be a good price point for them, still too much though for me.

The big question will be if the consumer who generally only buys Call of Duty or Fifa has any incentive spend £379-odds on either of these machines.

kharma45

Everyone should just buy a Vita

I'd rather just gamble the money for one, it'd be more fun.

The big question will be if the consumer who generally only buys Call of Duty or Fifa has any incentive spend £379-odds on either of these machines.

Initially no, just like the last generation. They won't sell all that well I would imagine until the first price drop.

I'll not be buying in for a good while, at least first price drop if not first hardware revision. Even then, I've seen nothing in them that makes me want one at all.

Linius

Why would they force us to go online once every 24 hours? Sometimes my Xbox isn't online for many weeks. I hate all that online stuff they want force on us.

kharma45

Gaming side is such a cluster fuck just random threads everywhere

Apparently I was in denial because I said something positive about the Xbox.

Why would they force us to go online once every 24 hours? Sometimes my Xbox isn't online for many weeks. I hate all that online stuff they want force on us.

Anti piracy. Should be like Steam though, it's like once a week iirc.

L1NETT

Right just went out for an hour and came back....

Sounds like ONE massive piece of shit.

Required to be online once every 24 hours? Must connect to activate games? Used game fee?

I just can;t......

Edit: Agreed TC! They need to consolidate all the news into one thread.

that's not the issue people have.

you have a Xbox 1. a friend visits you with his copy of, say, FIFA.

he logs in on his account on your console, you play, you drink tea, fish and chips, all that.

then you ask:

"friend, can i borrow your copy FIFA"

"sure m8!"

and when you log in on your account to play your friend's copy of FIFA that he lend you, you have to pay 60€ to activate it online.

that last sentence is the issue here.

Salvadora

Initially no, just like the last generation. They won't sell all that well I would imagine until the first price drop.

I'll not be buying in for a good while, at least first price drop if not first hardware revision. Even then, I've seen nothing in them that makes me want one at all.

They'll be hamstrung by these cross gen titles, I reckon.

GorillaJu

Guys are you really upset about having to connect your console at least once a day? What is it that bothers you so much about it?

There are some things that I don't approve of in regards to XB1, but I don't see the fuss in having to connect once a day.

Linius

Still wondering if Watch Dogs is worth buying the current gen version. Is current gen the native platform in the development of this game?

kharma45

Guys are you really upset about having to connect your console at least once a day? What is it that bothers you so much about it?

There are some things that I don't approve of in regards to XB1, but I don't see the fuss in having to connect once a day.

People want something to complain about even though it'll only affect a minority.

Still wondering if Watch Dogs is worth buying the current gen version. Is current gen the native platform in the development of this game?

PC is the lead.

Linius

I only have one internet cable going to my room so most of the time my Xbox is offline. It seems like a chore to need to switch cables every 24 hours because MS wants me to.

PC is the lead.

Mkay. I'll just wait and see. Still a long wait :p

Honestly me neither. For me personally it wouldn't be an issue. The internet just needs something to make a huge fuss about. Hyperbole on GAF? Quelle surprise

What if I don't want to turn it on every day? What if I go on holiday?

GorillaJu

The Skype integration and the instant flipping between OSs and functions look really good.

Since I don't live in the US, I won't be getting an XB1. But I'm still mildly interested in how it works. I'm sure it'll be smooth and well-designed in terms of the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom