• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished tea.

Jesus that was fucking diabolical. Spent most of the conference talking about TV, then when they did show any games they were the shit. Fifa? Target render. COD? Cod. That weird fucking TV game. What's with all the fucking TV? Forza? Cars, yawn.

"Xbox, lose your audience"

Your mates must have been pissed!

Why is it so ugly if it's supposed to be part of the home entertainment shelf? Bleh.
That EA trailer looks stale as fuck.

ozF2ZUy.png

Götze had to stop training today because of his injury. I'll be fucking pissed if he starts on Saturday.

Too bad Klopp didn't test Sahin on 6, with Gündogan on 10 (edit: in the hoffenshit game) :(

L1NETT

Jovetic getting close to being a Gunner. Know THAT would be a good signing.

Sprinkle in Wanyama and a healthy topping of a top striker and that might be a team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I feel bad for Massimo Carrera. Not because he's going to prison, but for being found guilty of taking two innocent lives. (involuntary manslaughter)

How can you shake off something like this?

Arnie

So Arsenal are interested in Winsten Reid.

And reports in the Dutch media that Juventus doped during the Champions League win in 1996.

Strange bit of football news tonight.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
While 30M is grossly overpaying for Jovetic, they're still getting a class player. I'm sure they'll love him!
3AQmK.gif

So Arsenal are interested in Winsten Reid.

And reports in the Dutch media that Juventus doped during the Champions League win in 1996.

Strange bit of football news tonight.

Oh great this again. They had fucking Davids for starters.

And they lost on penalties.

We need Gündogan in a more defensive role, I'd rather use Großkreutz to be honest.

Also, looks like Piszczek could be out for 4 months after his hip surgery... Maybe a chance for Koch?

Yeah, I guess so too. A Sahin / Gündogan midfield would surprise the shit out of Bayern and would make it very resistant to pressing, too bad Klopp won't attempt it.

Honestly, he played like butt for Duisburg after the injury. Lacks speed/strength. I feel like Großkreutz is the true RB bu/Piszczek successor. I think he'll be sold tbh.

Tc91

While 30M is grossly overpaying for Jovetic, they're still getting a class player. I'm sure they'll love him!
3AQmK.gif

I haven't seen much of Jovetic but:
Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
Underwhelmed by Jovetic rumours. He's scored 39 goals for Fiorentina in 133 games over 5 seasons. I'd rather spend £30m on @WayneRooney .

Isn't that a bit shitty?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Falcao to Monaco is done, according to the French club's general manager.

tc91 said:
Isn't that a bit shitty?

It's a bit shitty if he was as old as Rooney and was actually a fucking striker.

Linius

Oh great this again. They had fucking Davids for starters.

And they lost on penalties.

This shit again? It's official now for the first time. Though it was pretty obvious that you guys kept going like crazies. Too bad there's no way to claim this cup after all.

I was always wondering, are you Juve fans proud of the stuff you guys won while doping and bribing in the more recent years? It would be very hard for me to support a club that does that kind of shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This shit again? It's official now for the first time. Though it was pretty obvious that you guys kept going like crazies. Too bad there's no way to claim this cup after all.

I was always wondering, are you Juve fans proud of the stuff you guys won while doping and bribing in the more recent years? It would be very hard for me to support a club that does that kind of shit.

What bribing?

Let's all pretend no one doped in the 90s shall we? :)

It would be very hard for me to support a club that does that kind of shit

Yet you support Barca. Their players DID test positive for many stuff unlike our players.

YOUR FRANK DE BOER tested positive.

Linius

What bribing?

Yet you support Barca. Their players DID test positive for many stuff unlike our players.

Well that's not true. It's now official Juve players were doped as fuck during the '96 final.

And you are still guilty of wearing bloody ugly kits, but that's some other matter to discuss.

FootballFan

What bribing?

YOUR FRANK DE BOER tested positive.

Yurt pls. When Linius makes negative comments towards Juve, think of him as an Ajax fan. The positive comments come from the Barca fan inside him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt pls. When Linius makes negative comments towards Juve, think of him as an Ajax fan. The positive comments come from the Barca fan inside him.

Again, players who OFFICIALLY tested positive.

FRANK DE BOER. (Ajax / Barcelona)

CHRISTOPHE DUGARRY (Barcelona).

EDGAR DAVIDS (Ajax / Juventus).

JOSEP GUARDIOLA (Barcelona)

Case fucking closed. Yes, I'm proud we doped better than the rest and tested negative.

Yeah, I guess so too. A Sahin / Gündogan midfield would surprise the shit out of Bayern and would make it very resistant to pressing, too bad Klopp won't attempt it.

Honestly, he played like butt for Duisburg after the injury. Lacks speed/strength. I feel like Großkreutz is the true RB bu/Piszczek successor. I think he'll be sold tbh.

It could work but Gündogan is way too good at the moment to risk him playing bad on a different position. If Sahin was back to his 10/11 form already, I'd risk it, unfortunately, he isn't.

I must admit I haven't watched that much of him this season. But truth to be told, it would have been insane for him to play like he did before the injury. Considering we wouldn't get much for Koch, it could be worth a try for both sides to stay at BVB for another season. Buy a LB backup and let Großkreutz and Koch fight for starting RB for the first half of the season. Or at least give him a proper pre-season with Klopp and see how that works out.

Linius

Case fucking closed. Yes, I'm proud we doped better than the rest and tested negative.

Well you know that De Boer's test is even in doubt by the anti dope agency WADA.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well you know that De Boer's test is even in doubt by the anti dope agency WADA.

Meh, EVERYONE doped in the 90's. It's no secret. Roma, Marseille, Lazio, United, Inter, Ajax, Liverpool, Parma, Barcelona, Madrid, Deportivo, Sociedad, Valencia...EVERYONE.

Preach it Yurt.

ibeNikfx8jJm3C.gif

Linius

Meh, EVERYONE doped in the 90's. It's no secret. Roma, Marseille, Lazio, United, Inter, Ajax, Barcelona, Madrid, Deportivo, Sociedad, Valencia...EVERYONE.

I wanted to see what would happen if I drop this in a subtle way. It seems your reaction is writing in caps and bold. It was fun Yurt :D

Really, nobody cares for that cup any more, nothing we can do about it now :p

Carbonox

"I mean, videocalling with my family on Skype while we watch a Husker game sounds like a dream" - James Stevenson

:lol :lol :lol

Cos you can't fucking doing that unless you buy an Xbox One.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I wanted to see what would happen if I drop this in a subtle way. It seems your reaction is writing in caps and bold. It was fun Yurt :D

Really, nobody cares for that cup any more, nothing we can do about it now :p

WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE

(to be fair the caps was directly copied from the article)

Arnie

That Xbox reveal was even worse than I expected. Jesus.

I don't even know why GAF's running so slow. There's fuck all to discuss.

Was basically a presentation about television. Even the games were television. Halo television. A game by Remedy that was... television. Very, very poor.

Scum

Just caught up with thread.
Looooooooooool!

I knew I wouldn't miss much. So FUT is exclusive? Fuck off, EA.

£15m for Carroll, eh? Not bad.

Linius

WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE

(to be fair the caps was directly copied from the article)

GPqO6Ji.jpg

Just caught up with thread.
Looooooooooool!

I knew I wouldn't miss much. So FUT is exclusive? Fuck off, EA.

£15m for Carroll, eh? Not bad.

It seems FUT is not exclusive after all, just some exclusive content for MS inside FUT.

Zabojnik

I feel bad for Massimo Carrera. Not because he's going to prison, but for being found guilty of taking two innocent lives. (involuntary manslaughter)

How can you shake off something like this?

Well, it was an accident. He was driving within the speed limit, he was sober, it was the middle of the night. He's got that to hold on to, at least. I very much doubt he's going to prison, btw. He'll probably get a conditional sentence and have to pay damages to the families of the two victims.

Linius

I really want a good CL draw this season so we can finally make it past the winter in the CL. And for fucks sake please no R. Madrid this time. Let Barca come over here to slaughter us instead, then I can see Messi play.

It could work but Gündogan is way too good at the moment to risk him playing bad on a different position. If Sahin was back to his 10/11 form already, I'd risk it, unfortunately, he isn't.

I must admit I haven't watched that much of him this season. But truth to be told, it would have been insane for him to play like he did before the injury. Considering we wouldn't get much for Koch, it could be worth a try for both sides to stay at BVB for another season. Buy a LB backup and let Großkreutz and Koch fight for starting RB for the first half of the season. Or at least give him a proper pre-season with Klopp and see how that works out.

Yeah, I guess Klopp will sure as hell keep it safe and bring on Gündogan/Bender while Sahin will be the secret weapon if we're behind and the times runs out.

Yes, keep him over the summer to see where it goes, but I'm just saying, I don't think he'll ever regain his physicality :(
We do absolutely need a backup for LB (Erik Pieters?)

LTWheels

I did like the new controller. Force feedback triggers sound cool.

I do like the multitasking stuff and how you can have multiple games and apps suspended. Will just have to wait till E3 for the games.

If they have that fantasy football app for 'normal football', ill be all over that with Sky Sports and BT Sports next season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, it was an accident. He was driving within the speed limit, he was sober, it was the middle of the night. He's got that to hold on to, at least. I very much doubt he's going to prison, btw. He'll probably get a conditional sentence and have to pay damages to the families of the two victims.

I hope so. :(

I know the circumstances and the two girls were drunk too but still.. two people died. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom