• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guardian sport ‏@guardian_sport 48s
Borussia Dortmund's Mario Götze ruled out of Champions League final …

Mario Götze: In the Bundesliga this season, Dortmund have won 65.2% of their matches with Götze starting, compared to just...

36.4% without him.

Salvadora

Former City and USA international midfielder Claudio Reyna has been announced as New York City FC director of football.

Isn't City sending some of their players off to New York on loan? Good way to get them off your wage books with FFP approaching.

Scum

If Moyesey is going to play Kagawa as a AML, then I'll welcome him at Spurs. :p

--------- Benteke --------
Bale --- Kagawa --- Lennon
--- Holtby --- Sandro ---

Manager of the Year - AVB
Balloon door - Benteke

Get to work, Levy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
UEFA rankings for 2014.

BK4DHfDCAAAq3NB.jpg:large

SAVE US SEEDORF

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BH3Gf2iCMAE-nLw.jpg:large[IMG]

Turns out there is a Supporter's Club in Dallas. Pretty decent turnout! Shame it's 3 hours away..[/QUOTE]

This is pretty cool. You should go for a final or the derby!

Meier

Isn't City sending some of their players off to New York on loan? Good way to get them off your wage books with FFP approaching.

Unlikely. Each club can only have a few players making more than around $100k per year (let alone per week) and the highest salary in the MLS is about $3.5 million or so (Thierry Henry) which is still a pittance compared to fairly moderate EPL wages. The team will loan out some youth players from the EDS to get them experience.

Lightning

Banned
Fuck these Tiago rumors. He needs to stay at Barca and keep Cesc out the team so we can get him back next season.
Don't think it matters. The way he's currently playing that will keep him out of the team. He's playing like he doesn't give a fuck and Barca will strengthen this summer making it harder for him. I want them to buy a world class striker please.

dc89

Fuck yeah, awesome decision. Fuck Götze. A half-assed Götze won't help us much.

Mario Götze: In the Bundesliga this season, Dortmund have won 65.2% of their matches with Götze starting, compared to just...

36.4% without him.

I think Gündogan's rate is much higher. And that Götze statistic is flawed anyway considering most of the matches he missed were at the end of the season in which we didn't really care about the Bundesliga anymore.

Meier

Btw Dortmund and Chelsea-GAF.. no clue how true this is, just saw it in the comments section of an article:

Whoop whoop !! Romelu Lukaku just said to the German press he would like to join Dortmund with Kevin De Bruyne if Chelsea buy New Strikers. Nur der BVB echte liebe!!

They got Llorente too.

Llorente and Higuain are two pretty good strikers. Not RUMBO level okay - still a massive upgrade on what they have now though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

We "found agreement with Higuain" days if not weeks ago. It was always about Madrid.

They want 25-30 and we're only offering 22. Buying him *now* makes no sense considering we're still in for Tevez and Jovetic.

Arnie

Badstuber is out for 10 months.

Will miss most, maybe even all, of next season. He missed most of this season too.
As I said before, I feel really sorry for him.

He was brilliant, too. If Kelly has a recurrence of his injury I'll be distraught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom