• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

Ronaldo The Proof. He was much more entertaining at ManUtd. What a player.
Yep. Can't really shine when you're constantly surround by terrible players. Just look at Messi when his Barca or Argentina teammates are having a bad day, that's pretty much what Ronaldo has to deal with week after week now at Madrid.

Linius

BK3hWT6CEAE50B8.jpg:large

This is good :lol

Meier

We "found agreement with Higuain" days if not weeks ago. It was always about Madrid.

They want 25-30 and we're only offering 22. Buying him *now* makes no sense considering we're still in for Tevez and Jovetic.

Do you really think you guys would pay Tevez the wage he'd require? I think a fee could definitely be agreed with City but I think that would be the sticking point. My guess is he moves to France.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta please buy Senad Lulic.

Do you really think you guys would pay Tevez the wage he'd require? I think a fee could definitely be agreed with City but I think that would be the sticking point. My guess is he moves to France.

No way in hell. He's in the same boat as Ibra - too old to justify his demands.

WJD

De Gea montage <3

Martin Tyler though, what a cunt: last minute winner in a local derby between the two top teams after being 2-0 ahead by the man who could have been playing for the team he scored against... and he sounds so unexcited.

yet ZABALETAAAAAAAAAAA

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sky Italia: The arrival of one of Tevez & Higuain would exclude the other, but not Jovetic.

Sky Italia: Jovetic wants to join Juventus, and has told his agent to deal with Juventus first.

Makes sense. Conte asked for TWO strikers and not one.

According to reports they completely removed his ACL
and will insert a new one/ replacement sometime later

sometime later

I'm sorry but this is too funny
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Some brilliant news:

Stiliyan Petrov will take up a new role as assistant to development coach Gordon Cowans, the Club are delighted to confirm.

Villa's 33-year-old former captain announced his retirement on May 9, 2013 having battled successfully against acute leukaemia.

The 'Support Stan' campaign reached an emotional climax when a packed Villa Park paid special tribute following the home game against Chelsea on May 11, a scene which was warmly repeated last Sunday at Wigan's DW Stadium.

With his leukaemia in remission since August 2012, Villa's new assistant development coach is determined to pass on his experience on and off the field to the next generation of players emerging through the Club's highly-regarded Academy system.

"I'm very excited by this new challenge and I wish to thank the Club and the manager, Paul Lambert, for giving me the opportunity to continue my association with Villa, which I have always regarded as a privilege," Petrov said.

"I will study for my coaching badges over the coming months and I am looking forward very much to working with Gordon Cowans, someone I know and respect, a true Villa legend.

"My hope is that I can assist Gordon through my own experience in the game and that I can help the young lads to progress, become better players and better human beings. There are important values that we have always stood for at the Club and we will continue to do so.

"As I have said several times recently, the Club has been amazing with me, from the fans to the Chairman, Randy Lerner, the chief executive, Paul Faulkner, the manager and the players, as well as staff at Bodymoor and Villa Park.

"The main thing for me, however, is that it is not for sentimental reasons that I will be taking up this role but because I have something to contribute and I really want to do this.

"The manager allowed me to sit on the bench on Sunday at Wigan so that I could get some perspective from the coaching and management side. I travelled with the team and was able to see close-hand and from a new viewpoint just how the first team prepares for a game and he many elements during a game. I'm looking forward to imparting some of my knowledge and continuing to learn as I grow into the role.

"Everyone knows that the Villa fans have been magnificent all the way with me and, one more, a big and genuine thank you to you all. But I want to take this opportunity to thank the Wigan fans also. I was shocked by how incredible the response was from all of the fans when I walked back on the pitch after Sunday's game. Everybody stayed, everybody stood and everybody applauded. It was a very powerful demonstration of how united football can be.

"So thank you to the Wigan fans and thank you to Wigan Football Club for making Sunday even more special for me.

"Finally, thank you to football fans everywhere because I know how fans of so many clubs in many countries have accepted me into their hearts and stood by me during my illness.

"My gratitude will hopefully be evident from what I intend to put back in the game with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my ability."

In addition to achieving the highest status of the Barclays Premier League Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) in an independent audit of the Club's youth development programmes during the 2012-13 season, the Villa Academy emerged as the No.1 ranked Academy in the country.

Cowans and Petrov have the task of nurturing these talented youngsters through to a level at which they may be capable of stepping up to the first team squad.

Villa manager Paul Lambert said: "I'm delighted that Stiliyan will be assisting Gordon when the new season gets under way and, as much as he's offered this football club in a distinguished playing career, I know he'll have more still to offer in the years to come through what he will be able to impart to the younger lads.

"I had this thought in my head, I spoke to Randy and to Paul about it and we're all really pleased that Stiliyan accepted the role.

"He has a great deal to offer, first and foremost because of the way he is as a guy. He's always been one of the most committed, dedicated and driven individuals and he's always strived to be successful.

"As an international player, too, he' been around the block. He's been the captain at a big club and he's captained his national team, Bulgaria, so his knowledge is of the highest order.

"The scenes on Sunday after our final game of the season at Wigan and the scenes immediately following our final home game against Chelsea served to emphasise how deeply the bond goes between Stiliyan and this club. It was moving and it was a measure of the man.

"His qualities will be put to good, practical use now and he'll have a key role to play for Villa, that's for sure."

Wes

venison crêpe
Hooray for Petrov! Love that he's getting involved in the academy, one of our best assets in my opinion.

fuenf

so his career is pretty much done?

nah not neccessarily, iirc the new one can be stronger than the old one. But 1,5 years off is a long time and rehab will be crazy hard. Time's on his side because he's relatively young but I wouldnt bet on him playing the 2014 WC.

pulga

Banned
A Malaga rep has confirmed Real Madrid's interest in Isco. Yes, please!

AS is also reporting we're still throwing in for Bale, Cavani and Vidal.

I feel a gigantic hard on.

pulga

Banned
Don't think it matters. The way he's currently playing that will keep him out of the team. He's playing like he doesn't give a fuck and Barca will strengthen this summer making it harder for him. I want them to buy a world class striker please.

Thiago aint leaving his Dos Santos' lovenest.

Meier

Those shoes.. :lol

He's young and could move to Madrid at a later date if he wanted. There's really little to no guarantee on his playing time there while we know that Pellegrini would put him in the first team at City. He'd be smart to stick with the guy who has helped shape his career and to continue to improve under him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Isco: 25M+
Bale: 40M+
Cavani: 62M+
Vidal: 50M+

The city of Madrid will starve to death.

pulga

Banned
Isco: 25M+
Bale: 40M+
Cavani: 62M+
Vidal: 50M+

The city of Madrid will starve to death.

Apparently, we have 150 million free to spend so lololololol

I so badly want Vidal at Madrid but I dont want to fuck Juve over either. Cant we just go after Gundogan?

bud

They got Llorente too.

Llorente and Higuain are two pretty good strikers. Not RUMBO level okay - still a massive upgrade on what they have now though.

higuain is absolutely awful, dude. llorente isn't exactly world class either, but he's definitely a better footballer than higuain.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

how can you buy something that isn't for sale

6a01156fb5bd0d970c011570cd0ce6970c-800wi

Preordered my Xbox one :p

Why would you pre-order a console before seeing the games? A CGI Forza video really isn't enough for me these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom