• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Juventus need a world class striker, not fucking Higuain

Higuain on form is a pretty good finisher. Just what Juve need.

higuain is absolutely awful, dude. llorente isn't exactly world class either, but he's definitely a better footballer than higuain.

I don't want to sound like I'm doing preemptive damage control, but one year ago the majority* of Footy-GAF was going more or less gaga over Higuain, Real fans first and foremost. At the very least, most regarded him as a quality striker, if not exactly top 5 material. One bad season and he's suddenly the fucking worst? I don't think so. He's not Falcao or Cavani, granted. But I think he could work very well for us, being pretty much guaranteed a starting position. I'd take almost anyone over Matri, Giovinco and Quaglia (I actually think they're all solid strikers, just not ones that should be starters in a club like Juve) and Higuain doesn't exactly strike me as 'anybody'. So if that's who we'll sign in the end, I'll be alright with it.

*I have no hard evidence of this, but that's how it felt to me at the time

nah not neccessarily, iirc the new one can be stronger than the old one. But 1,5 years off is a long time and rehab will be crazy hard. Time's on his side because he's relatively young but I wouldnt bet on him playing the 2014 WC.

People always say this, but how many players that suffered a major (or more than one, like Rossi) cruciate ligament injury have we seen return to their former physical glory? Genuine question. Del Piero was never the same outwordly player after his injury in 1998. He had to bulk up and learned to compensate thanks to his talent, but still. Never the same. And I may be wrong here, but Jovetic might be another example. As (pretty) good as he's been this past year and a half, the pre-knee injury Jovetic from 2009/2010 was a different beast. I realize that it takes time to recuperate from such a nasty injury - just look at Isla, it's been a year and he's nowhere near his Udinese form - but I wonder ... And that's without mentioning Ronaldo. So who are the positive examples?

Splatt

Higuain is average nowadays. Maybe it's because of all the bad blood in RM, dunno...

Still, he's better than the strikers Juve currently have, but I don't think he's the solution they need in that position.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zabo.
3AQmK.gif

Higuain is class don't worry baby.
3AQmK.gif

He IS one of the world's best strikers and in the top 20 at the very least. Had a shit season, just like Rooney's (and Drogba for that matter) biennial shit seasons.

Carbonox

The fuck happened in Woolwich? Terrorist attack? Sounds a bit primitive given what we're used to when you think of a terrorist attack but that doesn't matter, crazy shit nonetheless.

Fergie

Banned
Might as well get a fucking Ouya as well, take the chumpness to the max :p

Xbox One: TV Tuner
PS4: Games console
Ouya: Android game console
WiiU: Eat your dinner off it.

And a PC for the deals. Sorted for forever.

The fuck happened in Woolwich? Terrorist attack? Sounds a bit primitive given what we're used to when you think of a terrorist attack but that doesn't matter, crazy shit nonetheless.
Seems it is being treated as a terror attack. Hearing the men might be religious?

Higuain is good. Capable of being great, also capable of being poor for a sustained period. He will always get chances though if you give him semi-decent service.

Zabo.
3AQmK.gif

Higuain is class don't worry baby.
3AQmK.gif

He IS one of the world's best strikers and in the top 20 at the very least. Had a shit season, just like Rooney's (and Drogba for that matter) biennial shit seasons.

Yurt, you're just in denial. 8 goals in 48 CL appearances. Which were the good years exactly?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But you guys have shown that you don't need any strikers to win in Serie A. Higuain would just be a waste of money. :p

All our strikers are almost 30, it's cash in now or never. (Iaquintaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)

And you never know, he's still 25, Llorente will show him the way of the lion in the CL.

Lichtsteiner to Real ? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Relax we're gonna extend his contract.

Koko

Banned
I don't want to sound like I'm doing preemptive damage control, but one year ago the majority* of Footy-GAF was going more or less gaga over Higuain, Real fans first and foremost. At the very least, most regarded him as a quality striker, if not exactly top 5 material. One bad season and he's suddenly the fucking worst? I don't think so. He's not Falcao or Cavani, granted. But I think he could work very well for us, being pretty much guaranteed a starting position. I'd take almost anyone over Matri, Giovinco and Quaglia (I actually think they're all solid strikers, just not ones that should be starters in a club like Juve) and Higuain doesn't exactly strike me as 'anybody'. So if that's who we'll sign in the end, I'll be alright with it.

*I have no hard evidence of this, but that's how it felt to me at the time

Praise Yeezus, couldn't agree more.

bud23

pls. pls b tru.

wut. Rooney is a world class player. He´s really underrated. One of the most versatile and inteligent players in the world.

I´m not surprised he has been indolent and lazy this season, Ferguson treated him like shit. Pygmalion effect.

The best United player. Probably the best player in the entire Premier. Just speaking the truth.

Salvadora

wut. Rooney is a world class player. He´s really underrated. One of the most versatile and inteligent players in the world.

I´m not surprised he has been indolent and lazy this season, Ferguson treated him like shit. Pygmalion effect.

The best United player. Probably the best player in the entire Premier. Just speaking the truth.

I actually thought Ferguson has treated him fairly well considering the state he has been in this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom