• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

I feel sad for Götze, he doesnt deserve this shit. He never said he'd never leave to club or anything like that.

He does deserve this shit.

He's jumping clubs for financial gain and he did so at a time when his team, those that support him and pay his wages, needed him the most.

fuenf

He does deserve this shit.

He's jumping clubs for financial gain and he did so at a time when his team, those that support him and pay his wages, needed him the most.

Not only financial gain, he's moving to a bigger club to train under Pep. And is it his fault that he had to execute the release clause by the 30th of April? According to Rummenigge ManCity leaked the transfer.

fuenf

I don't know if Götze missing is really a disadvantage for them. I doubt they'll outplay Bayern, they'll need to outfight them and (not fully fit) Götze isnt the right guy for that.

pulga

Banned
Are you a Bayern fan as well Pulga?

20120416100heyckens_d.jpg

It's past your bedtime, Arnold, my dear.

spidye

I will watch the game with other people and I don't post here when I'm in public. :)

Not only financial gain, he's moving to a bigger club to train under Pep. And is it his fault that he had to execute the release clause by the 30th of April? According to Rummenigge ManCity leaked the transfer.

I've read that berlusconi leaked the hiring of pep.

classic berlusconi

Arnie

Mostly money.

It's not like he can compete for hugely different honours at Bayern. Dortmund are Champions League finalists and domestic winners last season. Why would you want to train with Pep when you've got Kloppo?
20120416100heyckens_d.jpg

It's past your bedtime, Arnold, my dear.
I couldn't tell you who managed Real Madrid in 2004, let alone 1954.

Kicker says Sokratis to Dortmund! :D

SRxwQAq.jpg

That's awesome, not because he's a good Santana sub, but also because he played RB and DM from time to time at Bremen.

/fuck Götze
//death to Bayern

pulga

Banned
Mostly money.

It's not like he can compete for hugely different honours at Bayern. Dortmund are Champions League finalists and domestic winners last season. Why would you want to train with Pep when you've got Kloppo?

I couldn't tell you who managed Real Madrid in 2004, let alone 1954.

Lol, Heynckes gave us our seventh CL after a long, long, long wait. The stupid, superstitious sucker in me wants to believe he can be our lucky charm. Plus, Bayern have been playing stupidly sexy football for the last couple of years. I've no idea why Ancelotti is the #1 candidate over Jupp.

And you're completely right, Gotze is a money hungry cunt of the highest order.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol, Heynckes gave us our seventh CL after a long, long, long wait. The stupid, superstitious sucker in me wants to believe he can be our lucky charm. Plus, Bayern have been playing stupidly sexy football for the last couple of years. I've no idea why Ancelotti is the #1 candidate over Jupp.

To be fair, Juve did.

FootballFan

A Malaga rep has confirmed Real Madrid's interest in Isco. Yes, please!

AS is also reporting we're still throwing in for Bale, Cavani and Vidal.

I feel a gigantic hard on.

He would flop hard for you guys
I hope
, Man City would be much better if Pellegrini is indeed going.

fuenf

Don't forget that Heynckes has managed 3 CL campaigns and reached the final 3 times.

SRxwQAq.jpg

That's awesome, not because he's a good Santana sub, but also because he played RB and DM from time to time at Bremen.

/fuck Götze
//death to Bayern

yeah keep buying all the good Bundesliga players ;)

Meier

LMAO, if you believe that you're nuts. The Bayern talking heads have been shitting on Man City all year, naturally they'd use any excuse possible to come up with something new to throw against the wall. I love it.

And if it had to be done by April 30th, then it should have been done on April 29th, not the day before a UCL semi-final. Bayern Munich fans are hilarious, they'll eat anything up. Gotze is a judas and yes, he deserves any and all the shit he is getting over this transfer.

SRxwQAq.jpg

Well, can't say I'm all that excited. 10m+ for him is too much for me...

Edit: Oh, I see he's played the first half of last season as RB. Makes kinda sense then with Piszczek out.

fuenf

LMAO, if you believe that you're nuts. The Bayern talking heads have been shitting on Man City all year, naturally they'd use any excuse possible to come up with something new to throw against the wall. I love it.

And if it had to be done by April 30th, then it should have been done on April 29th, not the day before a UCL semi-final. Bayern Munich fans are hilarious, they'll eat anything up. Gotze is a judas and yes, he deserves any and all the shit he is getting over this transfer.

It was done before the Malaga game.... Bayern / Dortmund arent at fault that it was leaked to the public. Bayern wanted to make it public after the first leg of the semis. But who cares? It's not like it influenced the Bayern or Dortmund players in a negative way.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Fuck me I've never seen Meier angry. This could be a glorious night!

jon-popcorn.gif

FootballFan

I don't want to sound like I'm doing preemptive damage control, but one year ago the majority* of Footy-GAF was going more or less gaga over Higuain, Real fans first and foremost. At the very least, most regarded him as a quality striker, if not exactly top 5 material. One bad season and he's suddenly the fucking worst? I don't think so. He's not Falcao or Cavani, granted. But I think he could work very well for us, being pretty much guaranteed a starting position. I'd take almost anyone over Matri, Giovinco and Quaglia (I actually think they're all solid strikers, just not ones that should be starters in a club like Juve) and Higuain doesn't exactly strike me as 'anybody'. So if that's who we'll sign in the end, I'll be alright with it.

*I have no hard evidence of this, but that's how it felt to me at the time

Exactly, have you seen Higuain for Argentina or for Madrid before this season? He is a beast. Don't blame him for playing badly, I feel sorry that he had to play with Mourinho as the coach, poor guy.

Higuain would be a good signing for Juve.

B2sEy44.jpg

Marca have you linked with these 4 players.

I hope they get all 4 and get destroyed by Thiago the following season.

Arnie

I signed Sokratis on FM for Napoli and he was a loyal and exceptional performer for me during my four year spell at the club.

He's not BIG PAPA, though.

looool at least you admit it, you must be the biggest console fanboy in this thread haha
No that's easily Blaburn.

Have you see his Twitter?

It's just weird.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marca is reporting that Juve and Real Madrid are negotiating for Gonzalo Higuain, but that Marotta is trying to lower the price. I don’t know what’s more depressing — signing Real’s leftovers or not being able to afford their leftovers.

iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Arnie

Because he made a move that will only improve his career?

That's what you should call all the players that go to RM.

Imagine if Liverpool did really well under Rodgers, won the league last season, were in the Champions League final this year, and then Suso announces he's off to United.

yeah keep buying all the good Bundesliga players ;)
You don't get it.

Well, can't say I'm all that excited. 10m+ for him is too much for me...

Edit: Oh, I see he's played the first half of last season as RB. Makes kinda sense then with Piszczek out.
Indeed, he played a lot in RB and with Piszczek out, he'll replace him while Kevin remains the "mutli-backup" while slowly being built towards the RB role (hopefully).
He's also a great CB with int. experience, mang (so 10m is fine imho). Just because he's no 190 doesn't mean he's not good enough :p

/I want Lewa to Chelsea for dat Lukaku/KDB swap :D

pulga

Banned
Because he made a move that will only improve his career?

That's what you should call all the players that go to RM.

He's been Bundesliga champ two years straight and has currently reached the CL final with Dortmund.

I don't see how it's possibly improving his career. It's more like a lateral move, but with a bigger paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom