• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

If you don't see Bayern having more of a promising short term future than Dortmund, then you haven't been watching football for the past months.

You could've used that exact justification last season to say that any Bayern player should jump ship to Dortmund, and look at the situation now. Football doesn't work that way. If a rival is better than you for eight months you don't just jump ship.

Well, you do if you're Mario Gotze.

Meier

Fuck me I've never seen Meier angry. This could be a glorious night!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/jon-popcorn.gif[img][/QUOTE]
Haha, I'm not mad but I find it funny how some clubs or people try and blame City for everything.

Bayern fans are completely delusional and have repeatedly tried to act like their club isn't essentially the big bad bogeyman of the Bundesliga.

Wilbur

Banned
There is only one excusable thing about Götze's move so far, and only one thing that can make it redeemable; respectively the fact he'll get to work under Guardiola and the apparent fact he's a fan of Bayern.

I certainly don't think Guardiola is any better than Klopp as a coach, but there's certainly a mythology about him now that means players will be keen to work with him, much as I can imagine Kagawa wanted to work under Ferguson after both having enjoyed time under Klopp. Similarly I can see Lukaku wanting to work under Klopp and I can also see him wanting to stay to work under Mourinho. The cult of the manager, despite what poor misguided confuziz tells us as his students eat raw chicken and pencils for lunch, is a strong one.

If he was a fan of the club, then there's no explanation necessary, because that's everyone's dream and I can excuse him for that.

Otherwise, it's tactless, disrespectful and ill timed in almost every other aspect.

fuenf

You could've used that exact justification last season to say that any Bayern player should jump ship to Dortmund, and look at the situation now. Football doesn't work that way. If a rival is better than you for eight months you don't just jump ship.

now it's getting ridiculous

Timurid

Haha, I'm not mad but I find it funny how some clubs or people try and blame City for everything.

Bayern fans are completely delusional and have repeatedly tried to act like their club isn't essentially the big bad bogeyman of the Bundesliga.

No Ongenda or Coman for you!!!!

pulga

Banned
If you don't see Bayern having more of a promising short term future than Dortmund, then you haven't been watching football for the past months.

What's so promising about it? You've just let a fantastic coach go in favor of bringing in a man who's never coached a team without the best player in the world in it. It could go terribly wrong.

There is only one excusable thing about Götze's move so far, and only one thing that can make it redeemable; respectively the fact he'll get to work under Guardiola and the apparent fact he's a fan of Bayern.

I certainly don't think Guardiola is any better than Klopp as a coach, but there's certainly a mythology about him now that means players will be keen to work with him, much as I can imagine Kagawa wanted to work under Ferguson after both having enjoyed time under Klopp. Similarly I can see Lukaku wanting to work under Klopp and I can also see him wanting to stay to work under Mourinho. The cult of the manager, despite what poor misguided confuziz tells us as his students eat raw chicken and pencils for lunch, is a strong one.

If he was a fan of the club, then there's no explanation necessary, because that's everyone's dream and I can excuse him for that.

Otherwise, it's tactless, disrespectful and ill timed in almost every other aspect.

Do you reckon we'll ever get a big transfer between Man Utd and Liverpool? Even though we're not rivals in the truest sense of the word and haven't been for a long time, you guys (thankfully) still kicked up a huge stink when we tried signing Heinze :D

Fry

Borussia won the title and still owned Bayern when it was face-to-face, but they weren't ultimately better. Bayern still reached a CL final and were ahead of Borussia for a long time in the table.

There wasn't a big gap in any terms. Many would've said Bayern still had a better squad, but Klopp was the big differencial.

lol at that Major Nelson interview - the answers are copy pasted from the MS FAQ:

OjOzGT9.png

h2ikX4w.png

spidye

and Marco Reus?

Wilbur

Banned
Do you reckon we'll ever get a big transfer between Man Utd and Liverpool? Even though we're not rivals in the truest sense of the word and haven't been for a long time, you guys (thankfully) still kicked up a huge stink when we tried signing Heinze :D

I hope not; it wouldn't please me to see anyone that's spend an extended period of time at United and breathed in the air that makes United United, actively want to play for Liverpool. And likewise; it would just smack of a lack of emotion when connected to the club or the sport. Maybe that's a good thing, but I'm a sentimental cunt.

Arnie

and Marco Reus?
You're clutching at straws with this one.

Monchengladbach exist on a completely different level to Dortmund; Reus left to win league titles and European cups. He's achieved one of those things, he might well achieve the other on Saturday.

Never thought my computer screen could almost swallow me.
Sorry, here's a less obtrusive gif that perfectly responds to your quote:

242.gif

FootballFan

Adriano renewed his contract til 2017.

Not bad. He does his job of filling in well enough. Just hope we don't get so many injuries that he starts most the time.

I hope not; it wouldn't please me to see anyone that's spend an extended period of time at United and breathed in the air that makes United United, actively want to play for Liverpool. And likewise; it would just smack of a lack of emotion when connected to the club or the sport. Maybe that's a good thing, but I'm a sentimental cunt.

Same. We'll take Vidic though, at a push :p

I think I could accept a player moving between us if they were a youth/reserve, or if they'd only been at the club for a year or so. Thinking about it, I don't recall anyone except for Owen who's played for both of us, even with one or more clubs in between.

Wilbur

Banned
Borussia won the title and still owned Bayern when it was face-to-face, but they weren't ultimately better Bayern still reached a CL final and were ahead of Borussia for a long time in the table.

There wasn't a big gap in any terms. Many would've said Bayern still had a better squad, but Klopp was the big differencial.

U wot m8

League progress is always the best indicator of a team's quality. By this argument, Chelsea were a better team than Bayern last year.

rodvik

To be fair to the kid he told the team he wanted to leave a couple of months ago so he didnt know they would be in the final. And lets face it as much as I want Dortmund to win, Bayern are probably the best team in Europe right now.

Yeah, the way richer clubs gut teams that develop talent is gut wrenching for fans. But all our clubs have done it including Dortmund.

Wilbur

Banned
Same. We'll take Vidic though, at a push :p

I think I could accept a player moving between us if they were a youth/reserve, or if they'd only been at the club for a year or so. Thinking about it, I don't recall anyone except for Owen who's played for both of us, even with one or more clubs in between.

Yeah, if they haven't been here long term then I wouldn't be necessarily worried, but what Owen did was pretty fucking low in my book. I'll always be grateful he scored that goal against City, but I wish it was almost anyone else that did.

If anyone brings up RVP as an example, then get fucked loooool. Arsenal have only been rivals due to similar quality in the last two decades, not actual rivals like I consider Liverpool and City.

Arnie

Sorry, just for clarity.

Borussia won the title and still owned Bayern when it was face-to-face, but they weren't ultimately better.

Borussia won the title and still owned Bayern when it was face-to-face, but they weren't ultimately better.

242.gif

fuenf

U wot m8

League progress is always the best indicator of a team's quality. By this argument, Chelsea were a better team than Bayern last year.

Kagawa was the reason, I cant believe how many times he saved their asses in the second half of the season. What a player! I wonder what happened to him this season... hm...

Borussia won the title and still owned Bayern when it was face-to-face, but they weren't ultimately better. Bayern still reached a CL final and were ahead of Borussia for a long time in the table.

No way were Bayern considered the better team last season or Dortmund's equal. Dortmund had just won the title the season before and maintained their superiority by beat Bayern in the league and cup.

If Bayern with two titles this season but Dortmund win the champion's league, I would still consider Bayern as being the better team. Although, Dortmund will get bragging rights, like you guys would have had last season had you guys won.

Pachimari

Seems like Real Madrid are negotiating for Isco and Cavani. Now get Carvajal and Veratti and call it a summer. No need for Isco really.

FootballFan

Oh right I forgot to post it here.

Auckland City are going to the Club World Cup again! They had to beat Waitakere City to qualify. Won 2-1.

What a moment.
they go every damn year lol

Wilbur

Banned
Kagawa was the reason, I cant believe how many times he saved their asses in the second half of the season. What a player! I wonder what happened to him this season... hm...

Joined a title winning side under a legendary manager that wasnt a direct rival and was a good boy dat did wot his daddy telled him too.

They were.

You finished behind Newcastle.

Alan Pardew's Newcastle.

Learn to read.

Meaningless. Man Utd were better than us in 08/09, Man City were better than Man Utd last season and Madrid were better than Barca last season. The end result is all that matters if you want to use words like 'ultimately,' unless there are an exceptional amount of dodgy decisions or docked points effecting the results

pulga

Banned
Still doesn't mean they were ultimately a better team.

Do you think United are ultimately better than City or even Chelsea?

What do fuck are you even arguing anymore? Of course they're the better team, just like BVB was the better team when they blasted Bayern two years straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom