• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't bother with facepacks (I turn off player pictures the second I install), but sortitoutsi has never done me wrong for badges, etc.

You just have to labour though one-click file hosters for an afternoon to get everything you want.

Make sure to get the Susie Real Names while you're there.

Suen

Might be a DC moment but...

Guilleme Balague says Madrid are willing to pay €100m for Neymar, to make sure he doesn't go to Barca. Barca want him to stick to their agreement.

Ronnie come home.
This is fucking crazy and a fucking waste. Neymar is talented and has the potential to become a top player in Europe and I wouldn't mind him at Madrid but not for that price, especially not when he's still unproven. He's not worth anything near that price and Madrid knows it as well, we just want to fuck with Barca. We could buy better players with all that money. Bunch of shitheads, Barca save us pls.

Wes

venison crêpe
UEFA should also stop the parachuting in of knocked out CL clubs. That diminishes the competition, too.

I completely agree but they've probably done some market research and found they make more money from the Europa League if the dropped out CL teams are participating.

I completely agree but they've probably done some market research and found they make more money from the Europa League if the dropped out CL teams are participating.
Of course, but it's still at odds with their stated goals of making a fairer playing field for the less wealthy and successful clubs.

"Fucked up your money-making CL spot? Fine, go beat up on the teams you already beat up on to get there in the first place, their fleeting chance at European glory be damned."

fuenf

Come on, there's bound to be a few ... overenthusiastic fans on both sides. I've written quite a bit of bullshit myself (such as the "next big likeable team" conspiracy). When it comes to stuff like this you shouldn't take it all too serious. There's also a nice "interview" of two fans (one for each time) on Zeit.de.

oops perhaps I should've added 'some' ;) but a mayor should know better than that...

Meier

Kids on the Slope is pretty cool.

I started watching another anime somewhat recently via Crunchyroll that I saw recommended on here but it didn't grab me (don't even remember the name of it.. it's about an alien helping some kid fish). Kids on the Slope is the only anime I've watched in probably 5 years that I couldn't stop. Amazing show. That team can do no wrong.

I don't bother with facepacks (I turn off player pictures the second I install)

Really? o_O Does it help make the game run faster? I might do that since most of my folks are regens at this point..

Pachimari

Seems like we are close to signing Isco actually. He may be our first signing.

But I don't think we'll hear anything from the Real Madrid camp until June 3, cause if nobody else than Perez is trying to run for presidency, then he will automatically continue as president, and then we might announce Ancelotti as our coach the same day.

Today reports also say Fabio Coentrao is on his way out (he just ain't THAT good when playing for Real) and Chelsea might want him for €18 million. I would keep him in Real to compete with Marcelo though. And then concentrate on getting that right-back (Carvajal).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm going to The Call in one hour! I fully expect to see Strama officially sacked after the movie.

Regarding #10: Give it to Vidal. ♥ it'll force him to stay for a few more years out of courtesy.

He'll never go there.

When we lose him, it'll be to a top European side who not only have the finances, but whom he can realistically win the CL with.
So Bayern after they sack Pep then? Il Trap will teach him
his
German.

Wes

venison crêpe
If any of you are really bored and want to listen to some interesting stories download the Footballer's Football Show Podcast and listen to how Paul Lambert ended up at Dortmund. It's enlightening about how transfers and agents and the interaction with the club can in a lot of regards be so bizarrely basic.

Really? o_O Does it help make the game run faster? I might do that since most of my folks are regens at this point..
It might make it run the tiniest, tiniest bit faster, but that's not why I do it. I just prefer not to have it distract me from decision-making. In the past I'd sometimes make transfer or selection decisions based on whether I liked the look of a player, and it annoyed me. Plus I hate the art for regens (FM in general could use a massive, massive design overhaul, but then that's not why I play it).

In a weird way, it immerses me more to use my imagination of what players might look like.

Meier

scoreboard.ashx

Cool picture. I was pretty impressed by the youngsters for both teams in the first half (although the Danish? Chelsea CB didn't seem to stand out much) -- I'd only heard of Rusnack in passing from reading EDS game reports but he looked pretty good! Nice pace and he was good with the ball at his feet. Needed to put a little more oomph into his passes though -- clearly wasn't used to how quickly PL defenders close down and intercept a ball.

Bo-Locks

London and aircraft are not having a good day today!

I'm an air traffic controller. Thank God I'm not working today. Typhoons scrambled to divert a passenger jet from Manchester to Stansted after a tip-off. Short haul flights to Heathrow cancelled. Both runways briefly closed at Heathrow. Complete clusterfuck.

dc89

I'm an air traffic controller. Thank God I'm not working today. Typhoons scrambled to divert a passenger jet from Manchester to Stansted after a tip-off. Short haul flights to Heathrow cancelled. Complete clusterfuck.

I bet that's a pretty damn interesting job!

Yeah! And that jet with the bust engine!

Some people on twitter posted images of the jets behind the plane! Pretty scary. And also an iOS app which tracks the flight and it just does a 270 degrees turn over the east of England and flies back to London.

I'm an air traffic controller. Thank God I'm not working today. Typhoons scrambled to divert a passenger jet from Manchester to Stansted after a tip-off. Short haul flights to Heathrow cancelled. Both runways briefly closed as Heathrow. Complete clusterfuck.

That sounds rad, but stressful.

Suen

More. The Europa League final will become one of the most anticipated matches in football with this new incentive.
It's a step in the right direction and the EL final will be much more entertaining for sure but I hope they gradually add more to it than just that. The whole "CL losers get to participate" need to be dropped though imo.

Not sure if it has been posted but the final official numbers were just revealed by Porto.

45M€ for James Rodriguez

25M€ for Moutinho

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's a step in the right direction and the EL final will be much more entertaining for sure but I hope they gradually add more to it than just that. The whole "CL losers get to participate" need to be dropped though imo.

I thought they already talked about doing that too? It's not right that teams can fail in the CL and then curb-stomp the Europa group stage teams with their CL-money squad.

I'm not just saying that because Spurs went out to Basel, the rules are the rules and we went out fair and square. But it devalues the competition when teams can get all the benefits of CL qualification, fail miserably in the group stage and get to take it out on the lesser teams in a different competition.

James Rodriguez and Moutinho deals are done. What an absolute waste of talent :lol

I ain't even mad. Tom Carroll > Moutinho

Suen

Seems like we are close to signing Isco actually. He may be our first signing.

But I don't think we'll hear anything from the Real Madrid camp until June 3, cause if nobody else than Perez is trying to run for presidency, then he will automatically continue as president, and then we might announce Ancelotti as our coach the same day.

Today reports also say Fabio Coentrao is on his way out (he just ain't THAT good when playing for Real) and Chelsea might want him for €18 million. I would keep him in Real to compete with Marcelo though. And then concentrate on getting that right-back (Carvajal).
Fabio Coentrao is average. Not bad, not great, an acceptable second choice really. I agree with keeping him to compete with Marcelo, we need to get back Carvajal as well. Isco will be a great signing but honestly I think a top striker should be our priority....because if we don't get any we better hope that Benz gets lots of play time + a miraculous season.

So Coentrao perhaps out, Higu is definitely going. Really hoped more from Higu but he's simply not made for Madrid. He's still a Madrid player so the least I can say is that I hope he can do much better at Juve if that's his destination.

Ushojax

What the fuck :lol absolute joke.

How much were Spurs prepared to pay for Moutinho?

I think we were going to pay around £23m which would be our record signing by some way. But Porto and Moutinho's owners dicked around at the last minuted and it fell through.

I really am not that bothered, there are lots of good midfielders out there and we already have one excellent young Modric-type coming through the youth team.

Suen

I thought they already talked about doing that too? It's not right that teams can fail in the CL and then curb-stomp the Europa group stage teams with their CL-money squad.

I'm not just saying that because Spurs went out to Basel, the rules are the rules and we went out fair and square. But it devalues the competition when teams can get all the benefits of CL qualification, fail miserably in the group stage and get to take it out on the lesser teams in a different competition.
Yeah it defeats the purpose of EL and I'm sure Platini and his mafia are aware of it and don't give a shit. The two finalists were both CL teams, none who qualified to EL through the domestic leagues made it to the final, what a load of shit :lol

What happens to the EL-CL spot if the EL winners already have enough points to qualify for CL in the domestic league? Does it go to the runner-up? What if they have a CL spot already as well?

James Rodriguez and Moutinho deals are done. What an absolute waste of talent :lol
So Falcao, James and Moutinho to Monaco? Mercenaries :lol

Ushojax

What happens to the EL-CL spot if the EL winners already have enough points to qualify for CL in the domestic league? Does it go to the runner-up? What if they have a CL spot already as well?

Play-off between the losing semi-finalists?

Meier

Obviously the true values were inverted, they just made it like that so that Sporting would get less from the Moutinho sale.

I don't think so. Wasn't Moutinho's buy-out €30m and James' €40m? Obviously James would be the more expensive player since he's in a more premium position and is younger.

It looks like Sporting's 25% sell-on was on the profit from the original move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom