• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

If you want Wilburgle I could send you another Hendo video via PM?

It might not be a sexual favour per se, but it's so close you aren't likely to tell the difference. Hendo // QUORN // HD

Who here is expecting a PS4 Ad tomorrow during the final?

I needs it

David-Moyes-006.jpg

bud23

Who here is expecting a PS4 Ad tomorrow during the final?

It´s confirmed, right?

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) has announced that the very first PlayStation 4 TV advertisement will run during the upcoming Champions League final in May. The UEFA Champions League is currently underway and the final will be played at Wembley in London on May 25, 2013.

It’s unknown if the TV ads will be simple “Sponsored by PlayStation 4″ bits, or whether Sony has a full blown 30-second or 60-second PlayStation 4 TV spot to showcase the new console.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542385

Suen

Yeah, I don't agree here. That you need to register games to your account to have permission to play them is absolute bullshit to me. I'll hate it if the PS4 does it as well.
So...let's say I can't buy a game right away or find interest in a game (that I may or may not have heard of previously) years later after it stopped being sold in stores...my biggest chance of getting it then would be to buy an used one on ebay unless I want to (often) pay insane amounts for a brand new one. Like years ago I bought Grandia Xtreme (shit game) for PS2, several years after it was released and not available in stores. How will this work with Xbox One? Am I screwed?

So...let's say I can't buy a game right away or find interest in a game (that I may or may not have heard of previously) years later after it stopped being sold in stores...my biggest chance of getting it then would be to buy an used one on ebay unless I want to (often) pay insane amounts for a brand new one. Like years ago I bought Grandia Xtreme (shit game) for PS2, several years after it was released and not available in stores. How will this work with Xbox One? Am I screwed?
It's all in the cloud. Digital downloads are the future. Embrace it

'Witty' first-post gaf is worst-gaf. About one in 20 of them make me smile, and about half of them make the thread unreadable as everyone congratulates the post while ignoring the topic.

I'd never heard of Papadontpreachalous, don't recall ever noticing one of his performances, and know nothing about him. But I've been infected by Arnie's muppetry, and am now desperate for us to sign him :D

GAF is in reddit and 9gag tier when it comes to destroying memes.

Hahaha no. It's bad but it hasn't and never will reach reddit levels of terrible before some reputation system is added where you can circlejerk upvote each other with points and not just quotes.

*letrollpic.jpg*

I'd never heard of Papadontpreachalous, don't recall ever noticing one of his performances, and know nothing about him. But I've been infected by Arnie's muppetry, and am now desperate for us to sign him :D

HAVE YOU NEVER PLAYED FM?!

'Witty' first-post gaf is worst-gaf. About one in 20 of them make me smile, and about half of them make the thread unreadable as everyone congratulates the post while ignoring the topic.

Circle jerk gaf is the worst.

Hahaha no. It's bad but it hasn't and never will reach reddit levels of terrible before some reputation system is added where you can circlejerk upvote each other with points and not just quotes.

*letrollpic.jpg*

Yeah, you're probably right.

Arnie

Have you never played Football Manager?

Only reason I got so worked up about him. He's one of the hot prospects who actually fairly reflects real life. He's an absolute beast.

*letrollpic.jpg*

HAVE YOU NEVER PLAYED FM?!

Have you never played Football Manager?

Only reason I got so worked up about him. He's one of the hot prospects who actually fairly reflects real life. He's an absolute beast.

Only played a couple of demos, not my kind of game.

Meier

I think if you're a serious football/soccer fan, you've got to play Football Manager. It's absolutely a requirement if you want to know who future stars are. FIFA career mode does a decent job as well in identifying young talents but obviously FM is on another level. I believe in my FIFA game in 2015, Papadapolous is around an 83-84 or so.

Clegg

I think if you're a serious football/soccer fan, you've got to play Football Manager. It's absolutely a requirement if you want to know who future stars are. FIFA career mode does a decent job as well in identifying young talents but obviously FM is on another level. I believe in my FIFA game in 2015, Papadapolous is around an 83-84 or so.
Sorry Meier, that's nonsense.

Meh, this thread and RAWK's many youth football threads do a decent enough job of keeping me updated on the upcoming stars. Papalazarou seems to have slipped the net though :p

Arnie

To be fair I've been a massive football fan all my life but only got into FM last year.

It's very slow, and I can understand why people wouldn't want to play it. Once it gets you though, you're fucked.

Can't wait for 14, didn't buy 13 so it would feel extra special.

Meier

Sorry Meier, that's nonsense.

How is it nonsense? If you are interested in knowing the best young players in other leagues, there's no better way to discover them. I mean, it's not like Papadopoulos is new on the scene either. He's been a first choice CB for his NT for years now but since Hitcher only knows the PL (nothing wrong with this by any means) AND doesn't play FM, he isn't aware of that. FM teaches you about the best players in Europe and abroad, young and old.

How is it nonsense? If you are interested in knowing the best young players in other leagues, there's no better way to discover them. I mean, it's not like Papadopoulos is new on the scene either. He's been a first choice CB for his NT for years now but since Hitcher only knows the PL (nothing wrong with this by any means) AND doesn't play FM, he isn't aware of that. FM teaches you about the best players in Europe and abroad, young and old.

I could, you know, watch actual football and find out what fans think of their players :p

Lol, I strongly disagree. Most FM wonderkids end up being mediocre. And at least for Russia and Ukraine, and I assume for the other second-tier leagues FM has no idea about any promising young players.

The Watford journey on FM has begun.

Vydra is a absolute beast.

I'm about to play my second FA cup final with Rotherham, the first was when I was still in the championship where I in the end lost 5-2 to Chelsea. This time though it's west brom and they are going to get their ass kicked.

ljI3nOu.png

Meier

The Watford journey on FM has begun.

Vydra is a absolute beast.

He's a monster. Be very curious to see what Udinese does with him. Di Natale still performs at such a high level that I don't think they can squeeze him out yet even if Vydra should be starting for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom