• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Surprise surprise. A Madridista would pay to have Neymar play for Madrid.

This is what I mean, then when it happens. Letters will claim "I didn't want him to play and steal Ronaldo's spotlight anyway".

Ridiculous.

edit
Oh man all the replies. :lol you guys.

Letters also believes no Portuguese are dirty. A Pepe and Coentrao fan! he also supports Venezuela who play like Stoke

nemesun

I see Skidd getting involved now. He's an Insomniac forum moderator or was one (plus his post history is telling), so he'd be another one trying to fight the good fight for Insomniac.

If I get my arse banned today over this, I'll expect my Footie brethren to preach the truth and keep me in their thoughts till the day of my resurrection. I ain't crossing borders to the gaming side again after today, that place is frightening.

FootballFan

So you just admitted you're the biggest homer alive?

iNEpC5BYoejHw.gif

No you missed my point. He would suck at Madrid, he would succeed with us.

I think he'd be perfect with Messi and fit perfect for Barca, where as he wouldn't be perfect at Madrid, in fact I think he would suck there.

Letters also believes no Portuguese are dirty. A Pepe and Coentrao fan! he also supports Venezuela who play like Stoke

First of all you have stop being salty that Rondon took a shit on your pathetic national team. Second, and most important though, Russia are playing Portugal in two weeks, Kerzhakov's hat trick will show the Portucunts the light and turn all of them into Portusaints, except Bruno Alves. There is no salvation for him.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
First of all you have stop being salty that Rondon took a shit on your pathetic national team. Second, and most important though, Russia are playing Portugal in two weeks, Kerzhakov's hat trick will show the Portucunts the light and turn all of them into Portusaints, except Bruno Alves. There is no salvation for him.

We're about to shit on Argentina in 2 weeks. Venezuela wont win another game

feel

This is what I mean, then when it happens. Letters will claim "I didn't want him to play and steal Ronaldo's spotlight anyway".
I definitely won't claim this.
I'll just think it to myself

Wait, I do agree there are a bunch of Portuguese dirty cunts! Doesn't mean I can't still like them. Excuse for supporting my birth country and the country where I currently live.

:lol

Nice.

But...Can't wait til he scores 5 against Palermo in pre season friendly. Then 3 against Copenhagen in the group stage of CL. Then another 3 against Chelsea in the CL semi's while Mou cries.

Mou will be crying tears of joy as Torres yet again sends Barca out.

I think you guys really overestimate the rivalry between Bayern and Dortmund. It's not even remotely close to Madrid/Barcelona. Dortmund winning would suck, but we'd recover.

Well with the few meltdowns we have already had because of Klopp, it certainly seems like you truly hate them. :p

FootballFan

Wait for real? Not one of ff's premature ejaculations

Well, Santos accepted the bids from Barca and Madrid. Of course he can join both, but after all the Barca talk and all the praise he always gives to Messi/Barca, I doubt he will pick Madrid.

Kinda excited to see where he goes tbh haha.

jtb

Banned
In terms of drawing the line I was talking about everything. But your criteria is price? Come on. You seem to be taking a very anecdotal view (I hope that's the right term) on this. You should be thinking more about the legal basis of what you're suggesting.

Used game sales aren't crippling the industry. Financial recklessness and poorly run developers/publishers are doing that. (It's like the argument that every single player game needs a multiplayer element so people won't sell the game as soon as they've finished it, or in other words cutting off your nose to spite your face). You think publishers making more money will make them more likely to take risks. Maybe. That generally goes for most industries. But often the games that take the most risks are the ones with the smallest budgets, which shows you don't need millions of dollars more in revenue to do so. Meanwhile you have Activision making ridiculous sums from the Call of Duty series, and their creative risk seems limited to making movie-licensed games. So what is this the next best option for? Publishers to boost their financials? Yes. Publishers to take more risks? Probably not. And at the expense of the consumer? Definitely.

edit: And the Steam argument is strange because no one is saying the fact that you can't sell the licenses you own is a good thing. It's not a good thing. As Laboured said, why don't people kick up more of a fuss? Because Valve do an awful lot of good for gaming as well.

The steam argument is simple: it's not a good thing or a bad thing. It's just a thing. You don't want to play by Microsoft's rules? Then don't buy it. But Microsoft is fully entitled to write those rules and at the end of the day, only the market will decide if it is "good" or "bad." (ie. the revenues exceed the costs)

Capitalism is anti-consumer. That's just the reality; corporations aren't in it to benefit the consumer, they're in it to make profits for themselves and they'll go to extreme lengths to that end as long as it's within the rules all other corporations play by. the Xbone operates within those rules. It's a calculated risk on their part and it'll either work or it won't. I'm not going to say it's "right" or "wrong" because nothing within capitalism is "right" or "wrong," but I will say they have the right to do it. Because, objectively, they do.

FootballFan

It's Andres, why are you even asking. Haha.

What? how many trophies did Mou win in his 3 years? El Tigre just won the copa del rey. Letters pls

:lol delusional Madridistas. Mou shat on Barca with 3 trophies in 4 years. :') amazing.

Pep won more in half a year.

The La Liga Mou won last season was great, his team played well and he did his job. Everything else was just a joke.

Rojo has improved a lot this season, he is a far better defender now that when he arrived at Sporting.

:eek: He has been pretty average with Argentina, but I don't watch Sporting so you know more and are probably right.

Rojo has improved a lot this season, he is a far better defender now that when he arrived at Sporting.

I don't know. You bring in Spartak trash and your team has its worst season in years. Coincidence? I think not. You have to understand that the Spartak taint spreads and infests your whole team. The Spartak fans call this "Spartak Spirit". Just by being there he made your team worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom