• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. You bring in Spartak trash and your team has its worst season in years. Coincidence? I think not. You have to understand that the Spartak taint spreads and infests your whole team. The Spartak fans call this "Spartak Spirit". Just by being there he made your team worse.

Not his fault, he is the only new signing from this season that I don't want to see gone.

no messi it's possible. Youre the one that's drunk not watching superior south american football

First of all Messi was still called up. And a half-fit Messi will still style on whatever pylons you put out there on defense. Second of all, I've been watching Copa Libertadores quite a bit this season. I don't post that much about it because I barely know any of the players outside of washed up 'dinho and ex-Russian league scrubs like Jo and Tardelli.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
First of all Messi was still called up. And a half-fit Messi will still style on whatever pylons you put out there on defense. Second of all ,I've been watching Copa Libertadores quite a bit this season. I don't post that much about it because I barely know any of the players outside of washed up 'diinho and ex-Russian league scrubs like Jo and Tardelli.

Exactly. Independiente Santa Fe is the best team and they're Colombian.

Scum

Barca should be linked with CBs and a new GK. Neymar should be their last buy, preferably after the World Cup.

2 times: Atletico Nacional and Once Caldas. I believe my Deportivo Cali and America de Cali each lost once.

--in the finals

America lost like 4 times the finals and Cali twice. America is like the Bayern of south America except it sucks.

Nacional lost one final and won one

Caldas won one final out of one but it was a sucky final. Still, respect for his manager Luis Montoya

Junior only managed Semis one time. We were detroyed by Bianchi's Velez.

FootballFan

Barca should be linked with CBs and a new GK. Neymar should be their last buy, preferably after the World Cup.

Nope. Definitely need something else up front. Without Messi or when he was being marked out, our attack would crumble. Plus Villa is leaving, so that's an empty spot.

I already said quite a while ago:

Neymar
2 defenders
Goalkeeper

Puyol/Masch too injury prone. Bartra not good enough yet. Song lol.

Valdes is off to Monaco or wherever he wants.

Transfer window will be open for a looong time, so no worries yet.

K1LLER7

Nope. Definitely need something else up front. Without Messi or when he was being marked out, our attack would crumble. Plus Villa is leaving, so that's an empty spot.

Neymar
2 defenders
Goalkeeper

Transfer window is will be open for a looong time, so no worries yet.
What about when Thiago leaves for Man United?

You can take Anderson.

Salazar

Sorry utd Gaf you will not win a UCL again

eZKelUa.gif

Insider ‏@712insider 2h
Spurs to bid for James McCarthy Next week a fee as Close 15 MILLON Sources Understands';

Insider ‏@712insider 2h
Sources in Spain Should have the truth Tomorrow

Insider ‏@712insider 2h
Ronaldo Update'; Ronaldo to talk to Madrid next week and tell them he wants United Move' Reports tonight '; My Source has Contacted his

The steam argument is simple: it's not a good thing or a bad thing. It's just a thing. You don't want to play by Microsoft's rules? Then don't buy it. But Microsoft is fully entitled to write those rules and at the end of the day, only the market will decide if it is "good" or "bad." (ie. the revenues exceed the costs)

Capitalism is anti-consumer. That's just the reality; corporations aren't in it to benefit the consumer, they're in it to make profits for themselves and they'll go to extreme lengths to that end as long as it's within the rules all other corporations play by. the Xbone operates within those rules. It's a calculated risk on their part and it'll either work or it won't. I'm not going to say it's "right" or "wrong" because nothing within capitalism is "right" or "wrong," but I will say they have the right to do it. Because, objectively, they do.

It's a bad thing for consumers is what I was saying.

I really hate the "Don't like it? Don't buy it" argument. Regardless of whether you buy something or not it doesn't mean you can't voice your concerns. Ultimately they've taken a big decision for the future of console gaming. I'd rather have an opinion than just sit back and say, "well let's see what the market makes of this".

Scum

Reina and maybe Ter.

Defenders who the fuck knows
D:

Neymar
2 defenders
Goalkeeper

Transfer window will be open for a looong time, so no worries yet.

------------ New ST ------------
Neymar --- Messi --- Iniesta
------ Xavi ---- Bisquits -----
Alba -- Pique -- New CB -- Alves
------------ Courtois ------------

Messi

D:

Alves will leave me thinks. Adriano in his place. Iniesta on the wing is awful/much less effective. Good luck getting Courtois. We ain't buying another striker

FootballFan

Sorry, has to be 4-3-3.

Neymar---Messi---Tello
--Iniesta-------Xavi-----
---------SergioB---------
Alba---PK---CB----Alves
---------De God*---------

*De God came through the swap deal for Thiago.

And as Messi said, Alves could leave too. So Adriano/Montoya could be in there. And no new Striker if we get Neymar.

John Bostock is on his way back from Toronto FC. What a spectacular failure he's turned out to be. I honestly don't know who is to blame, us or him. I've seen a few people suggest that he's incredibly arrogant. He was talking a while back about how he found God but it's not like that's affected his career in any way. I'm inclined to think it's more him, because he clearly has talent and yet he's going to struggle to get a contract at a Championship club at this rate.

Fuck me #5 for Wales was a beauty. #6 is a perfect header and then 7, 8, 9, 10.. all of them are mindblowing. Dude is insane.

I watched a goal of the season video for us the other day and it was pretty much just him + Adebayor's goal against Chelsea.

edit: actually I'm forgetting Defoe's goal against West Ham as well

Messi

Sorry, has to be 4-3-3.

Neymar---Messi---Tello
Alba---PK---CB----Alves

And as Messi said, Alves could leave too. So Adriano/Montoya could be in there. And no new Striker if we get Neymar.

They didn't give Adriano a contract until 2018 this week for fun. They plan to use him. He had a great season.

FootballFan

I would kill for Alves. Kill. Specially a pidgeon. One shat on my car.

Fucking bitch

Alves is a cunt, but he is a really good player. His stamina is great and he actually knows how to defend and attack. He was lacking this season but I think that might have to do with Alba running forward all the time too.

Alba is one of the reasons I wouldn't mind Alves leaving. We can't have 2 defenders who don't stay back.

When Abidal was in, Alves would go forward but there'd still be cover. With Alba and Alves running up there will be gaps everywhere.

ct8vr0o.gif

:lol Puyol in that GIF.

FootballFan

They didn't give Adriano a contract until 2018 this week for fun. They plan to use him. He had a great season.

Yep. I was one of his believers in here from Barca-GAF. Adriano does great at being a quiet sub who does he job well.

He played CB against Madrid, plays right back, plays left back, has played left wing etc. You can put him anywhere. At Sevilla he played defensive mid. Great option to have.

I prefer not to use him at CB though, especially next to Bartra :p

G-Unit

Ok it's pretty much done deal Neymar goes to Barca

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus 14min
ESPN Brasil says #Neymar has chosen Barcelona, they say he'll sign a 5-year contract, the transfer fee is 28m Euros. But not official yet.

Meier

I watched a goal of the season video for us the other day and it was pretty much just him + Adebayor's goal against Chelsea.

edit: actually I'm forgetting Defoe's goal against West Ham as well

I believe it.

I think of his goals, it seemed like only about 5-6 came inside the box and 2 were penalties for Wales. Unbelievable.

Messi

Alves is a cunt, but he is a really good player. His stamina is great and he actually knows how to defend and attack. He was lacking this season but I think that might have to do with Alba running forward all the time too.

Alba is one of the reasons I wouldn't mind Alves leaving. We can't have 2 defenders who don't stay back.

When Abidal was in, Alves would go forward but there'd still be cover. With Alba and Alves running up there will be gaps everywhere.

ct8vr0o.gif

:lol Puyol in that GIF.

I disagree. Alves shook off his need to defend this season much more than usual. He was awful at defending this season. He was personally responsible for many goals this season. The attacking performance did not cover his ass either. Alba was better all season and when Adriano was in Alves position he played better than Alves. Scored goals too.

He can fuck off somewhere else

Scum

Alves will leave me thinks. Adriano in his place. Iniesta on the wing is awful/much less effective. Good luck getting Courtois. We ain't buying another striker

Time to play Old Man Xavi less, then.
lol
. Move Iniesta into the middle, stick Pedro in Iniesta's place.

Sorry, has to be 4-3-3.

Neymar---Messi---Tello
Alba---PK---CB----Alves

You'll get nowhere in CL with Messi up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom