• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Kinda wish Bayern would have won last year instead, celebrations would be much nicer with a team winning in their own stadium. Nice of Dortmund fans to applaud for Bayern!

:lol

I just realised it was Heynckes who won the 1998 CL with Real Madrid and was then promptly fired.

What a shit fucking club. Getting rid of the likes of Del Bosque, Heynckes and Mourinho like they're not good enough for them.

Mourinho has made his own position untenable tbf.

Is it me or did Lewandowski seem more concerned with outmuscling Boateng than he was with threatening Bayern?

dc89

What do you mean? By that logic, the winner of the domestic cup who finished in the top 4 would also have qualified for both. It is nothing unique.

But Chelsea can't defend their Europa league title from the start. So I guess there's a difference.

I know this will get put in the "bad loser" stuff but I don't care.

The worst fucking thing in football is the ref's take on extra time. It's 3 minutes after 3 goals and a few injury breaks which is a bad decision by itself. Then, the play starts at ~90:30 because of the celebration and substitutions. A bit of football, broken apart by another 2 substitutions. Then the match is over after 94 minutes. Extra time played: less than the already not enough 3 minutes.

Yes, we might not have scored the 2-2. Maybe I'm just annoyed by this because Bundesliga refs do it every single match but it's so much better in the PL. Wouldn't piss me off as much if they just ended the match after exactly 90 minutes, honestly.

BLI8ZJRCYAARjtL.jpg:large

Allianz

Lightning

Banned
congrats Germany on the football party, personally I'm so happy Dortmund lost it, what UEFA allowed them to do against Málaga was embarrassing, they didn't deserve to be playing the final, but well, now the Dortmund tears are Málaga smiles, nice !
The state of Malaga as a club is not much for them to be happy about. They will fade into being meaningless the way they are heading.

fuenf

The worst fucking thing in football is the ref's take on extra time. It's 3 minutes after 3 goals and a few injury breaks which is a bad decision by itself. Then, the play starts at ~90:30 because of the celebration and substitutions. A bit of football, broken apart by another 2 substitutions. Then the match is over after 94 minutes. Extra time played: less than 3 minutes.

Yes, we might not have scored the 2-2. Maybe I'm just annoyed by this because Bundesliga refs do it every single match but it's so much better in the PL.

no you arent a bad loser. it's a legitimate complain. the extra time management needs to be overhauled.

worst thing was the lack of extra time in the first half.

The worst fucking thing in football is the ref's take on extra time. It's 3 minutes after 3 goals and a few injury breaks which is a bad decision by itself. Then, the play starts at ~90:30 because of the celebration and substitutions. A bit of football, broken apart by another 2 substitutions. Then the match is over after 94 minutes. Extra time played: less than 3 minutes.

Yes, we might not have scored the 2-2. Maybe I'm just annoyed by this because Bundesliga refs do it every single match but it's so much better in the PL.

I feel ya bro.

In the 2007 CL final, the ref blew the whistle 30 seconds early while we were in clear possession of the ball.

#neverforget

Wilbur

Banned
Now can we talk in jest about how cunty Blablurn and Fry have been recently because they might be in good moods to talk about it looooooooooooooooooooooool

flippedb

Banned
congrats Germany on the football party, personally I'm so happy Dortmund lost it, what UEFA allowed them to do against Málaga was embarrassing, they didn't deserve to be playing the final, but well, now the Dortmund tears are Málaga smiles, nice !

BHcUNiUCEAADL4C.jpg

Now go see Málaga's second goal.

Best final since Istanbul?

I'd say so. Since 2005, there have only really been 2 finals where both team have been it come the 80th minute

Barca just holding off 10-man Arsenal
Liverpool needing 2 goals to equalise
Even match between Chelsea and Man Utd
Barca battering Man Utd
Inter battering Bayern
Barca battering Man Utd
Bayern battering Chelsea, only got interesting in stoppage time
Even match between Bayern and Dortmund

D_prOdigy

The worst fucking thing in football is the ref's take on extra time. It's 3 minutes after 3 goals and a few injury breaks which is a bad decision by itself. Then, the play starts at ~90:30 because of the celebration and substitutions. A bit of football, broken apart by another 2 substitutions. Then the match is over after 94 minutes. Extra time played: less than the already not enough 3 minutes.

Yes, we might not have scored the 2-2. Maybe I'm just annoyed by this because Bundesliga refs do it every single match but it's so much better in the PL. Wouldn't piss me off as much if they just ended the match after exactly 90 minutes, honestly.

pls.

there was no 'might not have scored' about it

all your players went home after 70 minutes.

TrueBlue

Felt Ribery and Dante were lucky to still be on the pitch. However, credit must be given to Bayern for putting last year's final behind them and bouncing back to win it.

Look forward to facing you in the Super Cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom