• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd rather the referee miss a few calls if it means the game flows more

now the real question is, why doesn't rizzoli or any of the other italian refs perform like this in italy. italian refs turn serie a games to absolute shit, buying every dive and stopping the game every two seconds. but in europe they are the complete opposite.

he did fuck up with the yellow cards though. usually he is very trigger happy, i don't understand it.

What the fuck at this ref

What was this extra time? Is he from Germany?

How did Ribery not get at least two yellow cards for being a cunt?

How did Dante not get a second yellow for outright kicking on Reus' fucking chest?

How the fuck did Lewy not get at least a yellow for being a cunt?

Are you kidding me?

images

GorillaJu

Great game, great performance from both teams. Fucking Robben - guy worked his ass off this game and he deserves the glory.

Grats Fry.

Bayern should have been down to 9 men. There is no questioning that. But Dortmund were just begging to be taken advantage of. Their defense was completely worn out, they lost their impetus and started to feel sorry for themselves.

What a fuckig year for Bayern. Best team in the world! But fuck them anyway.

Zabojnik

Wow at the ref complaints. It's a fucking CL final. Why ruin it for ... nothing, basically? Yeah, Ribery deserved a yellow, Lewandowski probably too. Dante got a soft first yellow and gifted Dortmund a pen, which is punishment enough. Certainly didn't deserve to be sent off in a fucking CL final.

Sloane

Banned
Great performance by us, should have scored within the first twenty five minutes when we had the chance, after that I never really felt we had a shot.

Fry

Great game, great performance from both teams. Fucking Robben - guy worked his ass off this game and he deserves the glory.

Grats Fry.

Bayern should have been down to 9 men. There is no questioning that. But Dortmund were just begging to be taken advantage of. Their defense was completely worn out, they lost their impetus and started to feel sorry for themselves.

What a fuckig year for Bayern. Best team in the world! But fuck them anyway.

Thanks Duder!

Wow at the ref complaints. It's a fucking CL final. Why ruin it for ... nothing, basically? Yeah, Ribery deserved a yellow, Lewandowski probably too. Dante got a soft first yellow and gifted Dortmund a pen, which is punishment enough. Certainly didn't deserve to be sent off in a fucking CL final.

I'm sure you and I have had this argument before :D

Wilbur

Banned

This is bollocks haha. If you commit two yellow card offences you should be off, no matter the occasion. Otherwise you're just changing the rules.

This is bollocks haha. If you commit two yellow card offences you should be off, no matter the occasion. Otherwise you're just changing the rules.

I think there must be a cultural difference. British fans seem to believe that the ref's job is to enforce the rules, others seem to think they're there to orchestrate a decent game

qindarka

Banned

Rules should be applied consistently whatever the occasion.

You have watched too much serie a.

doicare

Well done Bayern!

Obviously if Manchester United hadn't been screwed over by the red card in the Madrid game they would have go on to beat Real, then Dortmund, then Bayern in the final, but still enjoy the win Munich.

GorillaJu

Robben's first touch for his goal was just fucking MAGICAL. Goodness. The space he wriggled through to get to the ball, and the way he just sticks his foot out and softly taps the ball... Just magical.

The shot was ugly, but it doesn't matter so long as it beats the keeper, does it?

Zabojnik

I get it, Wilbz. But I'm a huge fan of ref using 'common sense' when the match is played fairy by the players, which I think was the case tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom