• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

At this point, why would he?

Nah the team is already very good. He surely isn't that crazy to change everything.

I do think though he will make them improve, sadly for us. :(
Bayern are going to stack for next season with Gotze, Lewandowski, and Jung. Plus, they have a few youth prospects too. I have a feeling he is going to get rid of a few people.

He will reinvent the entire team into fake 9s
:lol

Bayern, PSG, Man City, and Napoli

I want this group!!!

And win our tie and we are into pot 1. Yes. Come on Wenger!
p0a4HOa.png

Salazar

England hopeful Phil Jagielka has claimed that captain Steven Gerrard is the only player 'nailed on' for a starting place in Roy Hodgson's World Cup team next year.

Fucking shameful

Every part of that sentence is absurd

Fucking shameful

Every part of that sentence is absurd

Not really, when you consider that he's the captain, the only England starter who's had a good season, and doesn't have much competition vying for his spot. Hart is nailed on as well because of the lack of competition. Rooney as well I guess, but anything could happen with him between now and this time next year.

Meier

What in the hell is that keeper at. He may as well have walked off the field.

3rd (may as well be 6th) string keeper that is just there to meet English player requirements. These friendlies were the first and only time he'll ever play for City. :lol He was playing for a third division team before we snagged him on a free. Doubt City will keep him.

Meier

Mirror are saying Pogba is unsettled in Italy due to the racist abuse he has received.

Arsenal are interested.

I feel bad for him but it'd be fantastic if City made a move. I saw the Mirror said he might be available for as low as 15m.. that would be a bargain.

I am a big fan of Neymar and expect brilliant things from him at Barca. I can't even fathom trying to defend against him on one side and Messi on the other.. that's just cruel. If I'm a Spurs fan, this transfer has me terrified. Perez will throw a FUCKTON at Levy for Bale now especially since Aguero just extended. He has no choice.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Eh

It's only a little step up in terms of opposition
At least he'll play in a league in which its teams make it past the round of 16 in the CL.

Lightning: what are you talking about? He won a league with us, he is happy.

Lightning

Banned
At least he'll play in a league in which its teams make it past the round of 16 in the CL.

Lightning: what are you talking about? He won a league with us, he is happy.
But last season a PL side won it while you's were still in the semis? Beat Barca on the way if I recall.

Mirror are saying Pogba is unsettled in Italy due to the racist abuse he has received.

Arsenal are interested.

I doubt it. Conte loves him. He just won a trophy. In interviews, he sounds really level-headed and ambitious. (I know some United fans want to believe otherwise.) The only thing that will move him along eventually is money and his agent.

Sloane

Banned
Looking back at last night's match, we played much better than I had expected. If we had scored within the first 30 minutes, who know what might have happened, but Bayern dominated the rest of the game, so they deserved to win, especially after the season they've played -- even a loss yesterday wouldn't have changed the fact that they are possibly the strongest team I have ever seen.

As for us, I'm not quite sure yet if I'm supposed to be happy that we have reached the final for a second time in my life or that we didn't take the chance to win which might not come back for another 15 years or so. In a few weeks, it will probably be the former but right now I'm mostly sad for players like Weidenfeller who really deserved that international title.

Anyway, looking forward to next season which should be interesting in different ways since it will be all about rebuilding the team.

Hieberrr

As for us, I'm not quite sure yet if I'm supposed to be happy that we have reached the final for a second time in my life or that we didn't take the chance to win which might not come back for another 15 years or so. In a few weeks, it will probably be the former but right now I'm mostly sad for players like Weidenfeller who really deserved that international title.
Dude deserves a call up.

spidye

since 08 every team that beat barca won the cl.

holy shit.

I still can't believe we've won it. feels so strange
exactly one year ago I was in tears. now again but for different reasons

feel

FootballFan's so annoying. :lol :lol

I don't like current Barcelona but I hope Neymar delivers, football needs all the special players it can get, it seems like the quality bar in football players in general keeps rising, and this is probably just me getting old, but truly special players that stand out and make you look forward to weekends are way more rare than before.

Blablurn

I wonder how many of you guys kept quoting my words. Just waiting to bash me. I read so much unbelieavable stuff in the last weeks. I just feel so damn good right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom