• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys restore my faith in humanity.

You all wear watches right?

0279_0mna.gif

Meier

Why aren't you cunts talking about 24?

I'm pumped! I love 24 -- haven't missed a single episode. It definitely had some dips in quality over the latter seasons but season 8 was brilliant and I always enjoyed the show as a whole. I think 12 hours will be a nice compromise and should allow it to be much more taut. I watched the first season of Touch since I love me some Keifer but it was only okay. We didn't bother with season 2 as I figured a cancellation was imminent and I wasn't a huge fan anyway.

dc89

The main point you've made over the last couple of days is that even though you were a small club who couldn't win anything for 20 years of your life and lived in the shadow of United - you never got used to it.

Now, carry on.

I never got used to it because I believed.

Gambit

24 ran out of steam during its last couple of seasons. It relied on the same tropes of someone close to Bauer dying and the SHOCKING TWIST that usually happened in the eighteenth hour or so.

People aren't that excited because there really isn't that much to be excited about. The show had its time and ended. It ran for the best part of a decade. Its not like AD which only had three seasons. That's a show to get excited about.

Actually, season 7 was one of the better ones again. So not all of the later seasons are awful. But it did indeed become formulaic.

The reason I'm happy to have it back is because there is really nothing else like it on the telly. A weekly action series with movie production values and a great protagonist.

ColR100

Yeah, I believe that based off people's replies. I guess I just haven't noticed him since his posts are so infrequent nowadays. Too many United bros.

In my defense, I rarely have much time to read forums of recent, let alone post as well.

But the past week has been eventful, with plenty of talking points across all leagues....so I've dropped in every now and then.

The thread here does move far too quickly for me though.

Fry

It's my opinion.

And tons of other people's opinion.

If you look it at this way, we could say the same about every show, especially the ones over-praised in this thread.

A lot of people couldn't go past 5 episodes of Mad Men.

Linius

Actually, season 7 was one of the better ones again. So not all of the later seasons are awful. But it did indeed become formulaic.

The reason I'm happy to have it back is because there is really nothing else like it on the telly. A weekly action series with movie production values and a great protagonist.

Try Banshee. I find it shit, but a lot of people seem to like for the reasons you like 24.

Meier

SAD-FAN.gif

Poor little guy.

Try Banshee. I find it shit, but a lot of people seem to like for the reasons you like 24.

I haven't seen Banshee yet but Strike Back (also on Cinemax here in the US) offers some similar thrills as 24 did and it has nudity so there's that!

FootballFan

But like, if someone asks you for the time, do you get your phone out or something.

Thats weird.

I take out my phone with my online data plan and go onto my automatically logged in Facebook/Twitter and ask my Friends/Followers for the time.

#What'sTheTime?

:lol

Fry if people aren't talking about the show in this thread when it was just announced it was returning its a pretty good indicator of what most people ITT think of it.

Compare the reaction to the return of say AD where people are posting about how excited they are without prompts.

If you're gonna ask why nobody is posting about it...don't be surprised when the answer isn't one you agree with. It was already there in the first place!

*backs out carefully*

Gambit

Never even heard of it. will investigate

Mad Men is a million times better than 24.

If I had to choose I'd also choose Mad Men as the better show. It's become very soapy, but it's still brilliant.

But the beauty is not having to choose. They don't exactly scratch the same itch.

Its all a matter of personal preference brah

It is, but expect some reaction when you keep telling people to talk about a show they don't give a shit about. :p

If I had to choose I'd also choose Mad Men as the better show. It's become very soapy, but it's still brilliant.

But the beauty is not having to choose. They don't exactly scratch the same itch.

I watched a few seasons of Desperate Housewives, it scratched the itch in my cornhole.

FootballFan

But that's just like your opinion. :'[

Now I'm going to mention mad men in the next 10 pages and how good it is, to wash away that post.

Seriously, after I read the description for Mad Men, I was expecting boring ass crap. But damn, so good.

I'm still only on Season 4 Episode 6.

jtb

Banned
every TV series is overrated to the high heavens in this so-called "golden age". Nothing is more irritating than hearing the usual "oh tv has surpassed film" garbage.

3Sixty

Most likely already posted, but these are brilliant:-

BJxs7YNCMAAUZGu.jpg

BJztCYYCQAAeLj2.jpg

The above 'watch talk' pushed me to post them.

Exacltly.

Just imagine if Fergie pulled out a fucking smart phone and started pointing at it.

Fuck you cunts and your derp its 2013.

Watches are fucking timeless (Fuck that pun)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

mansini rip

every TV series is overrated to the high heavens in this so-called "golden age". Nothing is more irritating than hearing the usual "oh tv has surpassed film" garbage.

Eh for me tv shows has always been better than film for a long time. It's just hard to care too much about characters and such in a movie with the limited time they get to build up some sympathy for them, of course there is movies that manages to do it, but tv shows just does it far more effectively for me and I like having the same characters if I like them around for 50 hours instead of 2, explore them a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom