• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

defel

Really hope City hire someone out of nowhere.

Just imagine like Big Ron Atkinson coming in.

David O'Leary.

mick-mccarthy.gif

D_prOdigy

Feel for Mancini, he seems like a very nice man.

He deserved better - I might be in the minority in thinking he's a better manager than you lot give him credit for :lol

Kyoufu

Feel for Mancini, he seems like a very nice man.

He deserved better - I might be in the minority in thinking he's a better manager than you lot give him credit for :lol

I've heard horror stories of his man management and overall coaching. Apparently he doesn't communicate to anyone but Kompany.

Wilbur

Banned
Ferguson has a lot of respect for David Moyes as well but apparently 'lol lickle evvyton has never wun trofees'

Nah, Mancini's a lucky guy. He's not shit. But he's average, and he's profited from a fuckton of money at City and a fuckton of money at Inter + the Calciopoli scandal which gifted him 2/3 titles he didn't win.

When City beat us this season and everyone cummed about how good they can be, it was the players rising to the occasion and playing to their strengths. They won the league in spite of Mancini. They were 10 seconds away from blowing it to a 'shit' United team. He's not good enough for where City want to be. Done fuck all in Europe.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Won/Games, Win %

1. Jose Mourinho 85/120 70.83%

2. Sir Alex Ferguson 528/809 65.27%

3. Carlo Ancelotti 48/76 63.16%

4. Roberto Mancini 82/133 61.65%

5. Arsene Wenger 366/636 57.55%

6. Rafael Benitez 140/253 55.34%

Empty

it's a good move for city going forwards. mancini isn't a manager that's going to take them to the next level.

it's a bit harsh on mancini personally mind. but i don't really care, he's such a jammy guy overall and he's pocketing a fortune.

Wes

venison crêpe
Won/Games, Win %

1. Jose Mourinho 85/120 70.83%

2. Sir Alex Ferguson 528/809 65.27%

3. Carlo Ancelotti 48/76 63.16%

4. Roberto Mancini 82/133 61.65%

5. Arsene Wenger 366/636 57.55%

6. Rafael Benitez 140/253 55.34%

I miss Ancelotti. He didn't deserve to get sacked. One of the best in my mind.

Meier

£28 million in compensation. There goes the Isco fund. Bollocks to FFP too.

:lol

If he was indeed getting £7m and not the £5m that was reported previously, I still can't see any way he gets fully paid out the remainder of the contract (4 more years). There'd be some sort of settlement and he'd get paid in the future if he was out of work still.

Either way though, I'm sure there is some accounting trick to make this not have an affect on the FFP calculation. There are a lot of ways to avoid it.

I'm looking forward to Moyes' interviews re: Man Utd's plans. The man has had little resource to develop Everton and now he'll lead one of the biggest clubs in the world. I want to hear/read about what it might be like psychologically to process such a jump

I wonder how much money Chelsea lost with the whole AVB fiasco.

Pretty sure he was still on the pay roll at Chelsea until he got the Spurs job, which was delayed a bit because of negotiations about his compensation.

Palermo always just keeps their managers on the pay roll, so they can bring them back a few weeks or months later when they fire the one that replaced him.

I wonder how much money Chelsea lost with the whole AVB fiasco.
About £16m I think.

It's not hard to believe Mancini will be getting somewhere close to the reported amount. AVB was sacked with 2.5 years left on his deal. Mancini has 4 years left and will be earning more than AVB was. Mancini is also going with most of his coaching staff according to reports.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Either way though, I'm sure there is some accounting trick to make this not have an affect on the FFP calculation. There are a lot of ways to avoid it.
This is the one time I am glad Chelsea exists and has the backing they do, so Jose has an oil club he'll use embarrass your oil club next season for saying things like this.

If he was indeed getting £7m and not the £5m that was reported previously, I still can't see any way he gets fully paid out the remainder of the contract. There'd be some sort of settlement and he'd get paid in the future if he was out of work still.

I love how blase you are about it.

We're not paying that much...but even if we are...FUCK IT!

You obv. don't care about it so there's no point bothering to pretend really...

Clegg

Could have bought RVP with that £28m.

Mancini is a decent manager but not one of the elite. He was what City needed when they appointed him. Someone to bring them to the next level which Mark Hughes simply couldn't do.

He was pretty successful imo. A league title and an FA Cup is not to be sniffed at. His next task was to progress in the CL and to retain the trophy. He failed dismally in both counts. Some of his tactical decisions were just bizarre.

Its the job of the manager to keep his players motivated. Fergie did that throughout his entire career and built a dynasty from it. From the outside it looks like Mancini was incapable of keeping his players focused.

So long Mancini. You were a decent rival for a time.

Compensation of £28m? Why? What is the logic behind such contracts? If he has failed to meet the demands of his employment, then why should be given such a figure? I need a reliable source for this

jtb

Banned
Who do you think is the worse manager: Di Matteo or Mancini?

Personally, I haven't seen anything to indicate that Di Matteo is actually that bad a manager though I suppose he doesn't really get that much respect for the CL win since Avram Grant almost managed the exact same thing by accident.

Personally, I haven't seen anything to indicate that Di Matteo is actually that bad a manager though I suppose he doesn't really get that much respect for the CL win since Avram Grant almost managed the exact same thing by accident.

Oh now you are on to something, City should get Avram Grant to bring them European success.

Compensation of £28m? Why? What is the logic behind such contracts? If he has failed to meet the demands of his employment, then why should be given such a figure? I need a reliable source for this
They were probably afraid of losing him last summer so he had lots of leverage. Mancini was apparently very close to becoming the coach of the Russian National team. You're welcome, footy-gaf.

Wilbur

Banned

Di Matteo got West Brom up playing some nice football, was a tad unlucky to get the sack there I think, although Hodgson and Clarke have done great jobs since. Mancini isn't shit, I must stress that. But his failure to take responsibility for anything, his odd tactical decisions, his ludicrous subs, his luckiness when it comes to his jobs so far, his failure in Europe... RDM wins innit.

Meier

I love how blase you are about it.

We're not paying that much...but even if we are...FUCK IT!

You obv. don't care about it so there's no point bothering to pretend really...

City as a club definitely definitely care about FFP so fans would be silly not to think about it as well. I know from Swiss Ramble's older posts about City's finances that there are some weird things with wages due to players (and presumably managers) that are not currently a part of the squad that allow them to be written off from UEFA's calculations or something along those lines.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You have the advantage as we still need to qualify for the CL and you can guarantee trophies where we can not.

Our advantage is FIORENTINA are the selling club and hate you!

Arsenal and Juve fighting over Jovetic gotta be depressing for Viola. #SkintBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom