• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twzr17D.png

Someone does not appreciate Wilbs gifs. At least Valnen is on there. :D

jtb

Banned
Wilshere will be fine. He doesn't really have a place in our preferred midfield anyways, so I'm not too concerned about his absence. It'll be good for his development if he's not under constant pressure and gets a chance to fully heal.

Remember when you said Newcastle going down was written in the stars like Chelsea winning the CL?

WELL YOU WERE WRONG!

JERK!

i was worried it'd be true :(

Remember when you said Chelsea didn't stand a chance in CL? That is when I started believing the BS I had been saying about JT lifting the trophy. <3

valeo

Ferguson has a lot of respect for David Moyes as well but apparently 'lol lickle evvyton has never wun trofees'

Nah, Mancini's a lucky guy. He's not shit. But he's average, and he's profited from a fuckton of money at City and a fuckton of money at Inter + the Calciopoli scandal which gifted him 2/3 titles he didn't win.

When City beat us this season and everyone cummed about how good they can be, it was the players rising to the occasion and playing to their strengths. They won the league in spite of Mancini. They were 10 seconds away from blowing it to a 'shit' United team. He's not good enough for where City want to be. Done fuck all in Europe.

I'm not a Mancini fan, purely because of the teams he's coached - but saying he's a 'lucky' manager when he wins is absolutely ridiculous. If he's 'lucky' when he wins then he must be 'unlucky' when he loses too, right?

A manager's main job at that level is to get players in the right head-space to perform to the best of their abilities. It seems like he did that quite often.

damn, that is a lot of people. Does putting someone on ignore hide their threads too? because I might stick Computer on there if that's the case.

Nah don't think so. There's some add on to Chrome and I think firefox too though that can make the posts and threads go away completely, the way the ignore function is now you still see that they have posted but with a "this post is hidden, click here to unhide!" so you end up reading the BS anyway. :p

Salvadora

Despite the amount of managerial changes in the top clubs in the EPL I doubt Arsenal will take advantage and really make a go of it.

It would potentially be a good send off for Wenger who will be in the last year of his contract. Like a lot of our players in recent years ironically enough.

SALVA <3

You better stay for next season baby. It's Arsenal's time.
I'll stay until it looks like Arsenal will have another trophy less season/United win something :p
He'll be out for 3 Wenger-weeks.
Aye, the 2 weeks he kept saying for Diaby is still in my mind.
Welcome back
Maybe only temporally ;)
Remember when you said Newcastle going down was written in the stars like Chelsea winning the CL?

WELL YOU WERE WRONG!

JERK!

i was worried it'd be true :(
Bane: You don’t fear death… You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.

Kyoufu

Remember when you said Chelsea didn't stand a chance in CL? That is when I started believing the BS I had been saying about JT lifting the trophy. <3

Dude even I started believing it when you went through to the final.

I could look at the sky at night and actually see the words "JT is lifting CL trophy" in star constellations.

Wilbur

Banned
Meus talks more bollocks than anyone in the thread quite frankly, so fuck it. Stranger on the internets can't make me cry

unless they slate 24

I'm not a Mancini fan, purely because of the teams he's coached - but saying he's a 'lucky' manager when he wins is absolutely ridiculous. If he's 'lucky' when he wins then he must be 'unlucky' when he loses too, right?

A manager's main job at that level is to get players in the right head-space to perform to the best of their abilities. It seems like he did that quite often.

He's not lucky every time he loses a football match, its not quite as simple as that. He's lucky in that he's walked into a job simply because he had a bigger profile than Mark Hughes, he's lucky that his players didn't bottle it on the last day of the season, he's lucky that his players turn up to the best of their ability in derbies so he can get all the credit, he's lucky that none of his players have decked him for continuously slating them in public.

He's not lucky every time he loses a football match, its not quite as simple as that. He's lucky in that he's walked into a job simply because he had a bigger profile than Mark Hughes, he's lucky that his players didn't bottle it on the last day of the season, he's lucky that his players turn up to the best of their ability in derbies so he can get all the credit, he's lucky that none of his players have decked him for continuously slating them in public.
This is still very hypocritical Wilbz. So in your mind, basically, Mancini can never get any credit when his team wins a big game.

Wilbur

Banned
This is still very hypocritical Wilbz. So in your mind, basically, Mancini can never get any credit when his team wins a big game.

Look, sometimes he does well. Of course he does. His team won the league last year. But they won it with 5 seconds to spare and I guarantee if United had won it, everyone would have said its a shit United team that won it.

I just think that this season, the best I've seen City play is against us away. They were great. They bossed us. They won. They rose to the occasion.

Why can't they play like that the rest of the time? Why can't Mancini gee them up for that?

Not bothered by the Mancini sacking, was never a fan of his. Questionable tactics, questionable subs. Never had complete faith in him.

All that said, he won us the FA cup and the League. Always remember him for that.

Not bothered by the Mancini sacking, was never a fan of his. Questionable tactics, questionable subs. Never had complete faith in him.

All that said, he won us the FA cup and the League. Always remember him for that.

Wait a bloody minute.....I THOUGHT YOUR USERNAME WAS 'Manuoverboard'?!!?

Bo-Locks

He delivered a couple of trophies but his biggest fuck up for me was coming bottom of the CL group stage. I can sort of understand not retaining the title given the shit transfers in the summer (which he probably had little control over?), missing out on RVP, and underestimating United's resolve and the mountain that is not just winning the league, but retaining it. But coming bottom of the CL group, even in such a tough group, was embarrassing.

Wilbur

Banned
This is some bullshit on level with not being able to marry your family on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/kim.karpett you are my desire, even if you're my FB aunt.

I remember once at a wedding I saw this girl who was immeasurably hot and I wanted to fuck her into the space/time vortex.

Then i found out she was my cousin.

I shrugged. Incest was what the ancient civilisations were built upon. Far be it from me to imply I'm better.

Meier

Mancini had a bit of a catch-22 this year in terms of going after his players. I understand why he was critical -- their failures could (and did in part) ultimately cost him his job but the way he went after Kompany was inexcusable IMO. He had an up and down season comparitively speaking but he is the captain and a fantastic representative of the team. To call him out in the press for playing for Belgium in his first game back was wrong.

jtb

Banned
Which mod/admin do we need to petition to in order to get Meus' name changed back? Because, I'm sorry but "Jason Raize '75 - '04" has got to be the worst username GAF has ever seen.

Noirulus

Sviat, I know we were joking around a few days ago but I really fucking hope your Bruins in 7 prediction doesn't come true.

I'm shatting bracks raght naw. awjfwlakfnklwANF

Look, sometimes he does well. Of course he does. His team won the league last year. But they won it with 5 seconds to spare and I guarantee if United had won it, everyone would have said its a shit United team that won it.
Imagine how much praise Ferguson would have gotten if the roles were reversed and United won the title in the same manner? We'd have been hearing about Fergie time magic bullshit for months.

I just think that this season, the best I've seen City play is against us away. They were great. They bossed us. They won. They rose to the occasion.

Why can't they play like that the rest of the time? Why can't Mancini gee them up for that?
It's pretty obvious why City struggled this year, they're not scoring enough goals. They still have the best defensive record in the league though. Basically, I'm quite confident that if RVP went to City instead of United then City would have won the league.

Wilbur

Banned
Imagine how much praise Ferguson would have gotten if the roles were reversed and United won the title in the same manner? We'd have been hearing about Fergie time magic bullshit for months.

It's pretty obvious why City struggled this year, they're not scoring enough goals. They still have the best defensive record in the league though. Basically, I'm quite confident that if RVP went to City instead of United then City would have won the league.

Except Fergie's team did blow it after being eight points ahead, but he'd already saved up goodwill enough so that I knew we'd come back and play better.

Why aren't they scoring enough goals? At the start of the season, they had four strikers capable of scoring at least 15 goals a season, plus Silva and Toure who get their fair share.

It's no excuse. They spent what, 25m on Tevez? 35 on Aguero, 25 on Dzeko and 20 on Balotelli. Over 100m on strikers, and they didn't score enough. It's easy to say why they struggled this year, but why did they struggle this year?

Wilbur

Banned
Eh, very few names are 'good'. The bad ones are almost painful to look at though.

Yours is good! LOOK:

Look, as fucking shite a name as Schweini is, lets not pretend its even close to the worst name in this thread. There is some fucking usernames of FootyGaffers so bad I would rather drink a gallon of Michael Essien's semen than have as my online nomenclature:

These include:

no fun allowed, FeD.nL, 90TilInfinity, Jason Raize '75 - '04 UGH UGH UGH UGH, AndresCUNT777, Andrefpvs, L1NETT, GQman2121, PrematureQuiche (you fucking banned pussy malevolent), xbhaskarx, ATF487, everthustodeadbeats, Ashes1396, LabouredSubterfuge LOL LOL LOL SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT NAME YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT ANDY CARROLL HORSE, DerZuhälter, WAR recon zero, Gareth Bale (just shit)

Good ones include:

Jabo, Arjen, Linius, Anderson, Salvadora, Dibbz, Lightning, Plasma, bud, Wes, Fady K, elsk (rip), Fintan, Kenka, Koko, Charles, Smeghead, Yurt, Pulga, Arnie, Manager, Meier, tolkir, Slizz, Salazar, Requiem, Stubo, me myself and I, Joe, immy, Raptor, Bumhead, Scum

It's very simple. Just have a name I can say out loud in real life without a) talking for 11 minutes and b) being a staccato William Shatner cunt fuck when you have eleven underscores.

Like how? How the fuck do I say FeD.nL out loud? Feddddotenell? It's as fucking tiring on my tongue as licking out Clare Balding would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom