• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Robb's queen.

1279082592656.jpg

Ah Miss Chaplin. Indeed.

No.

Also I don't understand why Mancini was sacked, okay the signings last summer were a bit iffy but finishing second in the premiership etc is nothing to be sniffed at.

Because he had the man management skills of a walnut. He dissed the players in public, he pointed the finger at other staff, he said that Tevez would never play again but had to go back on it, he couldn't control Ballotelli.

No, 2nd in the league isn't bad, but if City really do want stability then I honestly don't think that Mancini was the man to offer it. You have to find the right manager before you can have stability.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I would provide a strong counter argument to this, but I don't want to feel your wrath. So I'll shut up.

See, you just basically told me 'you're wrong', which can be considered a spoiler too. :p

Don't discuss GoT books here, what's so hard about that?
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Zabojnik

Why can't we appoint Nedved or Paratici in his place?

Hell, I'm not even sure if Paratici is even good anymore. For all we know he's as guilty as Marry.

In the end, it's all about money. But if I try to imagine Marotta talking to international top players ... Yeah, awkward. Nedved + Del Piero, please.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
In the end, it's all about money. But if I try to imagine Marotta talking to international top players ... Yeah, awkward. Nedved + Del Piero, please.

Is it though? We're in the top 10 in terms of revenue. We splashed 50M last season, and even more the season before.

United spent significantly less to net RVP.

I think it's just incompetence. If you look at our transfers (over the last two seasons), all of them were done IN ITALY.

So yeah, with the exception of Vidal and Caceres, we're only buying from our own league.

Because he had the man management skills of a walnut. He dissed the players in public, he pointed the finger at other staff, he said that Tevez would never play again but had to go back on it, he couldn't control Ballotelli.

No, 2nd in the league isn't bad, but if City really do want stability then I honestly don't think that Mancini was the man to offer it. You have to find the right manager before you can have stability.

All good points, most City fans only care about trophies if I go by their reactions today.

Zabojnik

Is it though? We're in the top 10 in terms of revenue. We splashed 50M last season, and even more the season before.

United spent significantly less to net RVP.

I think it's just incompetence. If you look at our transfers (over the last two seasons), all of them were done IN ITALY.

Well, you have to factor in at least two things. One, Serie A isn't exactly the dream destination for a lot of top players these days and two, we kinda sucked for a long time. Serie A is still pretty much in the toilet, but at least we're on the rise. New stadium, CL football. I know we've been saying this for a while now, but seriously, this summer, this fucking summer they really have are no excuses. If Marry fucks up again, he's gotta go.

Arnie

Final Fantasy needs to retire. It's been shit for years.

The quicker SE drops it the quicker they'll get back on the road to success.

Messi

Bla and Co. Bayern kit is up on sports direct for 52euro I think that's the best price you will find it for. Same goes for the Ajax away.

The great thing about Final Fantasy is that as long as it got blue menus and a chocobo, it's a final fantasy game. There is nothing keeping them from making a good final fantasy again, other than them embarrassingly trying to recoup some of the money they used on making final fantasy 13 but releasing more half assed games from the same shit universe and with the same shit characters that no one cares about.

Give us a new final fantasy story, one that isn't shit.

Kyoufu

I don't think you know what you're talking about here. Final Fantasy is their biggest global brand but due to poor management they've suffered for the past generation. It can be fixed.

qindarka

Banned
Isn't it only the FFXIII and its sequel that is reviled? I don't think it taints the entire franchise or anything, as mentioned, they could revive their reputation with just a few good games on the trot.

I don't know much about modern FF though having only played I, III-VI, VIII and IX (Spot the missing one).

JRPGs went the way of anime, I wouldn't get my hopes up. They just don't know what they're doing anymore.

I don't even necessarily mean a good story, but just one where the characters don't piss you off and that has a decent battlesystem that is not just pressing AUTO BATTLE half the time. But yeah, there is no reason to get your hopes up.

Isn't it only the FFXIII and its sequel that is reviled? I don't think it taints the entire franchise or anything, as mentioned, they could revive their reputation with just a few good games on the trot.

I don't know much about modern FF though having only played I, III-VI, VIII and IX (Spot the missing one).

Final fantasy 14 was shit too, but guess you shouldn't really count that as it's a MMO.

qindarka

Banned
I really don't think the story is the main draw of FF games. They do tend to get a little ridiculous. More important is the sense of atmosphere, the music especially contributing to that.

Kyoufu

I don't even necessarily mean a good story, but just one where the characters don't piss you off and that has a decent battlesystem that is not just pressing AUTO BATTLE half the time. But yeah, there is no reason to get your hopes up.

Exactly this. XIII was an abomination. Motomu Toriyama should never be allowed to write and direct a video game ever again. What a hack.

Meteorain

I didn't mind 12 so much, it's only really since 13 that it's been terrible (excluding the MMOs).

SE are capable if they get their shit together! I would love if they went to a Steampunk/Fantasy setting for the next one. They've had a few too many Sci-Fi esque one's.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, you have to factor in at least two things. One, Serie A isn't exactly the dream destination for a lot of top players these days and two, we kinda sucked for a long time. Serie A is still pretty much in the toilet, but at least we're on the rise. New stadium, CL football. I know we've been saying this for a while now, but seriously, this summer, this fucking summer they really have are no excuses. If Marry fucks up again, he's gotta go.

All of this means nothing when you see players like Falcao, Ibra and Tevez playing in France for fucking Moncao and PSG.

NO EXCUSES THIS SUMMER

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
FFXII was amazing, brilliant world, brilliant battle system, The characters were good too, even if the story was complete mess.

XIII was an abomination and the product of a company that had no idea what they were doing.

GorillaJu

JRPGs went the way of anime, I wouldn't get my hopes up. They just don't know what they're doing anymore.

To be fair, they know exactly what they're doing, which is clinging on desperately to what remnants of their fan base remains and is buying what they sell religiously.

Anime stories, characters, art styles, etc. are basically the military shooter equivalent. People aren't adventurous enough to go outside of what they know is guaranteed income, even though the creativity is there and available to use.

Japan is a particularly risk-averse culture, and truly creative anime, like we saw in the 90s, have become extremely rare.

Arnie

We won't get to see Suso versus Januzaj because Suso's off being the future of Spanish football. With great power comes great responsibility.

Luckily Krisztian Adorjan is also better than Januzaj and will prove it this evening.

rvy

Banned
FFXII was amazing, brilliant world, brilliant battle system, The characters were good too, even if the story was complete mess.

YES! No idea why this game gets so much hate from FF fans.

Oh, yeah. Started playing Dark Souls for the first time yesterday. I'm in love, Yurt.

I was in a store last week which was selling old comic books and such, was just casually browsing around waiting for a guy i was there with to get done when I found their anime section, the dvd that brought me in was called "I Don't Like You at All, Big Brother!" featuring a girl in school uniform nearly having upskirt on the cover. Wish Farid-Chan was still here now so I could get his opinion on it, it looked truly interesting.

Zabojnik

All of this means nothing when you see players like Falcao, Ibra and Tevez playing in France for fucking Moncao and PSG.

NO EXCUSES THIS SUMMER

Right, but that brings us back to the money factor. If we could afford 60M€ for Falcao or a 12M€ salary for Ibra, Marry wouldn't matter. Whatever, NO EXCUSES THIS SUMMER.

Japan is a particularly risk-averse culture, and truly creative anime, like we saw in the 90s, have become extremely rare.

Such a shame. Well, we'll always have GitS and Patlabor (2).

I was in a store last week which was selling old comic books and such, was just casually browsing around waiting for a guy i was there with to get done when I found their anime section, the dvd that brought me in was called "I Don't Like You at All, Big Brother!" featuring a girl in school uniform nearly having upskirt on the cover. Wish Farid-Chan was still here now so I could get his opinion on it, it looked truly interesting.

Buy it and watch it with Krish over a beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom