• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
@nationaltrust 49m
To be fair, #colin actually was here....
BKOQwn0CcAAGH1P.jpg

That is genius. Only highbrow enlightened people like myself will get the reference.

Whenever I watch Brazil play I always think Oscar looks alot better, or alot more effective, than Neymar.

As I said before I do think Neymar can be very good and players like him usually need more time to improve and reach potential.

But yeah - Oscar always outshines him for me.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
My PS3 has just stopped reading Blu-Rays. Second time this has happened, two different machines and both disc drives borked right after the warranty expired. This console generation has been a complete piece of shit in terms of quality control. Am I crazy for expecting a disc drive to last more than 12 months?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think Neymar is good.

I think he's got great skills but he's wasting his time in Brazil. He can be a top player but he needs to make the step up and start playing against good defenders in a league where other teams have players as good as him. He's coasting at Santos.

dc89

My PS3 has just stopped reading Blu-Rays. Second time this has happened, two different machines and both disc drives borked right after the warranty expired. This console generation has been a complete piece of shit in terms of quality control. Am I crazy for expecting a disc drive to last more than 12 months?

No. Should last much longer. Where did you buy it from?

GorillaJu

Neymar is very good. There is no way that clubs would be willing to pay the amount of money that's being rumored for him if they didn't think he wasn't worth it.

And before someone says "shirt sales," there aren't enough fans on the globe to make up for an 80m dollar transfer fee. The biggest clubs sell about 1.5m shirts per annum - this is altogether, not just for one player. The math doesn't add up.

K1LLER7

Whenever I watch Brazil play I always think Oscar looks alot better, or alot more effective, than Neymar.

As I said before I do think Neymar can be very good and players like him usually need more time to improve and reach potential.

But yeah - Oscar always outshines him for me.
Hazard >>> Oscar > Lucas > Neymar.

I think he's got great skills but he's wasting his time in Brazil. He can be a top player but he needs to make the step up and start playing against good defenders in a league where other teams have players as good as him. He's coasting at Santos.
Yeah I agree.

I'm not sure why he is so committed to staying in Brazil until the World Cup. If anything a move this summer with a testing season in Europe next year would be best for both him and the NT.

Santos are paying through the roof to keep him too - and most of his wage is covered by sponsors I believe.

Not sure it really makes sense on any level anymore.

Neymar is a good player, very promising even. But the numbers being thrown around are ridiculous for an unproven talent at an European scale, 21 years old and in the last year of contract.

With 80/100 million you could buy Falcao + Coutinho. Think about that, the damage it would do.

jtb

Banned
Lets see if Coutinho can keep up these levels if performances next season when Liverpool actually have something to play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom