• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Elftal%2Bvan%2Bhet%2Bjaar.JPG

JOOOOOZZZZYYYY!

subtles

Wow, it seems like the stories of Charlie Adam feigning injury to go on holiday and Kenny allowing Carroll to follow suit was true. Just goes to show you never what happens behind the scenes I guess. It also seems like Liverpool are bringing in Papadopoulos, good signing if true.

Meier

Lol where is this from? No PSV player? No Strootman, Mertens (most assists) etc? What a joke

It's from De Telegraaf. Strootman has been overlooked by all of the end of season award lists, hasn't he?

It also seems like Liverpool are bringing in Papadopoulos, good signing if true.

I know City have been sniffing around him. He's a FM/FIFA wonderkid and has done quite well for Schalke. Would be a great signing.

Wow, it seems like the stories of Charlie Adam feigning injury to go on holiday and Kenny allowing Carroll to follow suit was true. Just goes to show you never what happens behind the scenes I guess. It also seems like Liverpool are bringing in Papadopoulos, good signing if true.

Carroll can fuck right off if that's true. He shouldn't be given a single minute. Adam has already got himself banned for the last game with a very dodgy looking tackle, wouldn;t be surprised if he was at it again. We'll know depending whether he turns uo fir their last game

confuziz

Banned
You can say what you want but their sports section, especially football, is quality stuff. They have good people there and many contacts inside the sport. Only VI can match them.

That's true. The thing is though, VI isn't biased. Telegraaf is full of Ajax supporters. Everyone knows that.

I wonder for how much. We were offering almost 20 million for him last summer and Schalke refused to sell.

Linius

That's true. The thing is though, VI isn't biased. Telegraaf is full of Ajax supporters. Everyone knows that.

The people judging the players every weekend are far from only ex Ajax. Though I admit articles about Ajax specific are mostly biased towards us when ref decisions are discussed etc.

subtles

So guys, when does The Engineer arrive?

I'm actually pretty excited about seeing us play with genuine width! Isco!!!!!

Something just occurred to me I thought I should mention. I remember I once asked Rafa Benitez why the academy doesn't play a 4-3-3 if it allows greater creativity and expression on the pitch. He mentioned that the starting shape of a team was not important as long has the fundamental way of playing (style) and movement is. I also believe he told the academy staff that 4-3-3 was ill suited in England (as Wenger found out) and that the philosophy of the academy should be the same but with a 4-2-3-1 shape. What I'm saying is, Pellegrini may want to play with a different formation then what you would expect but the style should be the same. Even Rodgers has been experimenting with a 4-2-3-1 and a 3-5-2 lately, so next season should be exciting on many fronts.

Anderson

Absolutely wonderful night for us. Our destiny is in our own hands.

Spurs will remain forever in our shadow.

Last 6 PL games against Newcastle at St Janss Park we've only won once. Nothing certain yet, Newcastle may play better with no pressure now that they're staying up

Feorax

Carroll can fuck right off if that's true. He shouldn't be given a single minute. Adam has already got himself banned for the last game with a very dodgy looking tackle, wouldn;t be surprised if he was at it again. We'll know depending whether he turns uo fir their last game

But media darling tho.

The media love in for Carroll is ridiculous. He's done exactly what he did with us last season and turned up around Feb/March.

Also, considering how shite we are in the air, you won't get any complaints from me if we sign a Greek centre back names Kyriakos

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Last 6 PL games against Newcastle at St Janss Park we've only won once. Nothing certain yet, Newcastle may play better with no pressure now that they're staying up

Newcastle will roll over and die, they have nothing to play for. They just want to go on their holidays and the good players want to get their transfers sorted.

subtles

I wonder for how much. We were offering almost 20 million for him last summer and Schalke refused to sell.

No way Liverpool will pay that much. Speaking of Schalke, I really like Draxler and I'm surprised not many clubs are making a fuss over him.

Crap, I forgot to mention Carroll was injured as well. Not too much of a difference but yeah. Sorry. The entire medical department knew Adam was faking. They say Carragher was absolutely furious when the staff told him about it.

Wes

venison crêpe
Villa fans are laying in to Robbie Savage on twitter because he predicted us to go down at the start of the season. Some funny stuff being said.

Zabojnik

No way Liverpool will pay that much. Speaking of Schalke, I really like Draxler and I'm surprised not many clubs are making a fuss over him.

He's been linked with quite a few clubs. Juve allegedly tried to sign him last year, but his family wasn't keen on moving outside of Germany.

Feorax

Crap, I forgot to mention Carroll was injured as well. Not too much of a difference but yeah. Sorry.

Hasn't he just signed a new contract?

Apparently a part ex deal is being considered for Papadopolous. Skrtel or Coates plus £10 million?

We should have pulled the Gazprom money from Schalke when they refused to sell. As for Draxler, Dortmund were apparently interested but he told them to fuck off and then extended his contract with Schalke. What a boss.

Wes

venison crêpe
Here's something funny guys:

If Chelsea draw 0-0 with Everton and Arsenal beat Newcastle 2-1 they will have the same points, same goal difference and same amount of goals scored.

Now if they were 1st and 2nd there would be a playoff to decide who wins. Not sure what happens for 3rd and 4th. If countback on matches between the two then Chelsea go 3rd.

subtles

Hasn't he just signed a new contract?

Apparently a part ex deal is being considered for Papadopolous. Skrtel or Coates plus £10 million?

I don't know about Skrtel, but would Coates even consider the move? He's already settling into a foreign country and I doubt he would want to go through that all over again. He had Suarez to convince him last time as well.

elseanio

I don't know about Skrtel, but would Coates even consider the move? He's already settling into a foreign country and I doubt he would want to go through that all over again. He had Suarez to convince him last time as well.

Think it would be more likely Skrtel than Coates

Arnie

Where's the Papadopoulos link?

He the Schalke player?

dc89

Daily Mail say the straw that broke the camels back was Mancini attacking Hart. The players were shocked to see such a popular player hung out to dry.

They also report that Aguero has become unsettled by the recent goings on and may seek a move away.

Well... Show us the money Madrid. £60m or bust.

Wes

venison crêpe
US Folks:

@richarddeitsch 7h
ESPN's new daily soccer highlight show will air on ESPN2 in the late afternoon, likely in the 4-5 PM ET hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom