• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you get to win either way?

Cunning trick, that. Not seen a Chelsea fan use it before.
I personally don't hate Rafa and I think 3rd or 4th and Europa League won will be decent work on his part. But only decent. I think we should of secured CL football much sooner.

If we do lose tomorrow I won't be making a song and dance about it. I've just watched him tinker with the team so much now that I don't go in to this game entirely sure that he will do the right thing.

At this stage I want him gone. But I can't honestly say he's been anywhere near as bad as many would have you believe.

Hixx

Nice to have you back Kyle. Rest of Chelsea gaf suck

Lmao jk

maybe

Also winona in justified hnnnnnnnngh

Arnie

I personally don't hate Rafa and I think 3rd or 4th and Europa League won will be decent work on his part. But only decent. I think we should of secured CL football much sooner.

If we do lose tomorrow I won't be making a song and dance about it. I've just watched him tinker with the team so much now that I don't go in to this game entirely sure that he will do the right thing.

At this stage I want him gone. But I can't honestly say he's been anywhere near as bad as many would have you believe.
I think if you took a time machine back to his first day in charge, with all the outrage and the signs, and then you stepped forwards to today: Automatic Champions League secured, Europa League final, stories of Lampard getting a new deal (filed by a journalist from the Telegraph apparently), then you have to say it's a job well done.

Chelsea's squad isn't ready to challenge the Manchester clubs, and I don't think it's massively better than that of Spurs or Arsenal, to be honest. So he's done well.

My personal prediction is that, a year from now, we'll look back at what's been a relatively poor season for Mourinho and questions will be asked as to whether Chelsea should've kept Rafa. Obviously all the fans will say no, but I think the pragmatists will find it hard to argue.

Nice to have you back Kyle. Rest of Chelsea gaf suck

Lmao jk

maybe

Also winona in justified hnnnnnnnngh
Cheers!

I think if you took a time machine back to his first day in charge, with all the outrage and the signs, and then you stepped forwards to today: Automatic Champions League secured, Europa League final, stories of Lampard getting a new deal (filed by a journalist from the Telegraph apparently), then you have to say it's a job well done.

Chelsea's squad isn't ready to challenge the Manchester clubs, and I don't think it's massively better than that of Spurs or Arsenal, to be honest. So he's done well.

My personal prediction is that, a year from now, we'll look back at what's been a relatively poor season for Mourinho and questions will be asked as to whether Chelsea should've kept Rafa. Obviously all the fans will say no, but I think the pragmatists will find it hard to argue.
Eh, very possible that if Jose comes back that he's not going to work miracles. I think that's the fear a lot of people have. Don't know that anybody could argue that keeping Rafa would have been the way to go though.

Remember, when we got Rafa I was one of the few who wasn't utterly offended by it. I even sported the Rafa avatar. And to this day I have never wished him out. Don't get me wrong, I never wanted to keep him long term, and I do want him to go when the season is over. But I won't deny him any praise that he's due.

Obviously we're going to disagree, but I just feel that if he had really done a top job, we would have got to where we are now quicker and easier. I'm not debating what he has achieved, just the manor in which he has achieved it. Some will argue that that shouldn't matter. But whatever, you though my first comment had the typical Chelsea fan slant on it. I'd perhaps argue that your opinion takes the typical Liverpool fans view.

Edit: also, I couldn't honestly say that I see the connection between Rafa's reign and an alleged new contract for Lampard.

Arnie

I'd perhaps argue that your opinion takes the typical Liverpool fans view.

Of course it does, I'm overtly biased.

I believe he didn't reach this target quicker because his first dozen home games were marred by an unnecessarily toxic atmosphere that harmed the team (and as a result your away form was much better during that period). Since his post-Middlesborough statement where he declared that he'd be leaving, it seems like the fans have calmed down and the team has fallen into a real groove of winning.

Rafa won manager of the month last month, and there's an argument to be made that he should win it again.

Also worth noting that in terms of footballing matters his time has been completely harmonious. Makes a huge difference to 18 months ago when this Chelsea squad was accused of all sorts in the wake of AVB.

That second one gives me an instant boner.

Of course it does, I'm overtly biased.

I believe he didn't reach this target quicker because his first dozen home games were marred by an unnecessarily toxic atmosphere that harmed the team (and as a result your away form was much better during that period). Since his post-Middlesborough statement where he declared that he'd be leaving, it seems like the fans have calmed down and the team has fallen into a real groove of winning.

Rafa won manager of the month last month, and there's an argument to be made that he should win it again.

Also worth noting that in terms of footballing matters his time has been completely harmonious. Makes a huge difference to 18 months ago this Chelsea squad was accused of all sorts in the wake of AVB.
I'd agree there is an argument to made for the bolded. But I can't say it's as clear cut. Did the fans need Rafa to come out and say he would be leaving? That wasn't news. I know I certainly didn't need telling.

Also don't know that I could say that his time has been anymore harmonious than RDM's. Sure, there were problems openly aired whilst AvB was there, but that was as good as dead once RDM took over.

Fuck, I live here and I love the second one.

Wilbur

Banned
#teamgogoat

Yeah buddy, you know it. Although what if Chespin's final ev is amazing, two grass pokes is unnecessary.

Diagonal walking. Cars. New types. Ridable Pokemon. The region map. Hnng. Hngh hnnnnfhhh.

It's going to be the second best game ever after GTA. AND THEY'RE WITHIN A MONTH OF EACH OTHER

MY SPUNK TUBES WON'T BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE THROBBING PULSATING RHYTHMS

Clegg

Two grass pokemon may be unnecessary but you can ride on the back of a gogoat. He's in my team for that reason alone.

Meier

I haven't watched the 4th season yet but afaik she's still in it. She's been downgraded from a cast regular to a recurring character though.

That is accurate. She is naturally still on the show. Re-casting a role happens once in an absolute blue moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom