• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No PS4 is just so fucking dumb unless they are just going to wait for that to E3, actually just announcing it now would be pretty dumb so close to e3.

PD are so slow, porting job might be taking them a year.

Unfortunately, they are ridiculously untrusting of other devs to help them, which is why they didn't outsource the car-model development for GT5 and ended up with the silly quality gap between standard and premium cars.

How it should have worked:

-PD make GT6 for the PS4
-A smaller studio, the size of a ReadyAtDawn or Studio Liverpool(RIP) work side-by-side with them, downporting everything to PS3
-Boom, best possible PS4 version driving (lol¬¬) sales, best possible PS3 version continuing to push the PS3, and selling tens of millions in it's own right.

But nope, we'll get a marginally improved GT5 with better menus, added tracks and upgraded cars, and will have to wait 3 or 4 years for the first slice of PS4 driving-sim pie.

@JWong, Coutinho

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 1m
Sky Italia transfer king @dimarzio (broke Pep to Bayern) says RM president Florentino Perez has promised Aneclotti Gareth Bale

i09dTCTNERDsr.gif

confuziz

Banned
raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 1m
Sky Italia transfer king @dimarzio (broke Pep to Bayern) says RM president Florentino Perez has promised Aneclotti Gareth Bale

i09dTCTNERDsr.gif

What? I don't understand what you are trying to say. He is promising Ancelotti and Bale to RM or Ancelotti is getting Bale?

Edit: I get it. If Ancelotti comes to Madrid he is getting Bale..

Google I/O and GT6 today, I have a feeling they both will disappoint. This year sucks so far.

Unfortunately, they are ridiculously untrusting of other devs to help them, which is why they didn't outsource the car-model development for GT5 and ended up with the silly quality gap between standard and premium cars.

-PD make GT6 for the PS4
-A smaller studio, the size of a ReadyAtDawn or Studio Liverpool(RIP) work side-by-side with them, downporting everything to PS3
-Boom, best possible PS4 version driving (lol¬¬) sales, best possible PS3 version continuing to push the PS3, and selling tens of millions in it's own right.

But nope, we'll get a marginally improved GT5 with better menus, added tracks and upgraded cars, and will have to wait 3 or 4 years for the first slice of PS4 driving-sim pie.

They probably want to do something different for a PS4 GT, although I agree with you. I wish it was coming to the PS4 as well.

They will need to upgrade all the standard cars, or the ones that matter to look decent on the PS4 as well.

-PD make GT6 for the PS4

i would've scratched the PS3 version completely.

as it stands, GT6 will actually hurt PS4 sales. it's one of the dumbest decisions i've ever seen.

that's millions of GT heads that would buy the console when it's released on the promise that GT6 would come 2014/15, sales Sony could use.

now, it's millions of folks who won't touch a PS4 till 2017/18 when GT7 comes out. and by 2017 the PS4 might be out of the race already.

LTWheels

The rumour goes he underwent a medical last weekend, with the £17 million fee agreed, but seemingly there is a problem with his knee.

Whether he signs or not will depend on the results of an MRI scan to be undertaken shortly.

Any ideas on what kind of knee problems? Must be something permanent or long term if we reject.

Scum

-PD make GT6 for the PS4

@JWong, Coutinho
Sony and PD want you spend money on Gaikai to stream GT6 to the PS4.

Clegg

Keeping Rooney and buying a decent midfielder would be good business imo.

It would probably be bad for Kagawas chances of playing through the middle but so be it.

Feorax

Any ideas on what kind of knee problems? Must be something permanent or long term if we reject.

Well if you're paying £17 million, you need to make sure the due dilligence is thorough I suppose. Seems as though the strength and conditioning team weren't satisfied during the medical itself.

I don't buy into most ITK's (IndyKalia is my favourite fraudster) but there are a couple who seem to have some credibility and have called things in the past pretty well. A couple also talk a lot with Echo journalists who have decent connections, so there is normally no smoke without fire.

The rumour goes he underwent a medical last weekend, with the £17 million fee agreed, but seemingly there is a problem with his knee.

Whether he signs or not will depend on the results of an MRI scan to be undertaken shortly.

I hope we're getting our outgoings sorted early as well. Its silly if we're getting our squad sorted without getting a firm handle on who will definitely be staying next season. That's how you end up paying £35m for the likes of Andy Carroll

Feorax

I hope we're getting our outgoings sorted early as well. Its silly if we're getting our squad sorted without getting a firm handle on who will definitely be staying next season. That's how you end up paying £35m for the likes of Andy Carroll

If what I've said above turns out to be true, it looks like Carroll is pretty much out the door. Just a case of finalising the deals now.

GQman2121

Banned
Nameless shirts are the best shirts.

I like getting a players shirt though. I'll probably do one more Lampard one if this 1yr contract is worked out.

In the states, this years shirt has a disclaimer that they're cut small and fit snug because of the shirt sweat tech. The authentic shirts that the players wear are even more form fitted apparently. Won't ship until June.

Well if you're paying £17 million, you need to make sure the due dilligence is thorough I suppose. Seems as though the strength and conditioning team weren't satisfied during the medical itself.

I don't buy into most ITK's (IndyKalia is my favourite fraudster) but there are a couple who seem to have some credibility and have called things in the past pretty well. A couple also talk a lot with Echo journalists who have decent connections, so there is normally no smoke without fire.

?

But he's my source for Strootman > United.

Yeah, I agree. Though I added the legendary number 14 to my Ajax shirt.
I always go nameless. Think they look better. Also, you never know what the guy on your back well end up doing. I remember I contemplated getting Malouda after he had a good season. Imagine how that would have turned out.

I like getting a players shirt though. I'll probably do one more Lampard one if this 1yr contract is worked out.

In the states, this years shirt has a disclaimer that they're cut small and fit snug because of the shirt sweat tech. The authentic shirts that the players wear are even more form fitted apparently. Won't ship until June.
I have a 10/11 tech-fit shirt. It is literally undershirt material and fit. Unless you're cut out of marble -- which I'm not -- they aren't worth putting on.

Damn. Have to wait for my Mum to come home so I can take a photo of my passport and a bank statement which can be emailed to MobileShop so I can verify my identity and get this order complete. Getting a PAC was a piece of piss, surprisingly.

How do I go about insuring the phone, or should the manufacturer's warranty be enough?

So GT6 is at least coming out this year, so they won;t be dragging out the PS3's life for too long in terms of first party efforts hopefully.

Zabojnik

MY BODY IS NOT READY![/QUOTE]

Yeah, but ... PS3. The last GT I played seriously was GT3. I must've put 300 hours into that thing and completely burned myself out. Skipped GT4, played some of Prologue, skipped GT5. Not really interested in GT6 on PS3, so ... GT7 on PS4 for me.

kharma45

-PD make GT6 for the PS4

@JWong, Coutinho

It'd be a headache to port knowing them, PS3 will just get a reskinned GT5.

LTWheels

The only racing games I have ever really enjoyed were the PGR series. I always found it had the right balance of arcade and simulation.

GQman2121

Banned
Which teams are seriously in for Neymar? He's got one year left on his current deal. He's moving this summer or Santos are business-retarded.

Tc91

Jonathan Northcroft ‏@JNorthcroft 1m
John Terry out of final: stage set for David Luiz to confirm himself as Chelsea's future leader

Time to see JT run on the pitch again as a full kit wanker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom