• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Nope not suggesting that, problem is not even CR7. Its all down to coach and emphasis on CR7. I do not mind that CR7 is the focal point. He is the focal point of attack for a reason. Problem is he is not efficient with the chances afforded to him. He's got 150+ more shots than messi and yet messi has outscored him 5 goals. He can score 55 goals all he wants but if the goals aren't taking us to la liga, cl, or even cdr dem 55 goals go down the drain.

If Cristiano Ronaldo isn't efficient with the chances given to him, what the fuck does that make the dynamic duo of perpetual bottlers we have upfront?

You said it yourself, Cristiano alone cannot take us to CL and Liga glory. So on whose head does the responsibility fall on? Our strikers, no? They both did amazing last season, so Im not sure why you continue to blame Cristiano for their shitness in front of goal.

Real problem is when he is not scoring but we still pass the ball to him regardless, hoping he scores when he is not in the game. we get screwed and too often we end up with draws or even losses because of this. What we do is basically "hero" tactics and we rely on cr7 too damn much to bail us out. we don't build up attacks, we just counter, pass to cr7 and hope for the best. can you not see the problem with this?

Of course I can see the problem with this. Guess why we do it? Because our strikers are SHIT. Of course we're gonna give the ball to our best and most consistent player! We wouldnt have to if Higuain and Benzema were worth a damn.

plus we need our striker to get consistent games and at least 10-12 chances instead of 3-5. need that confidence built.

I can agree with this. The one sensible thing you've been saying for months.

I would genuinely welcome some debate here. Tell me why you think the falcaos, the cavanis, the lewandowski's would succeed here and not fail.

Because they are actually clinical, goal scoring strikers? Why is this so hard to grasp.

Benzema is no longer leaving.

No shit, huh? Can we all get a giant fucking DUH?

I said Carvajal is coming back several months ago and currently that is coming to pass within 2-4 weeks or after elections. Flo has already vindicated my sources saying plans for carvajal do involve him coming back home.

Whoa, where can I get your magic crystal ball? Blind man couldve told you this, and quite a few members on this forum said the same.

oh yeah, sorry juve, same interview, Juve has yet to talk to flo and zidane on higuain. What's keeping ya juventus? oh right, you dont got the moneyz bahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahha!

What are you, twelve years old?

AS - Tymoschuk: Heynckes is 99% Real madrid

Apparently his view on the matter of coach. god let this be true. I HATE ANCELOTTI! GIVE ME ANYONE BUT ANCELOTTI!

Bu- bu- but I thought your wizened twelve year old self didn't read the mainstream spanish rags

Marca reporting personal terms been agreed between Suarez and Madrid, but that we won't negotiate a price, and will only sell if the release clause is met.

Bu- bu- but I thought there were no reports coming out of Spain on this.

Oh wait its Marca and AS, it must be fake

bu- but Tymoshuck

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Turok_TTZ said:
not sure if sarcastic or being mean towards me. Sometimes I don't feel welcome in this part of gaf :(

Naah, you're more than wel..

oh yeah, sorry juve, same interview, Juve has yet to talk to flo and zidane on higuain. What's keeping ya juventus? oh right, you dont got the moneyz bahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahha!

..FUCK OFF TUROK ITK

But seriously, we have the money, this is classic Marotta exploring all our 'other' options.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
juXwlXzDyDhsy.jpg

20212307.JPG

Lichtsteiner_flashed_an_L.png

jF0duiJb4GZZQ.jpg

Please stay with us forever. <3

Fuck Coentrao. Fuck *googles* Piszczek. Fuck Cuadrado. There's only one Licht <3

I'm watching the Russian promotion/relegation playoffs and and a team from the Russian far east is playing. On the one hand, as a fellow Eastern Russia bro I want them to make it but then I imagine the potential travel for Zenit. Midweek game in Europe then a trip to Khabarovsk. ugh

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I answered you yesterday you turkey!

Not much. Fast Six was amazing.

WILBURY

WHAT'S UP YE...oh! You did? Fuck this USER CP thingy is as broken as Iaquinta.

Fast Six was terrible.
KuGsj.gif
But I guess that's the point innit.
3AQmK.gif

Did you go to The Great Gatsby?

Wilbur

Banned
Didnt see Gatsby. Hate Luhrmann.

You need to post more.

Need to make up for the non-existent transfer muppetry.

I'll get back into the swing of things eventually. Just been taking some time out.

What up Wilbs!

We're signing Thiago.

Edit: And now Tony Hibbert too lol

Now I feel I'll never post again.

Can't wait, still watching episode 7. Going through the series a bit by bit.

I was immensely satisfied come the end of the season.

Clegg

I think this has been posted before but it needs reiterating.

If Ando stays at United then he's going to die.

There is one session that David Moyes puts on for Everton’s squad which still puts the fear of God up me. Every year you know it is coming but there is nothing you can do about it.

As was the case when he told us to follow the fitness coaches into the river, the manager takes great pleasure in seeing how much it makes the players squirm. Basically ‘the horse shoe’ is a series of sharp runs that cover distances between 100metres and 300m and there is barely any time to catch your breath in between.

By the time you are on your eighth sprint, your legs feel like jelly and buckle, while your lungs are burning. The manager, meanwhile, simply laughs as you collapse. It feels like torture but it clearly pays off as we take pride at Everton in the fact no team will ever out-run us during the season.

Turok_TTZ

If Cristiano Ronaldo isn't efficient with the chances given to him, what the fuck does that make the dynamic duo of perpetual bottlers we have upfront?
Neither are on form. rotation and tactics screwed both over.

You said it yourself, Cristiano alone cannot take us to CL and Liga glory. So on whose head does the responsibility fall on? Our strikers, no? They both did amazing last season, so Im not sure why you continue to blame Cristiano for their shitness in front of goal.
CR7 not at fault really but if there is a complaint, dude should have talked to mou on tactics. he should be aware of this more than anyone. he isnt dumb.

Of course I can see the problem with this. Guess why we do it? Because our strikers are SHIT. Of course we're gonna give the ball to our best and most consistent player! We wouldnt have to if Higuain and Benzema were worth a damn.
this is where the fallacy hits. Did you not say they both had a good year in the season of 11-12? If they were shit as you say, Benz would not have scored 26 goals in 10-11, 32 the next year. Higuain wouldnt have scored 29 back in 09-10, 26 in 11-12 seasons. 32 goals benz and 29 goals is shit? lmao.

I can agree with this. The one sensible thing you've been saying for months.
I'm not sure you agree to this at all going by what you said above. They have shown they got the quality. but ur earlier text contradicts what you say.

]Because they are actually clinical, goal scoring strikers? Why is this so hard to grasp.
because they are on form and not in the same situation as benz and higuain are. why are you failing to register this? weren't benz and higuain clinical in the season of 11-12 :) ?

No shit, huh? Can we all get a giant fucking DUH?
who is acting 12 now?

]Whoa, where can I get your magic crystal ball? Blind man couldve told you this, and quite a few members on this forum said the same.
quote them as i didnt see any of them.

What are you, twelve years old?
see above

Bu- bu- but I thought your wizened twelve year old self didn't read the mainstream spanish rags

Bu- bu- but I thought there were no reports coming out of Spain on this.

Oh wait its Marca and AS, it must be fake

bu- but Tymoshuck
AS are actually credible 8 times out of 10 and I stand by them for this reason. they are nothing like marca.
AS credits the tymo comments from a russian tv interview with tymo. they aren't making it up themselves. if you bother to read instead of making dismissive, childish comments. you would know this.

I expected a better response but this was very disappointing.

confuziz

Banned
Fuck this shit, I need to fill in for a teacher tomorrow and I have little to no knowledge about his classes.

Basically at this stage I know as much as my students do. I don't know what I would do without Google.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fuck this shit, I need to fill in for a teacher tomorrow and I have little to no knowledge about his classes.

Basically at this stage I know as much as my students do. I don't know what I would do without Google.

Teachers don't matter anyway. Read to them from their book.

Turok_TTZ

Naah, you're more than wel..

..FUCK OFF TUROK ITK

But seriously, we have the money, this is classic Marotta exploring all our 'other' options.

sorry about that comment im a bit frustrated about the possibility of ancelotti coming to madrid and that was me venting my frustration somewhere else to make myself feel better.
How does mentioning a video interview of florentino makes me Turok_ITK? Thats public info anyone could have looked for.

I don't like the chances for juve considering what flo says but i dont think we will sell someone like higuain till after the elections are done tbh. i dont see updates coming till that time or when carlo gets instated.

Is the class called "the role of managers in football"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom