• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Our club have already stated Pepe is not for sale. And what does that have to do with who we buy in an entirely different position? Cashing in?
Didn't know it was confirmed that he's not fo sale. You're being too serious, I was joking. Alba is a cunt and Pepe is the neutralizer. But if Pepe left we would need a cunt with at least the same quality to target Alba ;)

So far all Perez has said about Suarez is, that he "likes Suarez as he likes a lot of others but sometime it don't fit".

I don't believe that we have secured Suarez yet for one bit.
Don't believe it either. If anything after Perez and Suarez agent's statements it sounds more like he's staying there. Cunt player with a shit club, how fitting so he should stay there.

Turok_TTZ

You complain about tactics and rotation but
Isnt this where your fallacy hits? Same tactics as last season, same rotation as last season. So, why arent they scoring as consistently as last season? Aren't they be good enough?
They are but both were burned by mou. Rotation only makes sense to establish who is gonna start. The whole idea last season was that we rotate to decide who was gonna be the de facto starter and who was gonna be the backup the following season after. However Mou thought what isnt broken shouldn't be fixed and continued rotating. The Problem with this is You cannot keep your strikers in limbo like that. Tells them that you do not have confidence in them, Tells them that No matter how well they do, their job security is not safe and isn't worth wasting their time and effort over it. You have Benz and Higuain instead of earning their spot, constantly fighting just to get started for one game on a per game basis. this burns them out mentally quickly when it doesn't get resolved and adds to frustration.

The constant competition and the lack of a safety net so benz/higuain can catch their breath burned them mentally and physically. and because they don't get consistent 90 mins game it affects their form and sharpness. and whenever they miss a shot it builds up to the frustration and destabilizes them. Why do you think no one in madrid is out with pitchforks and torches gunning for benz/higgy's heads? I know they haven't had a good season but its hardly their fault. intangibles mate. they matter. and thats without the tactics coming into play that inhibits them.

Higuain asked to leave for this very reason. He feels he will never get the job no matter how well he does. no matter how many goals he scores be it 26 or hell even 40 goals. He doesn't feel valued or important and feels he can become an instant starter elsewhere. somewhere where he doesn't have to put up with such a situation in the first place.

I've never expected a good response from you since your whole posting history is more disappointing than not winning any european silverware in ten years, thanks to the shit players our board and presidents insist on buying.
I gotta say wow here. Here I am trying to have a discussion of football and you just go... you know what? nvm. I feel like I am wasting my breathe here. we're done.

Slizz

I've read that Moyes is a big believer in midfield being the most important area of the pitch. That bodes well for the prospects of United finally signing a midfielder. But we don't know what kind of player he'll go for. He 's obviously a big fan of Fellaini which suggests he'll try to sign him or a similarly physical cm. But in recent years our style in midfield has been more about retaining possession with decent passers than having a destroyer.

Like I said, right now I haven't a clue what's going to happen transfer wise this summer. It all depends on how Moyes envisions his United team setting out.

Which is kind of why I'm trying not to get into the transfer muppetry. Of course I want most of the guys we are linked with, but this is the first time we literally have no clue what United is gonna look like on the pitch. I assume it'll look very similar at first, like in the preseason but it's gradually going to change.

I'ma buckle up and try and enjoy the ride.

Hixx

So Roberge, Cabral and Diakite all on frees.

I'd heard of none of them before they were linked. Ergo they are mint coz they have foreign names.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You have Benz and Higuain instead of earning their spot, constantly fighting just to get started for one game on a per game basis. this burns them out mentally quickly when it doesn't get resolved and adds to frustration.

That's a brilliant tactic actually.

Turok_TTZ

It works only for one season though and that was last season. I actually think its the best way to decide who is gonna be our first choice striker and who is gonna be strictly backup but once again: ONLY FOR ONE SEASON DOES IT WORK. because when introduced, everyone agrees to do this to earn their spot and define roles. we find out who is better than the other and whoever loses cant say shit because we gave that person the chance to win it and he didnt take it. the seasons before 11-12 benz got injured and higuain got injured. never had the chance to compete for the one spot. 11-12 season was fair game at last. both were injury free, both were ready to work hard to earn the job.

but come the 12-13... the job was a lie.

Nyx

469.jpg

Best thing about this is that a lot of teams forgot how to counter a good 4-4-2.

Turok_TTZ

Best thing about this is that a lot of teams forgot how to counter a good 4-4-2.

wouldn't a 4-3-3 have the advantage due to the extra man in midfield? 4-3-3 vs 4-4-2 its not a good match for the latter i thought?

Have I got you added on 3DS?!

I've never played either of the Oracle games!

I played both and beat both in my younger days.
No I do not believe you have.
I'm not getting them now but I will buy them when I can. *Stares at wife*

Nyx

wouldn't a 4-3-3 have the advantage due to the extra man in midfield? 4-3-3 vs 4-4-2 its not a good match for the latter i thought?

Well with 4-4-2 you have the extra midfielder, right?

And when you put your backs up high, the opponent's wingers will have to defend a lot more than if they would play another team with 4-3-3.

Utrecht played a 4-4-2 diamond system this season in which the LM, RM and CAM switched positions a lot and the backs stayed up high. Most opponent's coaches said after the games that it was very hard to play against. (and most Dutch teams play 4-3-3)

Turok_TTZ

Well with 4-4-2 you have the extra midfielder, right?

And when you put your backs up high, the opponent's wingers will have to defend a lot more than if they would play another team with 4-3-3.

Utrecht played a 4-4-2 diamond system this season in which the LM, RM and CAM switched positions a lot and the backs stayed up high. Most opponent's coaches said after the games that it was very hard to play against. (and most Dutch teams play 4-3-3)

I meant the mids in the middle not the wide mids. wide mids would have to pay attention to the wingers up front no? gotta support their fullbacks lest they be exposed out wide. Though imo the players and tactics make the formations work. bayern played a 4-4-2 in the cl final vs dortmund didnt they? worked out great considering dortmunds 4-2-3-1 had more mids and that didnt stop bayern from winning.

This is like saying Torres is back. You know it's never true.

he has scored 22 goals this season. sure mostly against scrubs but... he is scoring at least.

Hixx

It's a fucking teaser trailer

It's like seeing a poster for a film and creaming yourself

BLF9UrMCIAAJSmh.jpg:large

Original Wembley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> new Wembley

I was a bit further back and to the right of where this photo was taken

It was the day I fell in love with football, yet it was a day my heart was broken
KuGsj.gif

Tc91

indykaila News ‏@indykaila 51m
Breaking news: Uruguayan right back Guillermo Varela could be heading to #MUFC

Turok_TTZ

Now to clarify what flo said in the cadena cope interview today:
Basically the radio commentators talked about suarez interested in going to madrid and asked florentino about it.

Florentino responds although he is a good player, Cavani is also a grand player who talked of his interest in playing for real madrid and he is not only one who has said this like suarez has. he questions where they would fit. muses that he thinks all the rumours of us linked with whoever striker we are linked with are initiated by the players or their agents, trying to create a market.

Florentino seems disinterested in any transfer talk but bale and neymar throughout the hour long interview.

Meier

indykaila News ‏@indykaila 51m
Breaking news: Uruguayan right back Guillermo Varela could be heading to #MUFC

The Mail posted news about this 17 days ago apparently. Sounds like he's been on trial according to them.

Manchester United are considering a move for Penarol right back Guillermo Varela.

The 20-year-old has been invited over for a two week trial and has started training with the first team.

Varela is expected to play for Uruguay in the World U20 Championships this summer. He has yet to establish himself in Penarol's first team but is seen as one for the future.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Gutted for Abidal, the club promises to renew his contract once he started playing then change their minds and basically kicked him out.

Abidal is a legend, it's too bad Rosell is a cunt.

Meier

Gutted for Abidal, the club promises to renew his contract once he started playing then change their minds and basically kicked him out.

Abidal is a legend, it's too bad Rosell is a cunt.

Well, you can't really blame them that much. He's old and his health issues could come back at any time. Realistically he probably should have retired...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Well, you can't really blame them that much. He's old and his health issues could come back at any time. Realistically he probably should have retired...

Sure, but if that was the case they shouldn't have mentioned that a renewal was assured as soon as he started playing when it was bullshit.

Still it's pretty harsh and poor of the club to renege on a promise like that.

Obv Abidal is uncertain health wise but I'm sure they could have factored that into a new contract extension anyways.

Turok_TTZ

It works only for one season though and that was last season. I actually think its the best way to decide who is gonna be our first choice striker and who is gonna be strictly backup but once again: ONLY FOR ONE SEASON DOES IT WORK. because when introduced, everyone agrees to do this to earn their spot and define roles. we find out who is better than the other and whoever loses cant say shit because we gave that person the chance to win it and he didnt take it. the seasons before 11-12 benz got injured and higuain got injured. never had the chance to compete for the one spot. 11-12 season was fair game at last. both were injury free, both were ready to work hard to earn the job.

but come the 12-13... the job was a lie.

Yurt don't leave me hanging mate. I want your view on the matter.

Linius

Sorry if DC'ing, but that new Humble Bundle is sick. Telltale games galore, beat the average of a little under four dollars and you'll get The Walking Dead Game too (steamkey).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Now Luis Figo is running his mouth about Bale. They want a player and they wheel out all their old wankers to start crowing about him in the papers. It's a shame that in 12 months Bale will be playing for a club without an iota of class.

Meier

Sure, but if that was the case they shouldn't have mentioned that a renewal was assured as soon as he started playing when it was bullshit.

Yeah, I dunno the specifics about any promises, but I agree that's poor form if they had done so. Not a shock though. It's a business after all.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah, I dunno the specifics about any promises, but I agree that's poor form if they had done so. Not a shock though. It's a business after all.
They could have maintained their finances with a pay to play contract though. That would have been fair for both sides instead of going back on a promise.

Clegg

Yes.

What's he saying?

Moyes is looking to bring in two Everton players (Baines and Fellaini?) and some of our departing backroom staff think these lads aren't good enough to play for us.

And apparently Martin Ferguson scouted Isco extensively and decided he was too slow and didn't make enough impact on the pitch.

And this bit about Thiago too:

I went to Barça’s game at Espanyol on Sunday and spoke to several people either at the club or close to it. They doubted that Thiago wanted to play in England and said Real Madrid was the most probable option.

Had United got wind of his situation, they would have likely made a move for a player they’d long rated. He fits United age/talent profile perfectly and could have been the most reluctant arrival at Old Trafford from Camp Nou since Jordi Cruyff. But he was being scouted by people who’ve now left the club. How much knowledge was shared over potential targets is something only Sir Alex Ferguson and Davd Moyes know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom