• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
sorry about that comment im a bit frustrated about the possibility of ancelotti coming to madrid and that was me venting my frustration somewhere else to make myself feel better.
How does mentioning a video interview of florentino makes me Turok_ITK? Thats public info anyone could have looked for.

I don't like the chances for juve considering what flo says but i dont think we will sell someone like higuain till after the elections are done tbh. i dont see updates coming till that time or when carlo gets instated.
It's alright.
3AQmK.gif

All I know (from twitter) is that we're going to wrap up our Higuain (or Tevez) deal by next week.

ONE week sounds too soon for us..lol

dc89

Denis Suarez's agent has told talkSPORT the Manchester City youngster won't be used as a make-weight in a deal to take Jesus Navas to the Etihad Stadium.

Reports in Spain earlier this week claimed the 19-year-old would be offered to Sevilla as part of a move for Navas, but Felix Gende insists the teenager is determined to stay in England and is looking forward to working with incoming manager Manuel Pellegrini.

"Right now, Denis is focused on the pre-season with City," said Gende. "He has to play, obviously, but he just wants to succeed with City."
Gende did admit, however, that new City coach Pellegrini will have a major say on the player's next steps.

He added: "His future at City will depend on their new coach, Manuel Pellegrini. He's excited to play under him, as the system suits him a bit better in comparison to [Roberto] Mancini, who was more conservative.

"He wants to do well at City, but if the new coach doesn't like the look of him, maybe then we'll have to consider a loan move if there's anything interesting. We already know that several teams in Spain could be interested in loaning him."

Spanish Under-20 international Suarez signed for Manchester City from Celta Vigo in 2011, but has yet to make a Premier League appearance for the club.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...-youngster-wont-be-used-navas-deal-claims-age

We have to keep Suarez.

Clegg

An increased emphasis on fitness is never a bad thing. Although, United have never been criticized for having unfit players.

But if it makes us that much harder to beat then I'll be all for it.

Turok_TTZ

It's alright.
3AQmK.gif

All I know (from twitter) is that we're going to wrap up our Higuain (or Tevez) deal by next week.

ONE week sounds too soon for us..lol

I would argue yer better off with tevez but cant say due to age. Long term I reckon Higuain can be a success in juve. As good as trezeguet? probably not but you never know.

I still cant get my head around Llorente though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
First one's gonna be tricky, given Florentino Perez has yet to heard anything about it...

Possibilities:
1-We're pulling a Bayern and playing around behind the scenes. :p
2-Perez "Juve, show me the money?"
3-Higuain is smokescreen and the real target is:

fussballerjpg017400ro0.jpg

Slizz

An increased emphasis on fitness is never a bad thing. Although, United have never been criticized for having unfit players.

But if it makes us that much harder to beat then I'll be all for it.

"Phil Jones anxious to play a whole preseason"

A headline on United Facebook a day or so ago lol.

Turok_TTZ

Possibilities:

is that Zlatan? Well if Carlo leaves PSG, Ibra will ask to leave psg as well. which is why psg is working hard to keep carlo.

pulga

Banned
Neither are on form. rotation and tactics screwed both over.

You complain about tactics and rotation but

fallacy hits. Did you not say they both had a good year in the season of 11-12? If they were shit as you say, Benz would not have scored 26 goals in 10-11, 32 the next year. Higuain wouldnt have scored 29 back in 09-10, 26 in 11-12 seasons. 32 goals benz and 29 goals is shit? lmao.

Isnt this where your fallacy hits? Same tactics as last season, same rotation as last season. So, why arent they scoring as consistently as last season? Aren't they be good enough?

I expected a better response but this was very disappointing.

I've never expected a good response from you since your whole posting history is more disappointing than not winning any european silverware in ten years, thanks to the shit players our board and presidents insist on buying.

Clegg

"Phil Jones anxious to play a whole preseason"

A headline on United Facebook a day or so ago lol.

That's a medical issue though.

When I talk about fitness I mean having the players able to perform at a high level for 90 minutes without having a dip after 70 minutes or so. Uniteds players have usually been conditioned well.

Rooney and Ando being exceptions of course.

Pachimari

I have just read that Monaco's sports director have said, that there's no clause in Falcao's contract that let him leave after one season.

Slizz

That's a medical issue though.

When I talk about fitness I mean having the players able to perform at a high level for 90 minutes without having a dip after 70 minutes or so. Uniteds players have usually been conditioned well.

Rooney and Ando being exceptions of course.

Yea we are usually pretty good on that, but most higher profile PL teams are as well. Rio tends to fade fast nowadays but thats age.

Clegg

Yea we are usually pretty good on that, but most higher profile PL teams are as well. Rio tends to fade fast nowadays but thats age.

I'm mostly trying to guess at what Moyes will bring to United because right now I haven't a clue.

Suen

ACUERDO TOTAL CON LUIS SUAREZ

"AGREEMENT REACHED WITH LUIS SUAREZ"

No pen to paper yet, though

Bu bu but there's no Suarez talk coming out of Spain

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Brace yourselves, loveable 'pool fans.
I'd prefer Cavani, great player and he has expressed that playing for us (or Barca) would be a dream. Plus he's a much less controversial figure compared to that werewolf. We should get Cavani and buy Suarez as a reserve since Pepe may leave. We only use Suarez when Cavani is injured or when we're playing El Clasicos and Alba is out on the pitch :)

Suen

Possibilities:

Zlatan can score goals with his nose, can Higuain do the same? No.

Pachimari

I'd prefer Cavani, great player and he has expressed that playing for us (or Barca) would be a dream. Plus he's a much less controversial figure compared to that werewolf. We should get Cavani and buy Suarez as a reserve since Pepe may leave. We only use Suarez when Cavani is injured or when we're playing El Clasicos and Alba is out on the pitch :)
Our club have already stated Pepe is not for sale. And what does that have to do with who we buy in an entirely different position? Cashing in?

Clegg

Physicality in the mid but thats just adding Fellaini lol.

I've read that Moyes is a big believer in midfield being the most important area of the pitch. That bodes well for the prospects of United finally signing a midfielder. But we don't know what kind of player he'll go for. He 's obviously a big fan of Fellaini which suggests he'll try to sign him or a similarly physical cm. But in recent years our style in midfield has been more about retaining possession with decent passers rather than having a destroyer.

Like I said, right now I haven't a clue what's going to happen transfer wise this summer. It all depends on how Moyes envisions his United team setting out.

Pachimari

So far all Perez has said about Suarez is, that he "likes Suarez as he likes a lot of others but sometime it don't fit".

I don't believe that we have secured Suarez yet for one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom