• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWong

Banned
cristiano-ronaldo-injusti%C3%A7a.gif

This is what he's really saying:

untitled-18vo9h2.gif

LOL @fellaini, dude is overated as fuck

How the fuck would you even know? It's not that many months ago you were absolutely clueless to who his manager at Everton even was, so I have a slight feeling you might just be talking shit without actually having seen him play.

G-Unit

How the fuck would you even know? It's not that many months ago you were absolutely clueless to who his manager at Everton even was, so I have a slight feeling you might just be talking shit without actually having seen him play.

You really think I don't watch a few games of EPL?

Zabojnik

Hmmm. can't tell if this is about me or not.

It always has to be about you, doesn't it? FootballFan here, FootballFan there, bla bla bla. Jesus, get over yourself.
<3 Nah, it's just that the thread's been a bit harsh since before the CL final. The muppet season is upon us, thankfully. That's sure to improve things, lol.

pulga

Banned
So I heard Valdes and Puyol are holding a press conference today

Could it be Puyol is announcing his retirement?

Heh heh

FootballFan

It always has to be about you, doesn't it? FootballFan here, FootballFan there, bla bla bla. Jesus, get over yourself.
<3 Nah, it's just that the thread's been a bit harsh since before the CL final. The muppet season is upon us, thankfully. That's sure to improve things, lol.

Oh okay haha, thought it was because of all my "jealous of Neymar" and "Neymar haters" posts.

As if I care enough to bother lol.

Check the link.

Won't bother, I'll let myself believe you made it specifically for me.

You really think I don't watch a few games of EPL?

Of course not, it's hard not to watch a premier league game every now and then if you're interested in football. What I do doubt is that you have watched even remotely close to enough Everton matches to have any slightly informed opinion on Fellaini, when you couldn't even identify the teams managers name for 10 years. If I only watched a few games of Barca I could easily have watched the ones this season Messi has been dog shit/half injured and laughed at him saying he's not that good.

Fellaini isn't overrated, maybe outside of some crazy Everton supporters who thinks he's the best player in the world, actually he's quite good and I think he could be really useful for most of the top teams in the league.

G-Unit

Of course not, it's hard not to watch a premier league game every now and then if you're interested in football. What I do doubt is that you have watched even remotely close to enough Everton matches to have any slightly informed opinion on Fellaini, when you couldn't even identify the teams managers name for 10 years. If I only watched a few games of Barca I could easily have watched the ones this season Messi has been dog shit/half injured and laughed at him saying he's not that good.

Fellaini isn't overrated, maybe outside of some crazy Everton supporters who thinks he's the best player in the world, actually he's quite good and I think he could be really useful for most of the top teams in the league.

No you don't, thats nonsense since that alien had a 22 games streak scoring. And i don't compare him against messi, that would be laughable, But I have buscuits and toure as reference and he got nothing on them. Nothing.

Sorry, overated in my book. And why do you keep bringing that couch that has yet to win something worthwhile

Lol so I watched a highlight of the season for faillaini... and damn.... what kind of poor defending is that... i'm mean not him, opponent doing the sloppies defending I've seen in a while. And LOL the same crappy teams.

Anyway he seems better that I would ever admit, still overated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZFuxC1bdUk

and now it all boils down to watching a highlight video of him on youtube, which apparently was enough to change your opinion on him a bit lol. I'm sure some of the defending in the video is bad, but you wouldn't underestimate just how important being big and strong can be, there's lots of defenders relying on beating their opponents down just by mostly muscling them, many times they simply can't get to the ball because of his big body. He also actually got quite a decent technique and I can remember lots of situations where I would have loved to have had him at Chelsea.

Sorry, overated in my book. And why do you keep bringing that couch that has yet to win something worthwhile

Because not even knowing basic stuff about a club might be a good indicator on how much you have actually watched them lol

If you think you can make any judgement on a player from a youtube video or a half here and there you're hilarious.

G-Unit

and now it all boils down to watching a highlight video of him on youtube, which apparently was enough to change your opinion on him a bit lol. I'm sure some of the defending in the video is bad, but you wouldn't underestimate just how important being big and strong can be, there's lots of defenders relying on beating their opponents down just by mostly muscling them, many times they simply can't get to the ball because of his big body.

Because not even knowing basic stuff about a club might be a good indicator on how much you have actually watched them lol

LOL so I watch a highlight so I can check what's the fuzz i haven't seen in him at all in the few games I watched live and All I see was poor defending against him, a few nice touches, but clearly in CL that would be an average player and I'm wrong LOL.

G-Unit

and now it all boils down to watching a highlight video of him on youtube, which apparently was enough to change your opinion on him a bit lol. I'm sure some of the defending in the video is bad, but you wouldn't underestimate just how important being big and strong can be, there's lots of defenders relying on beating their opponents down just by mostly muscling them, many times they simply can't get to the ball because of his big body. He also actually got quite a decent technique and I can remember lots of situations where I would have loved to have had him at Chelsea.

If you think you can make any judgement on a player from a youtube video or a half here and there you're hilarious.

Yet my point stands, dude have yet to have a highlight in his career(pelegrini's semis in cl, bielba beating the shit out of manchester, the totteham dude winning europa league) hell as far as I know simeone is better coach than him. Why would I need to know him

Anyway, my case is, If toure went to manchester U, that would be huge! but Fellaini? Yeah I don't feel it.

pulga

Banned
Yet my point stands, dude have yet to have a highlight in his career(pelegrini's semis in cl, bielba beating the shit out of manchester, the totteham dude winning europa league) hell as far as I know simeone is better coach than him. Why would I need to know him

Anyway, my case is, If toure went to manchester U, that would be huge! but Fellaini? Yeah I don't feel it.

Fellaini's afro is the most marketable hair in the world.

LOL so I watch a highlight so I can check what's the fuzz i haven't seen in him at all in the few games I watched live and All I see was poor defending against him, a few nice touches, but clearly in CL that would be an average player and I'm wrong LOL.

How can you judge a player you don't watch? Especially a midfielder? It makes no sense. A highlight video isn't going to show everything.

Lightning

Banned
How can you judge a player you don't watch? Especially a midfielder? It makes no sense. A highlight video isn't going to show everything.
It isn't going to show anything. A Youtube video can make Giroud look like Messi and vise versa.

Calling Felliani overrated is just wrong though but coming from a user who knows nothing about Moyes it is to be expected I guess.

I don't know, it's been working fine for me with Inter players over the years. They're shit.
That's why Coutinho has been brilliant since signing for Liverpool? I get the feeling Inter get hated on just for the hell of it by Milan and Juventus fans.

Ah man it's payday today I usually celebrate with a mcdonalds lunch but the kids are on holiday and that means shit head kids going mental and chucking fries n shit.

ASDA meal deal it is then :(

dc89

Any 3DS footy-gaffers getting AC: New Leaf. I'm torn because I wanted to get it digitally but dont want to bother with Nintendo's shitty digital policy. Also don't know how much extra money I'll have. Though if enough of y'all are getting it, I'll definitely bite

I am! Going for a physical copy for £26 from Shopto!

I spent the night fighting with a girl via texts and I don't even know why we were fighting. Like, walls of text on my phone without any reason, the more I read them, the less I understand everything.

--

In more important news, it seems like Allegri is going to stay, Galliani might have convinced Berlusconi yesterday night. As much as I dislike Max, I have to say that the alternatives weren't simply good enough (which says a lot, when you think about it), especially Seedorf, having a manager without any experience means higher chances of having a major fuck up during the season.

--

Juve-GAF, get ready to see mohawks on half of your players:

Bumhead

Banned
Ah man it's payday today I usually celebrate with a mcdonalds lunch but the kids are on holiday and that means shit head kids going mental and chucking fries n shit.

ASDA meal deal it is then :(

Payday usually means McDonalds breakfast for me, although I've had to phone in this morning as my wife is poorly and we have no other childcare.

I guess I'm not as annoyed as the three guys at work who I was also fetching breakfast in for.. eeep.

As great as In The Loop is, out of all the notable British sitcoms (and I believe I've seen all of them except the second half of Partridge and Brass Eye, The Thick Of It is only second to the Office. Maybe Father Ted (fuck Clegg if he says not British)

Did you watch Alan Partridge then?

If not, watch the episode To Kill A Mocking Alan from Series 1, and you'll be hooked and watch it all at least a dozen times

Payday usually means McDonalds breakfast for me, although I've had to phone in this morning as my wife is poorly and we have no other childcare.

I guess I'm not as annoyed as the three guys at work who I was also fetching breakfast in for.. eeep.

Lazy asses time for them to get breakfast.

Clegg

Yeah just read that.

Not sure how I feel about it.
I'd be sad to see him go. He can be unplayable on his day and he still has a lot to offer.

Yesterday we talked about some players who lost their flair but became better players because of it eg Rooney and Ronaldo. Nani is an example of a player who never quite made it. He's still the most frustrating player in United's squad because he has so much ability but constantly makes the wrong decisions when he beats his marker. He looked like he was going to be a superstar after the 2010/2011 season when he was our best player in a title winning season. But he struggled with injuries after that and reverted back to his poor decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom