• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm sure this is old but:

"It's a good moment for a change of environment because of all I've been through."

Utter twat. It's going to be amazing watching Liverpool fans turn on him once he goes to Madrid. I gleefully await the shirt burnings.

lol this part is ridiculous:

That was rumored for some time and honestly doesn't make sense. They get money for every Lewy offer we decline? If that was true those shady bastards would have payed some 2nd division club officials to make a cheeky 2m offer for Lewy.

I haven't been following the transfer gossip lately, but does this Fabregas story to Man Utd have any basis in it at all rather than speculation surrounding his future and Utd needing a midfielder? If Cesc became available, it'd be odd as to why Arsenal would ignore the opportunity to re-sign him, much less him joining Man Utd of all people; the required level of betrayal is simply beyond his character.

On Laboured's torment list:

- G-Unit
- Lightning
- Salvadora
- Meus

Feorax

I'm sure this is old but:

Utter twat. It's going to be amazing watching Liverpool fans turn on him once he goes to Madrid. I gleefully await the shirt burnings.

He can fuck off bringing his family into this. I don't believe for a second they've been hounded by the press, and the local papers have always been fairly well balanced.

Anyway, Valdes is staying, so it looks like we're keeping Reina. Happy with that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
virginie_1014317Libero1.jpg

Jojo day!

I for one can't wait to see how badly we insult Fiorentina with our terrible lowball offer!

12m + Luke Brown.
KuGsj.gif

LTWheels

He can fuck off bringing his family into this. I don't believe for a second they've been hounded by the press, and the local papers have always been fairly well balanced.

Anyway, Valdes is staying, so it looks like we're keeping Reina. Happy with that.

I think the club should try and hold him to his contract for one more year. It feels very sour if his last game for Liverpool was when he bit, especially when considering his last game for Ajax and how he acted around that transfer.

With all the trouble he has caused us, I feel he owes us one more year. We are changing our defence is summer and maybe our keeper. If we need a new striker as well... Leaving us in the lurch.

Feorax

We are changing our defence is summer and maybe our keeper. If we need a new striker as well... Leaving us in the lurch.

If Valdes is staying, there is no way Reina will leave to go sit on the bench at Barca and play the odd Copa Del Ray match. More likely Barca will buy Ter Stegen and use the last years of Valdes contract to bed him in.

Fellaini is a good player but if United sign him then he'd be used differently than he is at Everton.

We'd use him as a defensive midfielder to break up attacks rather then being the focal point of attack like he was at Everton. And I have some doubts about Fellaini as a defensive midfielder.

Am I going crazy or did you post something almost exactly like this a few days ago?

Not having a go, I just want to know if my brain is playing tricks on me.

Lightning

Banned
I haven't been following the transfer gossip lately, but does this Fabregas story to Man Utd have any basis in it at all rather than speculation surrounding his future and Utd needing a midfielder? If Cesc became available, it'd be odd as to why Arsenal would ignore the opportunity to re-sign him, much less him joining Man Utd of all people; the required level of betrayal is simply beyond his character.
You really think Cesc has loyality to Arsenal? Cesc doesn't give a fuck about Arsenal or have you forgetten how he let his asshole Barca buddies trash talk, belittle, and humilate our club for 2+ years. A Barca team I might add you cheered for after they treated us like shit...

I think Cesc has genuine appreciation towards Arsene Wenger but his affection is for Wenger. I don't believe it's for Arsenal.

But he won't give up on his Barca dream so soon. He won't be leaving Barcelona this season.

Wasn't there some interview where the representative of his agency said they don't get any money from transfers? It was in some magazine, maybe Spiegel?

Edit:
Okay, maybe it was Götze's agent.

I highly doubt that, that's the default rip-off.

In other news, looks like we actually sell Bittencourt to Hannover. Not a huge fan of this but we have a buy-back option, same with Julian Koch to Mainz. I still don't get it, though. It makes sense for Koch as no one knows if he'll ever get back to his old self. But we should be able to find a club that would accept a 2-year-loan for Bittencourt surely...

Clegg

I don't really mind the wait for the next Ice and Fire book. But I find it hilarious that Martin was writing a compendium for the series while his fans are wailing for the next book.

Show them who's boss George.

Feorax

ITV saying Anzhi bid £15.4 million for Papiss Cisse, and Newcastle rejected it.

Can't quite decide which club looks more stupid in this scenario...

ITV saying Anzhi bid £15.4 million for Papiss Cisse, and Newcastle rejected it.

Can't quite decide which club looks more stupid in this scenario...

Newcastle are probably hoping Anzhi will come back with more.

Wonder if they'd go for Carroll if they do sell.

bud

haha, valdes gave his own press conference just to announce he's going to stay at barca for one more year? who the hell dies he think he is?!

Henry winter posted a load of pictures of the stadium for brazil friendly looking like a building site. And they still think the match is going to go ahead? :/

If Barca really wants ter Stegen, it makes sense for them to keep Valdes for another year. Ter Stegen needs (at least) another year to make the step to Barca and Gladbach would need to sell next year if they want some money before the contract runs out. I don't think they would sell him this year.

Feorax

If Barca really wants ter Stegen, it makes sense for them to keep Valdes for another year. Ter Stegen needs (at least) another year to make the step to Barca and Gladbach would need to sell next if they want some money before the contract runs out. I don't think they would sell him this year.

Exactly. That's also why a move for Reina now makes no sense. Reina already plays second fiddle for the NT, there's no way he's going to do it at club level too for a year.

Pachimari

He'll probably tell that he'll get Jupp Heynckes as coach (as Leonardi got a 9-month ban, PSG would probably like to keep Ancelotti for a year); make Zidane the sports director; extend Cristiano Ronaldo's contract; and he'll promise Carvajal and Bale. =p

FootballFan

Fucking valdes could have announced that at the beginning of the season the stupid attention whore. Jesus.

Probably said to his agent after announcing he is leaving "so how many clubs want me? Real Madrid, Chelsea, juventus etc right?"

Agent: "you have 2 offers, one from Auckland city and another from Wellington Phoenix B"

Stupid shit cunt.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He'll probably tell that he'll get Jupp Heynckes as coach (as Leonardi got a 9-month ban, PSG would probably like to keep Ancelotti for a year); make Zidane the sports director; extend Cristiano Ronaldo's contract; and he'll promise Carvajal and Bale. =p
You won't extend CR7's contract due to the new taxes system. Unless you're willing to pay him double his current salary?

FootballFan

valdes

tumblr_mc1xyfy6rV1qdu68lo1_400.gif

I want barca to move on now.

I'm nearly 100% sure he wants to leave but nobody wants him. He thinks he is better than he actually is.

5m Euros is too much for him even for Monaco/Zenit/Madrid/Chelsea/PSG/Man City/Anzhi.

Even Milan wouldn't want him on loan with option to buy co-ownership in installments of $40,000 a year for 3 years.

Mourinho would have had one less trophy at Madrid if it wasn't for Valdes. In case anyone needs a reminder, I am talking about him trying to dribble past di Maria and giving Madrid an away goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom