• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

BLSAsJiCYAAGuWQ.png

kharma45

I'd be sad to see him go. He can be unplayable on his day and he still has a lot to offer.

Yesterday we talked about some players who lost their flair but became better players because of it eg Rooney and Ronaldo. Nani is an example of a player who never quite made it. He's still the most frustrating player in United's squad because he has so much ability but constantly makes the wrong decisions when he beats his marker. He looked like he was going to be a superstar after the 2010/2011 season when he was our best player in a title winning season. But he struggled with injuries after that and reverted back to his poor decision making.

Yeah but he rarely has those days. He's an overpaid prima donna who thinks he is as good as Ronaldo and whilst he has ability doesn't have the mental resolve to make it at United.

Lightning

Banned
I'm not a massive fan of Fellaini, but he's better than Toure
Toure has more skill but Toure just goes missing in games and other times seems to not give a fuck but Fellaini seems much more consistent and is a bully to defenders and midfielders. He has such raw strength that he can bulldoze himself to goals.

I would LOVE Fellaini at Arsenal but it will never happen because Wenger prefers technical players and Fellaini's stength is his brute power.

Toure has more skill but Toure just goes missing in games and other times seems to not give a fuck but Fellaini seems much more consistent and is a bully to defenders and midfielders. He has such raw strength that he can bulldoze himself to goals.

I would LOVE Fellaini at Arsenal but it will never happen because Wenger prefers technical players and Fellaini's stength is his brute power.

Exactly. Toure at his best is possibly the best midfielder in the world. He's only anywhere near his best like 5 times a season though. Fellaini is a constant 7-8/10 player, Toure fluctuates between 10 and 1, averaging 6 imo

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I spent the night fighting with a girl via texts and I don't even know why we were fighting. Like, walls of text on my phone without any reason, the more I read them, the less I understand everything.

--

In more important news, it seems like Allegri is going to stay, Galliani might have convinced Berlusconi yesterday night. As much as I dislike Max, I have to say that the alternatives weren't simply good enough (which says a lot, when you think about it), especially Seedorf, having a manager without any experience means higher chances of having a major fuck up during the season.

--

Juve-GAF, get ready to see mohawks on half of your players:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

YES!

fuenf

Understanding the Lewandowski saga http://espnfc.com/columns/story/_/id/1463728/stephan-uersfeld-understanding-lewandowski-saga?cc=5901

holy shit! didn't know there were so many parties involved, still think he will end up at bayern

lol this part is ridiculous:
Lewandowksi has two agents - Cezary Kucharski in Poland and Maik Barthel in Germany, with the company based in Lichtenstein. Lewandowski is by far the biggest client. Eurosportsmanagement negotiated a special deal with Borussia Dortmund in 2010, according to recent media reports. This includes being allowed to talk to other clubs whenever they want, while getting 10% of the price of every transfer offer that has been turned down by Borussia Dortmund.

Clegg

Fellaini is a good player but if United sign him then he'd be used differently than he is at Everton.

We'd use him as a defensive midfielder to break up attacks rather then being the focal point of attack like he was at Everton. And I have some doubts about Fellaini as a defensive midfielder.

kharma45

Fellaini is a good player but if United sign him then he'd be used differently than he is at Everton.

We'd use him as a defensive midfielder to break up attacks rather then being the fiscal point of attack like he was at Everton. And I have some doubts about Fellaini as a defensive midfielder.

The amount of yellows he'd get is one.

We'd use him as a defensive midfielder to break up attacks rather then being the fiscal point of attack like he was at Everton. And I have some doubts about Fellaini as a defensive midfielder.

Don't worry about it, none of his fouls will be called up. He had the Midas Touch at Everton in terms of getting away with constant fouls and elbows, he'll get even luckier at United.

Clegg

He'd be a definite improvement on Phil Jones in midfield.

I never want to see him play there ever again. CB or bust.

Lightning

Banned

We'd use him as a defensive midfielder to break up attacks rather then being the focal point of attack like he was at Everton. And I have some doubts about Fellaini as a defensive midfielder.
I'm pretty sure Moyes will allow him to push forward. I'm really interested to see what kind of tinkering Moyes does with the formations at United because it's unlikely he'll manage the same way Fergie did or play the same way Fergie did.

I mean if Everton had a compentent goal scorer they'd be in the top 4. They had Mirallas always injured and Jelavic lost his scoring shoes. This caused them to draw too many games.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fellaini and Baines would DRASTICALLY improve United.

I feel like Fellaini is more suited to United's game than Kagawa.
right?

-

I have my Jojo-day gifs ready!

tumblr_m81q7ncMyy1r30r4xo5_250.gif

tumblr_m81q7ncMyy1r30r4xo6_250.gif

tumblr_m81q7ncMyy1r30r4xo7_250.gif

Lightning

Banned
Fellaini and Baines would DRASTICALLY improve United.

I feel like Fellaini is more suited to United's game than Kagawa.
right?

-

I have my Jojo-day gifs ready!
I hope Fiorentina screw you guys over and sell him to Chelsea. At least he'll be in the PL that way.

dc89

Graham Hunter just on TalkSPORT just then, he believes:

Isco to City. Good as done.

Navas has agreed personal terms, working on a few with his club.

He said Madrid are very weary of City and he thinks Pepe could be on the cards for a move to City.

Clegg

Having talked so much about him its inevitable that Fellaini won't actually come to United.

That's how this works right?

Clegg

Well Cesc is not coming, Thiago unlkely so he probably will come. Who else would you target? *insert Dortmund player joke*
Idk. Fergie isn't the manager anymore and we have no idea what kind of line Moyes is going to take when it comes to player recruitment.

And you'll be crying when Cesc signs for us.

Galliani: "Boca Juniors were knocked out of the Copa Libertadores, so we will remain as the successful club in the world."

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
KuGsj.gif

I was waiting for this, I was worried that the Gold Tie forgot everything about it, now I can calm down.

perkyz

Fellaini's original position was a defensive midfielder though (standard liege and originally at everton). He was quite good at it, he only became an offensive player when everton was plagued by injuries. But i guess because he was pretty good at it they kept him at an offensive postion....

Razor554

Official: Victor Valdes stays at Barcelona until the end of his contract in June 2014

fuuuck, so no new gk this summer?

And we have to sign two GK's next year since Pinto's contract ends also in 2014

Lightning

Banned
Official: Victor Valdes stays at Barcelona until the end of his contract in June 2014

fuuuck, so no new gk this summer?

And we have to sign two GK's next year since Pinto's contract ends also in 2014
Maybe Valdes will extend? You can raid Arsenal for Szczesny for goal keeper and Vermaelen for defence.

qindarka

Banned
Don't give me bad news.

Honestly a dream deal would be Jack Wilshere to Chelsea with Thibaut Courtois coming to Arsenal. That would be fantastic.

You've given up on Wilshere already?

And wouldn't it be good news for Arsenal if Chelsea don't get involved with their transfer targets?

Lightning

Banned
You've given up on Wilshere already?

And wouldn't it be good news for Arsenal if Chelsea don't get involved with their transfer targets?
I think Wilshere will be a very good player but he is overhyped to fuck at the moment. Judging by the media you'd think he was our most important player last season when it reality it was Walcott and Cazorla by far. And I want a competent young goal keeper badly. Wilshere will never be a creative force and I just like Aaron Ramsey.

And yeah it is better if you stay away from our targets but Jovetic is a special case since if you don't take him he will go to Juventus and the EPL dips out which will suck. Stuff the Serie A, I want the best players in the EPL where I can watch them every week.

I haven't been following the transfer gossip lately, but does this Fabregas story to Man Utd have any basis in it at all rather than speculation surrounding his future and Utd needing a midfielder? If Cesc became available, it'd be odd as to why Arsenal would ignore the opportunity to re-sign him, much less him joining Man Utd of all people; the required level of betrayal is simply beyond his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom