• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Any empathy at all for Fabregas? Is he that unsettled that he's willing to make a fool of himself for a second time? I would have him in a heartbeat, but the kid seems like a headcase.

Also, could you imagine if a club came to the negotiating table and claimed they couldn't offer you CL football, but you'll get to play with Garth Bale? What a treat.....

Wilbur

Banned
I really knocked it out of the park with my post in the signatures thread. I havent been quoted that much since the "why does she talk like she's black" fiasco

Speaking of which:

You're one of us now.

"i remember you shitting on Benfica last season when we fell to Chelsea, i was still a lurker, never forgot you, cunt. and now we shat on your shitty, soon to be relegated team. get bent." - Lambda Piscium

TY8UCNT.jpg

lol

dc89

Navas is going to City according to Graham Hunter.

Yup. He was on TalkSPORT this morning. Said Isco is done. Navas has agreed terms and a fee is being negotiated now.

I can see it now. When we announce Pellegrini them two wonder be far behind. A triple unveiling!

dc89

A video exclusive on the greatest site in the world with the City chairman.

He calls City "a club that has been designed to win championships." And a club that wants to play beautiful, entertaining football.

Khaldoon is awesome.

Carbonox

He calls City "a club that has been designed to win championships." And a club that wants to play beautiful, entertaining football.

Khaldoon is awesome.

They'd have more chance of getting relegated and winning THE Championship than winning the Champions League and playing beautiful football.

Labadal

If Suarez leaves, we should bid for Benteke. I know Vill would be unwilling to sell, but he's so damn good. I wouldn't mind Lukaku either, going to go dream now.

We'll end up with Darren Bent.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Man, Lindsay in Arrested Development season 4 looks like an entirely different person... WTF happened?

I can only recognize her voice.

She looks weird at first but in later episodes she looks OK. She aged 7 years and had some bad fillers injected, they seem to have worn off now.

3Sixty

Stats Zone Premier League Central Midfielder of the Year:
Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton)

First, some housekeeping. By "central midfielder" we don't mean a trequartista floating between the lines (and watching aloof from afar while his team-mates defend). We mean one of the 2 in the 4-2-3-1, what might be demeaningly referred to as a "defensive midfielder" if the position wasn't frequently occupied by players with the panache of Steven Gerrard, Mikel Arteta and Paul Scholes.

That said, the winner of the inaugural Stats Zone Central Midfielder of the Year Award isn't exactly a household name, except in places where stats lovers live. Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin spent most of the season topping the Premier League's rankings for both interceptions (he ended up with 139) and tackles (146).

These figures underline the fact he's the perfect midfielder for Southampton's hard-pressing game, but the Obernai sensation also impressed in possession. He chipped in with five goals, not a bad rate for a central midfielder at a club many tipped to struggle, and had a very tidy 84% pass completion rate – and from nearly 2,000 attempted passes: only eight players completed more passes over the course of the season.

One of those was Mikel Arteta, whose 2,750 passes is matched only by Xavi in Europe's top five leagues. The judges also commended Liverpool's Steven Gerrard, Manchester City's Yaya Toure and Everton's Marouane Fellaini, but the stats don't lie: Schneiderlin is the Stats Zone Central Midfielder of the Year.

Key Stats: Few players manage to get into double figures for interceptions; after all, that means that once every nine minutes they have successfully read the opponents' intentions and interrupted an attack. Even Schneiderlin, who topped the season list, 'only' averaged 4.17 per game. However, at Wigan and at home to QPR he went into overdrive with 10 interceptions. At the DW, he also managed to top the passing table – and with an 87% completion rate. Now that's a midfielder.

Morgs <3

spidye

I am reading a report on Javi Martinez and some of the stats are insane

he played in 27 games in the league. 24 wins and 3 draws.
just 8 goals conceded when he played. 6 of them after a corner/penalty/free kick

72% of the tacklings won and 100% pass success rate in the final

Meier

First time ever I'm flying, nervous as fuck

It's actually pretty fucking amazing. The fact you can go so far in such a short period of time is really neat and it's totally painless. Have fun in Portugal! My fiancee's favorite wine is a type from there called vinho verde.

What seat do you guys like to sit on on planes?

I like the aisle seat by the window.

If you're a baller and fly first class do not respond.

Fergie

Banned

Khaldoon is awesome.

"Let him dream".

Hixx

Diakite was going to Napoli until Rafa got the job

Thanks, Rafa?

Also fuck the Ents in the forest in Dark Souls. The low level ones were fodder, these ones can fuck you up so quick :(((

Diakite was going to Napoli until Rafa got the job

Thanks, Rafa?

Also fuck the Ents in the forest in Dark Souls. The low level ones were fodder, these ones can fuck you up so quick :(((

They become such a piece of piss later on. Nasty shock the first time one of them grabs you though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom