• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
Going to be a great transfersummer.

'United interested in Falcao'

GAF : RUMMMBOO OMGGGG. BEST PLAYER EVER, TREBLE INCOMING

Falcao to Monaco confirmed

'United interested in Tiago'

GAF : OMFG BEST MIDFIELD IN THE UNIVERSE

Tiago stays at Barcelona

This will go on for Fellaini, Strootman, and the rest.

"Let us dream".

Tiago stays at Barcelona

:lol

You're on the list.

WJD

Tiago stays at Barcelona

You're far too obsessed with United, my friend.

Shagwell

BLmvLQXCIAAFJ5q.jpg:large

The only one of them worth a damn. <3 Ste

The only one of them worth a damn. <3 Ste

I still have a lot of admiration for Alonso, not his fault we failed to replace him so spectacularly. Suarez as well I could accept leaving, although I think there's an argument to be made for him owing us another season. Torres though, I fluctuate between being over it, and getting pissed off about it. Last 2 days of the transfer window, when we needed him most, to a team in the same league after acting like a sulky little bellend for 5 months.

Mac_Lane

Ligue 1 is becoming more and more attractive by the day, next season's looking really promising. Can't wait to see what PSG's response gonna be like once the coach situation is sorted out.

I'd like us to snatch Bale away from those Madrid bitches.

Ligue 1 is becoming more and more attractive by the day, next season's looking really promising. Can't wait to see what PSG's response gonna be like once the coach situation is sorted out.

18 shite teams, and two oil-baron teams full of mercenaries. Fuck that.

Bale won't be pushed into a move to France by agents/investors.

No chance he goes to France.

Confuziz would have you believe the Premier League is the same.

City are the only team in the PL who came from nowhere to be given their success. Chelsea obviously needed Abramovich to give them that big, final push to become one of the elite, but they were a decent, consistent team before then. Everyone else has either been built from moderate investment, or modest investment in the lower leagues and smart business to get them up into the PL imo

Then again, I disagree woth confuziz on most things, so we'll see :p

Zabojnik

I'm watching Turkey-Slovenia. Zabo, why wasn't Ilicic called up? Is he not good enough for Slovenia? :p

I have no clue. I can't be arsed to follow our national team. Tbh, I consider myself a citizen of the world. I just happen to live in Slovenia.

I don't think Ilicic's all that great. Hopefully Inter will sign him.

Mac_Lane

18 shite teams, and two oil-baron teams full of mercenaries. Fuck that.

18 shite teams? You should get to know the League a little bit better. Lyon and Marseille have almost ended their austerity cure, and will soon have bigger stadiums (Marseille will soon complete the renovations of the Velodrome, and Lyon will hopefully have finished building its own come 2016, just in time for the Euro).

Nice's also getting a new stadium this summer, which should give the club much needed new financial resources.

Saint-Etienne has been doing quite well for the last couple of years, with a very good salary policy that more and more clubs are drawing inspiration from.

Lille missed out on a European competition qualification, but the club is well managed and its new stadium should allow it to develop even further.

So that's at least 7 clubs that can compete well. Plus, Nantes is returning this year, with one of the biggest stadiums and fan base of France.

I'm really optimistic about the League's future.

Messi

FSiac0G.jpeg

Pinto facebook

En el entrenamiento de hoy con el equipo ganador del último partidito de esta temporada

Translation :

In today's training with the team winning the last home match of the season

Look who's in the teeeeeeam

Sane_Man

Unedited transcript of Suarez's press conference: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkj4fo

Best case scenerio: We hold on to him for another year and he keeps to his word and accepts that, keeps his head down and the press off his back, realises if he didn't act like a dick the press will leave him alone and he decides to stay forever.

Semi-realistic scenerio: He stays another year and his attitude becomes even worse due to it, doesn't have the best season, and leaves in the summer (for a lower transfer fee).

Realistic scenerio: He just leaves.

I hope it's either the unlikely best case scenerio or he just leaves.

Razor554

"Lionel Messi, who's recovering from a thigh muscle injury since last month, will get the medical green light today.#fcblive [sport]"

Messi to play tomorrow? Cool.

I have no clue. I can't be arsed to follow our national team. Tbh, I consider myself a citizen of the world. I just happen to live in Slovenia.

I don't think Ilicic's all that great. Hopefully Inter will sign him.

So do you support Italy at the major tournaments then, or are you truly neutral? I personally just get depressed when Russia doesn't qualify and hate on all the teams that did.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Imo, 20M€ + Marrone or 18M€ + Quaglia would be an honest offer. They'll probably want more cash though, like 22-23M€ at least.
Did you read Brown's interview? :(

He's hoping we don't "sell" him. He wants to come back to us after a season or two with Montella.

Timurid

Bale would be nice, but he is a luxury buy atm. I rather get a striker, defensive mid to backup Matuidi, and a left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom