• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

Meanwhile just for laughs. Marca is making up bs about Real madrid approaching City for Tevez and they want pepe and di maria in the equation.

I forgot how funny it is to read marca.

Blablurn

tumblr_mngq8wwesV1qd5yffo1_500.gif

Turok_TTZ

Depends what Real Madrid told him to do.
We haven't told him shit nor would this change in the near future.

Meanwhile, Valdano talks to Cope or was it Ser...? anywho gives his opinion on higuain and rumoured transfers. "Out of all the names of strikers said by papers, rather keep higuain" says Valdano.

I agree, nobody excites me so far.

I know. At least Enrique won't leave me :)

Do we know if Madrid actually even want him?
we are not, its all paper talk from the british.

I still haven't seen any of the CL final goals or clips. I don't even know what happened other than it was 2-1 to Bayern and apparently Robben scored late.

We haven't told him shit nor would this change in the near future.

Meanwhile, Valdano talks to Cope or was it Ser...? anywho gives his opinion on higuain and rumoured transfers. "Out of all the names of strikers said by papers, rather keep higuain" says Valdano.

I agree, nobody excites me so far.

we are not, its all paper talk from the british.

So he's talking up a potential move, but has no idea where he could end up? Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Slizz

@MUFC_Facebook: nd carrick is only 21 so he will get beta a
nd beta!!
Lol WTF. Hahaha.

@MUFC_Facebook: if da cec fabregas rumors r tru i will name my snake cec fabregas
I will as well mate.

BJB0UnLCcAE5bjv.jpg:large

Pumping dem irons.

Damn he's getting huge, people gonna think twice coming across the middle.

Also, I like to believe the Kagawa and DDG relationship is similar to some fan-fic in real life.

Turok_TTZ

I still haven't seen any of the CL final goals or clips. I don't even know what happened other than it was 2-1 to Bayern and apparently Robben scored late.

first one was a open goal

2nd one was penalty

3rd was robben dribbling defender and barely gets a shot through the gk but it was enough.

Turok_TTZ

So he's talking up a potential move, but has no idea where he could end up? Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

He even admitted that there was no contact with madrid. there is no credible noise in spain. its all coming from england.

Also this has happened before. See felipe melo to madrid some seasons back. dude genuinely thought mou was interested in him.

He even admitted that there was no contact with madrid. there is no credible noise in spain. its all coming from england.

Also this has happened before. See felipe melo to madrid some seasons back. dude genuinely thought mou was interested in him.

Credible noise in Spain...

You think there's no reason he talked about them when saying it's time to move on? Explain please why you would burn bridges with your club if you don't have a move planned?

Feorax

I think we have to privately put a deadline on this though. We can't have clubs coming in and taking the piss by making their first proper bids on the 20th August.

We either need to spend the money we expect to receive for him in advance, and hope we get the money we expect from him, or alternatively tell him that if we haven't received a substantial offer by mid/late July, then he will have to honour his contract.

Turok_TTZ

Credible noise in Spain...

You think there's no reason he talked about them when saying it's time to move on? Explain please why you would burn bridges with your club if you don't have a move planned?

I have seen stupider moves done by not so intelligent players. Suarez wants to move on and by "flirting" with Real madrid, he hopes to get Real madrid interested. Too bad for him Flo is not interested. already clarified this yesterday.

I do know a madrid team who IS interested in Suarez but its not Real madrid, it's Atletico. They got the money, they are playing champions league football, and they just lost Falcao. Suarez would fit right in with them. and currently that's where I see suarez going atm.

LTWheels

Reina
Johnson-Agger-Papadopoulos-Joes Enrique
Lucas
(Henderson)
- Gerrard
(Henderson)
?????
(Henderson)
- Coutinho
(Henderson)
- Aspas
(Henderson)
Sturridge

Feorax

Reina
Johnson-Agger-Papadopoulos-Joes Enrique
Lucas
(Henderson)
- Gerrard
(Henderson)
?????
(Henderson)
- Coutinho
(Henderson)
- Aspas
(Henderson)
Sturridge

That space on the wing could be filled by Atsu based on the stories that seem to be picking up traction.

Interested to see if Sturridge becomes our full time number 9 though. His injury record is against him at the moment, I can see a good chunk of the Suarez money spend on that position.

GorillaJu

Yup, mirrors Torres transfer perfectly, minus the official transfer request.

This is a good read regarding life without Luis:

http://tomkinstimes.com/2013/05/the-pros-and-cons-of-selling-suarez/

Read the whole thing and I think he's got the pros and the cons down pretty well.

I find it especially telling that our win % nearly doubles when we play without him, and that we'd still have finished 7th without his goals.

He is a brilliant dribbler, inventive, aggressive, has a lot of great qualities and is extremely entertaining to watch - one of the most entertaining players in the world, I'd say. Yet the fact that he gets wound up so easily, results to dirty tactics, and has a lot of footballing flaws as well (giving the ball away, selfishness, offsides), I think we could do well even if we sell him.

We'll see what happens - I think now that we've got Sturridge we should be okay, since he's been so excellent for us. Gonna definitely need a quality forward in his place. I've heard Luis Muriel (Udinese) touted as a name.

On a more serious note, this Suarez stuff is ridiculous

-He should be playing for a better club
-I personally think he owes us for sticking by him after all the self-inflicted shite
-If he doesn't feel he owes us that, he at least owes us an honest reason to leave, ie I don't want to waste my prime years at a club adrift in 7th
-Hiding behind his press reputation as a primary reason to leave is dishonest and cowardly, and reeks of trying to pull the wool over our eyes
-For all the stick we give the likes of Rooney, he's nowhere near as stupid as Suarez is regarding running his mouth off and causing problems to his club
-We're most probably fucked if he goes. No matter how much we get for him, it will be exceptionally difficult to find players who can propel us back into those CL spots, with or without the money gained from his sale
-I hope we keep him for a year and expand our scouting network, tap a few players up, the usual
-The nightmare scenario is going into next season with him on the books, and losing him in August leaving no time to negotiate with replacements, direct or indirect

Feorax

Read the whole thing and I think he's got the pros and the cons down pretty well.

I find it especially telling that our win % nearly doubles when we play without him, and that we'd still have finished 7th without his goals.

He is a brilliant dribbler, inventive, aggressive, has a lot of great qualities and is extremely entertaining to watch - one of the most entertaining players in the world, I'd say. Yet the fact that he gets wound up so easily, results to dirty tactics, and has a lot of footballing flaws as well (giving the ball away, selfishness, offsides), I think we could do well even if we sell him.

We'll see what happens - I think now that we've got Sturridge we should be okay, since he's been so excellent for us. Gonna definitely need a quality forward in his place. I've heard Luis Muriel (Udinese) touted as a name.

Well given that Sturridge is injured and Suarez is off, that leaves our striking options as Borini, Morgan and Shelvey (false 9).

We really should be looking to spend £15 to 20 million on someone to play in our number 9 position who can play off Coutinho, rather than a roaming forward that confuses everyone, including our own front line.

How would you describe Luis Muriel as a player? Heard good things but not sure what kind of attacker he is.

PowderedToast

Well given that Sturridge is injured and Suarez is off, that leaves our striking options as Borini, Morgan and Shelvey (false 9).

We really should be looking to spend £15 to 20 million on someone to play in our number 9 position who can play off Coutinho, rather than a roaming forward that confuses everyone, including our own front line.

How would you describe Luis Muriel as a player? Heard good things but not sure what kind of attacker he is.

isn't aspas a done deal? i wonder if we've aggressively targeted him in the knowledge of suarez feelings, or whether we'll continue to seek another attacking player afterwards.

GorillaJu

Apparently Muriel is quite a bit like Ronaldo (real), including the weight issues and the injury problems as well. Moves similarly, even looks like him.

Obviously nowhere near as accomplished and likely never will be, but still - it's a good mold to be in.

isn't aspas a done deal? i wonder if we've aggressively targeted him in the knowledge of suarez feelings, or whether we'll continue to seek another attacking player afterwards.

Aspas is a done deal. LFC confirmed it.

According to the Guardian we're also in for David Villa and Jesus Navas.

Feorax

Last I heard terms were agreed with player. Transfer fee now depends on whether Celta Vigo go down at the weekend. Think he's more of a Downing replacement myself.

Apparently Muriel is quite a bit like Ronaldo (real), including the weight issues and the injury problems as well. Moves similarly, even looks like him.

Obviously nowhere near as accomplished and likely never will be, but still - it's a good mold to be in.

Yeah, just had a look on youtube. Might be him and Aspas on the flanks then, which would be excellent.

Still need a CF though.

It was in the Echo that he wasn't brought in as a replacement for Suarez.

Are you Walshy from RAWK? How did that argument between you and Macphisto go re: the Xbox One? :p

Enjoyed your posts on there btw :)

If Navas is willing to leave, we'll get blown out of the water by others, and he is a huge risk of a transfer for a club with limited funds and squad depth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom